pgr
General of the Army

Traffic Rule (Railroads)

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 am

Simple question to the masses (of devs...) how does the traffic rule work, and does it apply/ can it be made to apply to railroads and river transport?

If I understand the concept, the more strict you set the rule, the more troops you have in a place, the slower they will move out of that place. (Clogged roads etc.) Does this also apply to rail movement? Railroads and River Transport has always only been limited by the global pool. Individual rivers and rail lines have unlimited bandwidth, so a whole corps/Army moves as quick as a battalion (presumably on the same single track line.) Is there a way to have traffic rule slow down larger stacks on the rails and rivers?

(Or does it already happen and I never noticed...)

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Traffic Rule (Railroads)

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 pm

FYI, I asked once about the direction of march. If an Army and two Corps all enter a region from the east do they get a greater penalty than if one stack entered from the east, one from the north and one from the west. POCUS posted this was the case. I assume this would be true for egress as well.

Pocus

Re: Traffic Rule (Railroads)

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 pm

river transport is not subject to traffic rule, it only apply to land movements. Railroads suffer from traffic rule, but you can use them much more extensively compared to marching with troops. Both somehow interact on each other also.

Return to “Civil War II”