EdDawg
Conscript

Mexican Intervention

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Is there any way that a Confederate player go to war with Mexico? If not is there any way that it could be modded into the game?

DrPostman

Re: Mexican Intervention

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 pm

I believe the AI is limited to 2 factions. Why would you want to make things more difficult
for the CSA? Besides, the Mexicans had enough going on with the French occupation and
a recent civil war. You'd basically be wanting to fight the French, since Benito Juárez was
only holed up on the border for a short time before moving his forces to base out of
Chihuahua. You could make common cause with the French I suppose, but they wanted
to establish a new empire in Mexico, so I doubt they would accept help. Quite a complex
mess down there until the French finally withdrew after the end of the US Civil War.

Captain_Orso

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:48 am

First off, in CW2 the AI already deals with more then 2 factions. There are the Native Americans (IND), the British (GBR), the French (FRA), and which ever side the player isn't playing (USA) or (CSA).

BTW in games like Napoleon's Wars II the AI has to deal with a whole lot more factions than just these hand full.

Officially, from a game perspective, the only way to unlock Mexico and France is to score Foreign intervention, which will also open up Great Britain and Canada.

EdDawg
Conscript

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks for the responses. I usually play as the CSA and every now and then I like to play a me against the world kind of game and see how long I could holdout. I know that foreign intervention is rare even on easy, but is there a way to mod the files to make it more likely? I have played around 10-15 full games and have never gotten foreign intervention even when the meter was on 100.

Thanks in advance for any help.

DrPostman

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:First off, in CW2 the AI already deals with more then 2 factions. There are the Native Americans (IND), the British (GBR), the French (FRA), and which ever side the player isn't playing (USA) or (CSA).

BTW in games like Napoleon's Wars II the AI has to deal with a whole lot more factions than just these hand full.

Officially, from a game perspective, the only way to unlock Mexico and France is to score Foreign intervention, which will also open up Great Britain and Canada.

My mistake. I should have said the player is limited to one of 2 factions. I do miss having control
of foreign troops when intervention kicks in though.

grimjaw
General

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:47 pm

It was looking into the French intervention in Mexico in CW that got me interested in modding it in the first place.

From what I recall, with the exception of one or two regions Mexico *never* unlocks. In the base game, the entire territory and small set of events is just there for flavor. There is no provision for the Mexican faction to produce much in the way of anything to replenish its losses. I'm not even sure there are objectives assigned for the French or Mexican factions with regard to that conflict. The territory grew enormously from the original AACW, but the conflict was never modeled. It's ripe for a kind of DLC release, but there's nothing in place now to do much with even if the territory was unlocked.

I even played a little bit recently with giving control of British and Canadian forces to the Confederacy. It worked, kind of, but it wasn't a smoothly operating thing, and would have required some serious suspension of disbelief.

Return to “Civil War II”