Ironclad
Sergeant

Massive increase on turn 3 for the CSA

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:55 pm

It a while since my last game and previously I tended to play more Union than CSA so my memory of the latter is hazier, nevertheless I don't recall getting a massive increase in war supplies, income and conscripts on turn 3. It was the war supplies that initially drew my eye as I do recall the CSA always being short. But here 2020 has been added bringing my total to 2127, and looking again i see there has been a massive increease in conscripts up by 850 to 982 as well as a doubling of income.

The relevant events would seem to be the capture of Norfolk Navy yard and Harpers Ferry arsenal - the only other significant one was the embargo on cotton but I don't remember increases of that order of magnitude in the past. I'm assuming this is not correct but would welcome clarification. Thanks.

(Edit) Actually the whole line has gone crazy - rail, river and morale are all way up. Not sure about vctory points. Morale has jumped 32 to 131. Its never been easier being a Rebel!! God must be a Confederate. Seriously it looks like a multiplier has been applied to all the figures - I'm not aware of anything that I or my opponent could have accidently upped to trigger this although that would be a tidier explnation than a bug.
Last edited by Ironclad on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Massive increase on turn 3 for the CSA

Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 pm

To my knowledge in both major scenarios the initial ws income shouldnt exceed like 35, inclusive events, exclusive the runner RGD, which gives +8 each.
Never had something happening like that.

DrPostman

Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Yep, that's a glitch, for sure. Since it's only turn 3 you could go back a turn and
rerun it, and see if it comes out the same, or start the game over.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Ironclad
Sergeant

Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:36 am

Looks like this is a local glitch as seemed likely given no-one else was reporting the issue. We'll restart with a cleaned up version (re-install?) and see how it goes.

PS Modded local files were the problem so apologies for raising this unnecessarily here.

Return to “Civil War II”