CajunNavy
Private

AI Settings in PBEM

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi guys, I hope all are well. My thoughts are with those on the US eastern seaboard.

I have a few questions regarding AI settings.

Do the AI settings you have on a PBEM game matter if you are playing two or more games? I want to play a game against the colonel AI while I have a couple of PBEM games underway at the lieutenant level.

Does that matter? If so what can I do about it other than manually changing AI levels before I open the game I want to make a turn on.

Regards and thanks,

C.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Re: AI Settings in PBEM

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:36 pm

Aside from changing the options each time you switch between saves, you could have separate copies of the game for PBEM and solo.

Most people seem to play PBEM with the AI turned off. In CW2 there are very little 3rd party factions that need an AI. There are a couple of independent Indian units in the far west, and there are those of Little Crow's war, really not much lost when turning off the AI. Though, if foreign intervention were to happen then you would need to turn the AI on to have the British do anything.

The AI difficulty level in a PBEM game won't have much impact, regardless of the level. It mainly affects resource production and CP penalties, which has no effect on the Native factions. However, if the British join then it will matter, but until then you should be fine using your single player AI settings in PBEM games.

CajunNavy
Private

Re: AI Settings in PBEM

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:14 am

Cardinal Ape,

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate your response.

C

Return to “Civil War II”