vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

How is the game now?

Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:48 am

I bought this game on launch, but never really got into it, being frustrated with some stability problems, and being distracted with a terrific game of PON.

Since then, it seems there have been a lot of patches and activity.

How does it play now? In single player?

Thanks,

Vaalen

Durk

Re: How is the game now?

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:50 am

I wish I could reply to you play against AI, but in pbem play, best American Civil War game developed so far.

DrPostman

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:23 am

No AI is perfect, but Athena is one of the best I've encountered. There are ways to tweak the settings
to make it a challenging game. I play on the highest difficulty level with giving the AI more time and
medium aggression. I also like to randomize the generals so that some of the worst aren't always
such a handicap, and sometimes the best aren't so great. Play enough times and you can figure out
how to beat Athena - that's it's weakness. But then all AI suffer from that. As stated, there is no better
PBEM game out there that covered the civil war, and to me no better solo play than this game.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Durk wrote:I wish I could reply to you play against AI, but in pbem play, best American Civil War game developed so far.

Thank you, Durk. That is very encouraging.

Regards,

Vaalen

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:09 pm

DrPostman wrote:No AI is perfect, but Athena is one of the best I've encountered. There are ways to tweak the settings
to make it a challenging game. I play on the highest difficulty level with giving the AI more time and
medium aggression. I also like to randomize the generals so that some of the worst aren't always
such a handicap, and sometimes the best aren't so great. Play enough times and you can figure out
how to beat Athena - that's it's weakness. But then all AI suffer from that. As stated, there is no better
PBEM game out there that covered the civil war, and to me no better solo play than this game.

Thank you, DrPostman. After reading your reply and Durk's, I am going to give it a try.

I agree with you about Athena, having had her give me some great challenges in other Ageod games. Good to hear she is doing well in this one.

Regards,

Vaalen

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:22 pm

DrPostman wrote:No AI is perfect,

But now with a decent processor it could be programmed as more powerfull than a human mind.
Since long a good AI can beat anybody to chess.
Okay it needs a good dev and the wisdom of several good strategists for the game.
But in a game it's useless to have such overpowered AI, for a player would always lose: no game possible.
So the best game AI in a future will be those with different programmed human personalities with their flaws.

DrPostman

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:02 am

ERISS wrote:
DrPostman wrote:No AI is perfect,

But now with a decent processor it could be programmed as more powerfull than a human mind.
Since long a good AI can beat anybody to chess.
Okay it needs a good dev and the wisdom of several good strategists for the game.
But in a game it's useless to have such overpowered AI, for a player would always lose: no game possible.
So the best game AI in a future will be those with different programmed human personalities with their flaws.

I would argue that the developers of this game have come up with one of the best
AIs I've ever played against. Athena can give you a tough game when the settings
are right.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

CajunNavy
Private

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:34 am

ERISS wrote:I would argue that the developers of this game have come up with one of the best
AIs I've ever played against. Athena can give you a tough game when the settings
are right.

What are the right settings? :innocent:

DrPostman

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:46 am

For me its the highest setting except aggression, I set that at normal, and regular activation.

Return to “Civil War II”