AlbertoC

1st June's Civil War II key giveaway!

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Today it’s the 1st of June, and on this day we remember the first land engagement of the American Civil War.

On this day, 155 years ago, about 210 virginian soldiers were occupying Fairfax Court House, about 14 miles west of Washington D.C.; they were under the command of Lt. Col. Richard S. Ewell.
They were engaged by forces from the 2nd U.S. Cavalry Regiment under the command of Lieutenant Charles Henry Tompkins.

No more than a few dozen men on each side took part in this minor skirmish, but it was in fact the first land engagement of the Civil War.

We at AGEOD are proud of having developed a game like Civil War II, the ultimate grand strategy representation of the conflict, allowing you to relive the entire Civil War and have complete control of the Union and Confederate armies on one of the largest maps ever created for a wargame on the period.

If you haven’t tried it yet then this is your chance. We are giving five free keys for Civil War II on Steam. All you have to do is send me a private message on the forum containing the answer to this question:

“The battle of Fairfax Court House saw the first death in action of a Confederate officer in the Civil War. What was the name of said officer?”

The first five users who answer correctly will receive a free copy of Civil War II on Steam!

Icebreaker4545
Civilian

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:45 pm

The answer is Captain Marr who took some prisoners and rallied his men but was killed and command was taken over by a civilian ex-governor of Virginia, William Smith, who forced the Union to retreat.

KevinM2
Civilian

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:05 pm

AlbertoC wrote:
“The battle of Fairfax Court House saw the first death in action of a Confederate officer in the Civil War. What was the name of said officer?”

The first five users who answer correctly will receive a free copy of Civil War II on Steam!

Message sent just now...

lffvet2
Civilian

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:13 pm

AlbertoC wrote:If you haven’t tried it yet then this is your chance. We are giving five free keys for Civil War II on Steam. All you have to do is send me a private message on the forum containing the answer to this question:

PM sent...

Thanks! :)

Hofstadter
Civilian

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Captain john marr

ru_disa
Private

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Oooops.... PM sent!

jonks
Civilian

Replied

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:37 pm

AlbertoC wrote:Today it’s the 1st of June, and on this day we remember the first land engagement of the American Civil War.

On this day, 155 years ago, about 210 virginian soldiers were occupying Fairfax Court House, about 14 miles west of Washington D.C.; they were under the command of Lt. Col. Richard S. Ewell.
They were engaged by forces from the 2nd U.S. Cavalry Regiment under the command of Lieutenant Charles Henry Tompkins.

No more than a few dozen men on each side took part in this minor skirmish, but it was in fact the first land engagement of the Civil War.

We at AGEOD are proud of having developed a game like Civil War II, the ultimate grand strategy representation of the conflict, allowing you to relive the entire Civil War and have complete control of the Union and Confederate armies on one of the largest maps ever created for a wargame on the period.

If you haven’t tried it yet then this is your chance. We are giving five free keys for Civil War II on Steam. All you have to do is send me a private message on the forum containing the answer to this question:

* PM sent *

FroBodine
Corporal

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:41 pm

I just sent you a PM, AlbertoC. I hope I got it in time! Thank you very much!

major snafu
Corporal

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:45 pm

PM sent

FroBodine
Corporal

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Come on, AlbertoC, give us some good news please! :w00t: Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

AlbertoC

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm sorry guys, so many PMs :) I'll get back to everyone in time.

Temgesic
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:05 pm

The name of the officer was Captain Marr :)

GregC
Civilian

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:22 pm

Captain Marr.

chronykle
Civilian

winners?

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:19 pm

Any winners?

hanny1
Captain

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:30 pm

AlbertoC wrote:Today it’s the 1st of June, and on this day we remember the first land engagement of the American Civil War.

CSA forces were commanded by major gen Extra Billy Smith who was present before Lt Col Ewell who acted under Smiths direction to deploy the inf coy after its officer became the first combat KIA

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm

And here is Cpt. Marr's photo:
[ATTACH]39022[/ATTACH]
Attachments
marr-john.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cowboyts
Civilian

1st June's Civil War II key giveaway

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 am

Answer to your question - The 1st Confederate officer to die in battle was Captain Marr.

AlbertoC

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:04 pm

I would like to thank you all who took part: the contest was insanely successful, and I received so many PMs it took me a while to read them all...

Unfortunately, since there is a 3 minutes countdown between private messages I can't answer to all of you, but I would like to thank all those who partecipated. Unfortunately not all of you can win...

... but since you guys were so enthusiast we decided to give out a few more keys, today.

I hope that the winners enjoy the game. If you weren't lucky, I'm sorry, but there will be other occasions. Stay tuned!

ru_disa
Private

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi,
Could you please confirm whether or not all the winners received their keys yet? This way the rest of us can finally put our hopes to rest...

Thanks for the contest!

AlbertoC

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Ah yes, sorry for the confusion: all keys have been delivered by PM!

greatarmchairgeneral
Civilian

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Captain Marr

David Wordsmith
Civilian

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:12 am

The g.entleman was Jhm Marr, Captain.

David Wordsmith
Civilian

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:15 am

The gentleman was John Marr, Captain.

shami50154
Civilian

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:28 am

His name was Capt. John Quincy Mar

kalesin
Civilian

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:19 am

I also send PM 1st of June, I see that the answer was correct.

There are list of winners?

Good luck to everyone

James W. Starnes
Corporal

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:09 pm

AlbertoC wrote:Ah yes, sorry for the confusion: all keys have been delivered by PM!

Alberto, will we be seeing any more updates in the future?

Return to “Civil War II”