cmdrsam
Corporal

csa questions

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Playing csa. Couple questions.

1. Places to look for that are perhaps holes in a supply line. Places that should have a depot but don't.

2. I never really use these rgd card. Clearing and build road. Ideas on using them.

BattleVonWar
Major

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:08 pm

1. If you need supply, build a depot chain and do it on a rail line or river line that will not be interrupted. preferably.. if you do not need them, do not build them. That or run wagon trains to and from a supply region to a non-supply region. Other than I fully do not understand what you want from ? 1

2. They are beautiful RGD clearing and roads(the latter is expensive as heck, only build if you can afford it and are committing great amount of resources to your goals), with full attrition on you want clear regions to get better supply, lower attrition, better frontage, faster travel. Other than that, do not use them : ) Where do you want to go on the offense is the ? but DO NOT BUILD roads for the Union into your territory that's the one thing that the South does have on it's side in the right areas
For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863 ~~~

DrPostman

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:44 pm

And don't forget that you can build flatboats almost anywhere you are near water
and the next turn can then build a depot using them. It's the cheapest way of
building depots.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Rod Smart
Colonel

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:02 pm

1- places where you plan on attacking from, or defending near. Western Virginia could use a depot to support a defense against Union troops coming over the mountain, and since Bowling Green is a great jumping off point in Kentucky, you should build a flatboat depot there.

2- I've only used roads as the Union to get from California to Texas. I'm not sure where or why the CSA would build one.

cmdrsam
Corporal

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Thank you sir.

I remember a discussion on acw1 that some people built extra depots in spots. Couldnt find thought I would ask here.

2. Again just didn't know if anybody had a automatic use for the rgd cards that they do each and everytime. I can see the use for telegraph card. But clearing and build roads not so much.

BattleVonWar
Major

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Developing a region allows for pushing the GS/Ammo. Those cards develop the land and allow for more free travel of GS/Ammo along the depot chain. The Depot chain bottlenecks and you do not get supply with attrition on and what not you will not just suffer you will starve. I've had it happen. An Entire Army of 2000 Combat Power on the move starve and lose 2 territories. I've nearly starved out double that as well... So if you do not have a nice pretty clear developed line of provinces and depots between you and your Supply Sources life is not pretty for you. War and Supply is very essential in CW2 but easy once you get the hang of it.

cmdrsam wrote:Thank you sir.

I remember a discussion on acw1 that some people built extra depots in spots. Couldnt find thought I would ask here.

2. Again just didn't know if anybody had a automatic use for the rgd cards that they do each and everytime. I can see the use for telegraph card. But clearing and build roads not so much.
For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863 ~~~

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 am

As the CSA I like to build a flatboat in Ozark to help get supplies up to Fayetteville.

In certain areas it can be a detriment to develop regions beyond 25. Regions like El Paso and Santa Fe for example. This is solely because in January of '62 each side receives RGDs to build depots, these cards can only be played on regions with 25 or less development points. If you develop them beyond 25 you lose the ability to get cheap depots.

cmdrsam
Corporal

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:08 am

Thank you. Thats what im looking for. Ive dallied with johnny reb b4 but more of a union man myself. So the In sight on the clearing is usefull. Even as union I dont play with these cards much.

Any other takers.

kc87
Corporal

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:06 am

Depots in Charlottsville and Lynchburg have helped me keep WV in check, they are both on a rail that goes all the way to TN which is nice. I haven't built any out west, too much of a liability for my strategy.

Return to “Civil War II”