Pocus

---> CW2 patch 1.05 available NOW! <---

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:02 pm

CW2 patch 1.05 available through auto-update

[INDENT] Dear players,

The new and long awaited patch 1.05 is now available through the game launcher. If you have any issue updating the game, you can post here.

Here is also the actual patch file, if you prefer this method:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CivilWarII/CivilWarII-UpdateComp-v105a.zip

Here is the changelog:

Civil War II Updates (1.05) - revised edition, April 16 th.

This patch also fixes the 'all generals get 1 seniority' issue. If you don't know what it means, then don't worry, it's fixed :)

Patch 1.05
This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.
This patch is save-compatible.

LIST OF CHANGES

[/INDENT]

Gameplay

Mescalero recruited by decision can only appear in New Mexico or Texas. (fixed from 1.04)
Improved ammos distribution in supply phase
Improved naval supply distribution
Fixed reversed battle plans
Revised and improved retreat logic for stacks
Stack in retreat or doing MTSG can't cross blockaded river or pass through 'front' because of ZOC.
Traffic rule (in work)
Leaders will only lose seniority on January 1st and July 1st, this should help for promotion potential.
Decisions and partisans can remove only one depot level per try.
Neutral Indians are now passive, should stop them from besieging or interfering with USA/CSA units.
There is a 25% chance that artillery manages to counter fire enemy artillery instead of firing on a frontline element.
Evasion value for stacks with leaders was erroneous in some cases
Impossible retreat because of too strong enemy in combat region fixed.
Besieged group can't escape besiegers with evade roll.
All Depots size can now be razed. Partisans’ decisions still raze only one depot level at a time. Level 1 cities can also be razed.
Leaders of different nations, for the same side, don't compete anymore in the same chain of command
Traffic rule improved

Interface

Faction history improvements
Can rename units with more characters than before
Improved battle report display
Added back random variation in display loss
Music sound volume can now be tweaked (inoMusicVolume in .opt file)
can't enter anymore (and erroneously) in structures not designed to handle sieges
when doing drag&drop, name of over region appears
can open saved game folder in Load Game Window, if doing a ctrl-click on the game icon
Fixed a display bug in region list leading to false infos
Innate supply production of a region is now shown in the first structure tooltip when checking structures by ctrl-click.
Also corrected supply and assets production not taking into account loyalty/alignment
better AB display in Forces & Units list, leaders sorted properly by name. Units ID sorted as expected (5th before 11st)
In Forces, Units, Regions listing, can scroll one page at a time with key up/down. Tooltip added to the scrollbar also.
Hitting Enter when renaming an unit closes the window
Attrition Loss stored for each stack and displayed as a single message at end of turn (includes weather and wear&tear)
Default music volume buffed up from 60 to 70% (can be changed with a text file edit).
Fixed several issues regarding battle report and reported hits.
Added missing mini buttons for the alternate ‘posture/ROE buttons’ display
Others stacks in a region are now listed with more details in the stack tooltip
losses of ships are now properly logged in the message panel
Forces listing: more orders for the 'order column'. Can now be sorted. Icons courtesy of player ‘John Sedgwick’

Engine

Various major optimizations, in average expect turns to be processed 50% faster than before!
Fix to the crash happening on new turn.
Fix to a silent bug where some data were not updated correctly because of faster turn reloading.

Historical setting and events

Database

Fix to Missouri brigade OOB.

AI

Several decisions are now using better AI (scorch earth, etc.)
AI: Improved Split Large Stacks
Ai fix on blockade run estimation

Modding / Script engine

Console can reliably be put back at the forefront
can use a cost of 0 in a given element subtype for depots and forts, means needing the presence without consumption
fix in script command: EvalBesieged

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

BattleVonWar
Major

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Merci beaucoup Pocus :)
For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863 ~~~

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:29 am

Thanks to you and the team. :hat:

SAS
Corporal

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:36 am

man the game is fast now! Great work indeed!
I'm "SAS" from the Paradox Interactive Forum. :)

DrPostman

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:31 pm

No more 5 minute turns! Seems like it takes less than 2 minutes to process a turn. Awesome!
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Captain_Orso

Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 pm

My beer consumption is going to suffer terribly for not having time to get to the kitchen anymore Image

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:09 am

Processing a PBEM turn without the focus on move or pause for battle options on takes like 3 seconds now. That is pretty slick. The sounds for battle blur together into a cacophony of cannon fire.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:17 am

Thanks for the update guys. Trying to update through the launcher gives me a "runtime error. Abnormal program termination." Manual install worked fine.

Pocus

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:08 am

Please contact the Slitherine helpdesk for this problem: support@slitherine.co.uk

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jim-NC

Fri May 01, 2015 2:40 am

Question about units with 0 for names. I am hosting the CW 2 tournament, and 1 player's troops now show 0 for names. I think this may be due to the player having an updated version to plot orders (vs. my version), and I think this has happened before. Do you know if this would happen due to this? I think it just affects the names, but causes no other problem/issue.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Fri May 01, 2015 9:16 am

I have seen that, but I can't say for sure the origin of it. It might be linked to combining/decombining units.

Jim-NC

Sat May 02, 2015 2:10 am

The question is "is it dangerous?". I am hosting the tournament, and am concerned about 1 player's game. If it is only a display problem, then we can continue. If this does something to the game, then that is a problem indeed.

Pocus,
Do you know if it will be a problem or not? I can send you the save games and the orders and everything if needed.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon May 04, 2015 8:53 am

This is only altering the name of the unit, not its stats, I'm almost 100% sure about that.

Return to “Civil War II”