I became determine to figure out what the actual benefit was and started to move around Burnside, McClernand and Banks to different cities. Here is what I observed:
- The only way to see the *true* number conscript production is to hover over the Conscripts Companies icon at the top of the screen and look at "Changes from City Income". This is always updated based on the position of your recuriting generals.
- While the region list shows the conscript production per city, if you move a recruiter into a city, these numbers WILL NOT change unless you quit the game and restart.
- It is not a +5 increase as previously mentioned in the thread. I am not sure of the calculations, but it does have something to do with loyalty (I think). With Banks in Baltimore(43% loyalty), you get a +4. Banks in Boston(87% loyalty), you get a +7. McClernand in Chicago (92%) +7, in St.Louis (65%), +6. I guess it could be % based and would vary over time....
- The highest benefit that I could find was +7 (Detroit with 100% loyalty)
- Each general with the trait seems to have the exact same effect.
The thing that really struck me was the % benefit these generals can provide. In December of 1861, My cities were producing a total of 90 conscripts. With 3 generals working high loyalty cities, you get an additional 21, which roughtly works out to a 20% increase.