Wonko
Private

Why can't I build a depot?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:48 am

The requirements for building supply depots seem rather hazy, and aren't really laid out in the manual. At the moment, in Louisville, KY, I've got 100% loyalty, 100% military control, an active infantry unit (no leader), but I'm unable to build a depot. As the nearest depots are Vincennes and Cincinati, I'm having a bit of trouble moving on Bowling Green in force. I've got 400 money, 1,452 manpower, and 457 war supplies, so that's not the problem.

What controls when a depot can/cannot be built?

Le Ricain

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:12 am

Do you have a supply unit or transport unit in Bowling Green?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Wonko
Private

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:15 am

Le Ricain wrote:Do you have a supply unit or transport unit in Bowling Green?

I currently have nothing in Bowling Green, as the CSA controls it. I don't have any of the above in Louisville, are they required for a depot?

charlesonmission

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes, 4 supply wagons or 4 transport units.

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Just to clarify, that is one supply unit that has four elements, or two units with two elements, etc. Same with transports, total of four elements. You don't need to buy four wagons, just one; the more expensive wagon comes with four elements.

Captain_Orso

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:16 pm

4 Supply elements of any type in 1 stack are necessary. Select the stack and then select the build depot special orders button.

Most land Supply Units (aka Supply Trains) contain 4 supply elements, but not all. The same goes for riverine transports. Oceanic transports squadrons are purchased with 2 transport ships each, but two of them may be combined together to contain 4 transport elements (put both in one stack, select only those two units and press <Cntl><c>). BFH 1

If the region has and in-region location (town/fort/settlement/etc.) you must control the location to build a depot.

If the region is devoid of an in-region location I'm not sure what the exact requirements are. If you are unopposed in a region, I suppose you must simply 'control' the region. To control a region you must have been the the last player to have a friendly non-artillery combat unit in the region. You may also need a minimum of 25% MC.

BFH 1[SUP]*)[/SUP] If the region has an harbor, one of the quickest and certainly the cheapest way to build a depot is to build a flatboat unit in the harbor once you have captured the location (flatboats contain 4 supply elements) and use that to build a depot. The only thing quicker is if you build your supply elements in advance and move them in on the turn you capture the region.

BFH[SUP]*)[/SUP] BFH means Big Fu.... er.. Fat--yeah, that's what I meant, Fat--Big Fat Hint ;)

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Wonko, a region decision card also allows you to build a depot if you have the right card available. I believe that you get two per year starting in '62. It just requires some of the money and WS that you posted you have.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Wonko
Private

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Excellent, thanks for the answers everyone!

Return to “Civil War II”