Moriety
Major

Can you raise troops?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 am

Hi all,

I have the original ACW and was able to RAISE and CHOOSE your troops.

Since then I've brought about 6 AGEOD games, none of which, other than PON allow you to do this.

Does ACWII allow you to do this?

Spending time over a two-four year scenario that doesn't even allow the customer to build a single unit is a commercially stupid decision as your forces get ever stretched further over time and is wholly unrealistic, but then they knew that already.

It's not fun or interesting. This market is for older serious gamers, not young lads, but then AGEOD also knew that, but chose to ignore it.

Choice within a game aged 30+ is important. The more choices the better. In games involving a 2 month campaign that may take 2 real months, but not allow your customer to decide what replacement they want, nether mind IF replacements are allowed.

AGEOD shouldn't get into "challenging the customer", stick to us having a challenge, with freedom of choice within a game, within which we have free choice.
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

Moriety
Major

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:15 am

Apologies to all, I got a 404 message and assumed the original hadn't been posted.
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

Captain_Orso

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:13 am

Moriety ... is this a poor attempt at a disguise, Moriarty? :sherlock: JK

No need to get upset about something simply because you have not yet found out.

Yes, CW2 is to a great part AACW with lots of tweaks and the new AGEod game engine. To be more specific, you still order replacements and reinforcements, the main difference being that you can now choose where your reinforcements are built.

The greatest visual difference--I mean aside from everything :blink: --is that the main map now extends to nearly all of New Mexico and Colorado in the West, to above the Saint Lawrence and the Great Lakes in the North and half way through the Caribbean in the South.

Have a look at CharlesOnMission's video tutorial Video Tutorials and Let's Play! too get a good impression of the state of the game :thumbsup:

Jim-NC

Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:20 am

Moriety wrote:Hi all,

I have the original ACW and was able to RAISE and CHOOSE your troops.

Since then I've brought about 6 AGEOD games, none of which, other than PON allow you to do this.

Does ACWII allow you to do this?

Spending time over a two-four year scenario that doesn't even allow the customer to build a single unit is a commercially stupid decision as your forces get ever stretched further over time and is wholly unrealistic, but then they knew that already.

It's not fun or interesting. This market is for older serious gamers, not young lads, but then AGEOD also knew that, but chose to ignore it.

Choice within a game aged 30+ is important. The more choices the better. In games involving a 2 month campaign that may take 2 real months, but not allow your customer to decide what replacement they want, nether mind IF replacements are allowed.

AGEOD shouldn't get into "challenging the customer", stick to us having a challenge, with freedom of choice within a game, within which we have free choice.

In CWII, you can build troops, I want to say the same as you could in ACW, but haven't played that in years. For example, you can choose to build 2 different majority infantry brigades in North Carolina alone (a 4 inf/1 art or 2 inf/1 cav) for example. There are 3 different infantry majority units you can purchase in Virginia as well (the big brigade, 2 inf/1 sharp, and 2 inf/1 cav). The biggest difference is you get to chose where to place your troops in CWII. In ACW, the computer picked the placement for you. Here you get to choose (there is a limit on what can be built where). Does this answer your question?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:05 am

Aside from the April scenario where your buildable troops get added a few turns after war entry, you can indeed build a lot of troops in the game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Civil War II”