I don't know if it will help any, but having bought CW II BRS, I managed to find the 1.03 patch notes squirreled away in an RTF file in the game directory. Here are the notes about what was changed:
Release Date: February 2014
How to update your game:
This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.
This patch is save-compatible.
[h=1]LIST OF CHANGES[/h]
[h=2]Gameplay / Game Logic (improvements & fixes)[/h]Development level reduction done by regional decisions was not working.
Land mine decision can now affect cities, not only forts.
Messages on decisions with tests and conditions reworked so they are easier to understand when not successful.
Ability sending command points modifier to subordinate stacks had a bug resulting in double modifiers sometime.
New option added in Menu\Options to play with ‘hidden activation’.
Improved ammo distribution algorithm significantly.
When a leader is forcefully removed from a division (wounded or KIA), then the division remains in place (work as designed) but the interface could crash. Fixed.
Some units had their construction aborted automatically (Timberclads, flatboats). Fixed.
[h=2]Database[/h]Some abilities icons fixed.
* Added models and units for new flavor unit (USA Flotilla Bde.)
* Changed Mussel Shoals to forbid navigation up the Tennessee past the river region
[h=2]Interface[/h]Combat Power indicated on each map counter will be the sum of all combat powers of all stacks of the region.
Combat Power and the 3 gauges (hits, cohesion, Supply) only appear on enemy counters if there is at least 2 extra detection points toward the enemy stack.
Console-based Replay feature makes a comeback (experimental support!). If your current turn has a replay (bring it from the Options menu, but Replay slow down turn processing and needs a lot of memory), then invoke the console and type loadreplay. Once the console has finished loading, you can hit space to start/pause/resume replay or hit escape to abort it.
[h=2]Historical setting and events[/h]Additional flavor units added at historical time: Cable Brigade, Texas Greyhounds, Waul Legion, Iron Cavalry Bde, Thomas’ Legion.
Sioux uprising event improved.
Fixed missing images (Kentucky)
Fixed texts (e.g. Virginia commissioned)
Added events for new Flavor Bde.
Army number is now limited: in 1861, max 3 armies per side. In March 1862, six per side. In March 1863 and onward, 9 per side.
Corrected a cost issue in CSA rail pool option.
[h=2]AI[/h]AI has been improved on sending supply wagons and artilleries.
AI has been improved on resupplying algorithm.
AI less prone to stay within a structure, if in (at least) partial superiority.
AI will be more vigilant in defending its capital.
[h=2]Game Balance[/h]Several tweaks for CSA and USA.
Things that would benefit CSA:
1) Add one more CSA draft card each year. They would receive 4 to current Union 8 cards (1:2 ratios).
2) Add 2 more cotton warehouses to the CSA, for a total of 5 (New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, Mobile, Wilmington).
3) Add 4 barracks (New Orleans San Antonio, Macon, and Raleigh).
4) Add 6 VP to CSA production by increasing Objective value of New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah and Mobile.
5) Double troops from mobilization options
6) Increase money options yield from 400 to 600$
Things that would benefit US:
1) Raise the tax and bonds yield from 400 to 800$.
2) Add additional +15 FI bonuses for Emancipation proclamation.
3) Add Event creating 10 vol. brigades to Washington, and 5 vol. brigades to Alexandria in Nov, 61. Have them unlocked after 60 turns (2.5 years).
4) Add 6 barracks (Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburg, and Philadelphia).
5) Double troops from mobilization options.