pablius
Sergeant

Foreign troops control

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:47 pm

By modifying the cotton blockade event I triggered foreign intervention at the start of 1862, if I remember correctly in ACW 1 you did get to control the foreign stacks, but a few months into 1862 the GB stacks coming from the north are all controlled by the AI and France is not even involved by land, don´t know by sea, in any case I don´t get to control anything other than Confederate troops

Is this WAD or something is broken?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:09 pm

I believe its WAD, the idea was that those forces have their own agendas and have a common foe but no common command structure with the Confederates so they remain under AI control.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

pablius
Sergeant

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:03 am

Ok, thanks for the answer

It would be much more fun to be able to play with them somehow, even if it is just an expeditionary force arriving at some major port

I´m sure the engine can handle it, since in Napoleon´s Campaigns you got to play with armies from different countries at once

Art99
Private

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:32 am

In ACW I - I modded the CSA events file to trigger FI toward the end of 1864 and it was great fun as the Confederate player to 'rescue' the Army of Canada with my navy deep into union territorry before the Union could build up troops to crush them. When I played the Union side I knew they'd want to attack my northernmost ports so I fortified my northern ports (Boston , NYC etc) attempting to get the AI to bring the powerful BEF army to a more southernly location. Well under AI control the BEF never landed anywhere on the north American contiinent and the British and French fleets did nothing to hamper my shipping which was rather disappointing. It was also fun to have control of the armies in Mexico. The whole point of FI, in my mind, is to help the confederacy - not for Britain and France to pursue their 'own' interest whatever that might be. I hope they'll reconsider allowing the Confederate player to control them . It adds greatly to replay value.

grimjaw
General

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:12 am

Totally agree with the previous post: having access to British/French/Mexican forces adds a ton of fun to the game, and I loved that from AACW1. Hope they can add it in as a feature. Maybe having it as a system setting (AI control foreign armies (yes/no)).

jm

Return to “Civil War II”