marquo
Lieutenant

Cluttered Event Log

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:18 pm

I try to read the events logs every turn, yet I do not understand what to do with some of the information. For example, in a 70 line report I read about 40 units which are almost done with training....how do I use that information? I can't move theses units, and I can scan the units production screen to note how many units will be active on future turns.

Thanks

The Red Baron

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:55 pm

In the case of units which have almost finished with training, I think the devs we're just providing the info in more than one place to be sure you didn't miss it. You should definitely continue to read through the event log in its entirety each turn, line by line. It serves as a good memory jog for me. It's easy for me to forget what I was doing with some obscure stack of units in a distant corner of the map, especially if I have a fresh set of problems at the beginning of the next turn; so, I find the movement logs, for instance, very useful.

For some information, like the arrival of new generals or the promo ability of other generals, there is no other in-game notification of which I am aware. You might miss something important, which can affect your strategy, unless you happen to discover it later by chance.

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah, I think it depends a lot on your style of play. I react to these messages by clicking on it to go to the new unit(s), and at least make the move visible by moving them out of the city and also frequently moving them immediately to a destination to get that part of movement done first before the main chores.

Ace

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 am

Messages about movement are not that important. You could skip those.
Units almost done with training are recently built units which can move now. You can cycle to them as to any other units without orders.

Return to “Civil War II”