marquo
Lieutenant

Combining Units in Cities

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:04 pm

I am having difficulty targeting specific stacks in cities. If there are 4 stacks, and I want to merge a stack moving into the city with one of them, it seems quite difficult to freeze or isolate the specific stack I want to merge into; any tips?

This is especially true for ships moving into a harbor where I want them to merge into a fleet.

Thanks

melvi
Corporal

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Umh dunno if i undertand correctly whats your question... lets see if this solve it. Move out the city the destination stack, but keep it in the region ( you just need to "see" the destination unit icon in the region), drop your moving stack on the destination stack icon, move back again the destination stack inside the city....I think the destination stack retain the entrenchment lvl they had inside the city in the procces.

Regards:

Melvi

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:12 pm

marquo wrote:I am having difficulty targeting specific stacks in cities. If there are 4 stacks, and I want to merge a stack moving into the city with one of them, it seems quite difficult to freeze or isolate the specific stack I want to merge into; any tips?

This is especially true for ships moving into a harbor where I want them to merge into a fleet.

Thanks

Here's another way: right click the tab of the group you want to move (thus locking it from merging);

now drop the group into the region, where it still be just itself;

now use the tabs to merge however you like with all groups now in the same region (don't forget to right click the tab again to unlock)

HTH! :gardavou:

Ace

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 am

If you want to merge fleet outside harbor with the fleet in harbor, you can only do it on the following turn.

Turn 1 : Go to harbor

Turn 2: Merge fleets as any other units

Return to “Civil War II”