marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Need help for a battle in the west

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 am

Hey guys. I'm trying to get the hang of the game and I need your help.

As you can see, I completly cutted Hardee's Corps from the rest of the confederate force, without even a battle, napoleon would be proud. But since I have him cornered and surrounded, I want to finish him in a massive battle. But I can't coordinate my assault? even with the coordinate movement, I got 2 armies involved. One would need 25 days to arrive, the other 20.

Any advice?

RebelYell
General of the Army

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:21 am

marechalCAMBRONNE wrote:Image

Hey guys. I'm trying to get the hang of the game and I need your help.

As you can see, I completly cutted Hardee's Corps from the rest of the confederate force, without even a battle, napoleon would be proud. But since I have him cornered and surrounded, I want to finish him in a massive battle. But I can't coordinate my assault? even with the coordinate movement, I got 2 armies involved. One would need 25 days to arrive, the other 20.

Any advice?

That only works for the Corps moving from the same region and they have to be part of the same Army.

Hardee can escape with river movement, one reason im against that feature.

He will also beat both those forces moving there if he is still there, they will be fatigued by the mud even more than they are now.

Buell is also passive and it is the Army stack, not a good idea.

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 am

What should I do? And I have boats coming to block the river?

RebelYell
General of the Army

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 am

marechalCAMBRONNE wrote:What should I do? And I have boats coming to block the river?

Do nothing, wait. :)

RebelYell
General of the Army

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:32 am

And you need only one army in that small area, Grant is all you need.

The Corps attached to him will support each other if situated in adjacent regions and with his stats you could make the attack work.

But usually if you can make the enemy attack you or starve him, you should always do that.

Jim-NC

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Pick one army and corps to attack. Currently, you have both Buell and Grant attacking, and they are from different armies.

20 days is a very long time. I would wait 1 turn to see if the weather gets better, then attack with Grant and any attached corps (I believe you have McClernand's corps to Grant's SE that's attached to Grant's army). You want at least 2 to 1 odds to successfully attack the enemy, which you don't have. If you can blockade the river, you can prevent the enemy from getting supply. After a few turns without supply, his corps will start taking damage, and you can attack with better odds.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:35 pm

So I should disband the other army and give the corps to Grant?

RebelYell
General of the Army

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Yuo dont have to dispand it, that might cost you NM even, you can move it to somewhere where you might need it.

You might need two armies in the Tennessee but Grant has the best stats, he passes them to his Corp commanders.
Use his Army for the important campaigns, he is very good.

Return to “Civil War II”