KillCalvalry
Lieutenant

US Regular Army

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Since I received excellent replies on my last question, here is another.

What do Union players do with all the regular units that begin the war out west?

Do any really need to be retained out in California? Seems like the California Column is plenty to secure the Southwest

Does it make sense to walk back East? Or wait until the Pacific Fleet activates?

What do you guys do with them?

RebelYell
General of the Army

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:49 pm

KillCalvalry wrote:Since I received excellent replies on my last question, here is another.

What do Union players do with all the regular units that begin the war out west?

Do any really need to be retained out in California? Seems like the California Column is plenty to secure the Southwest

Does it make sense to walk back East? Or wait until the Pacific Fleet activates?

Never played the Union. :D

Are they any good? If they are experienced i would move some to build divisions around them.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:58 pm

KillCalvalry wrote:Since I received excellent replies on my last question, here is another.

I've not got far enough in a campaign game to say for sure (playing around with opening gambits), but having played the Sibley scenario a few times, I'd say keep them out there. There are VP/NM cities in the region and if you pull the garrison it could cost you.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

James D Burns

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:11 am

I agree leave em out there. Texas has some very powerful brigades it can build and if you strip CA of units you may find yourself losing the west coast pretty quickly to a Texas led invasion coming through Arizona.

Jim

Frosty_MooseHead
Private

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:45 am

Don't make mistake 'numero uno..' (from SNL, G. Bush skit)

'Don't mess with TEXAS.'

Return to “Civil War II”