Cheesehead
Conscript

Coming Fury - tips on what to do first few turns?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:35 am

Got my feet wet playing multiple games of Shiloh and Sibley. Feeling better about taking the plunge.

I want to try Coming Fury as the Union.

Tips on starting out? Doesn't seem any good generals are available. Do you basically want to build forces the first few turns? Are you limited in how much you can build? Is it better to build some places rather than others? Good places to defend or attack?

So many questions... :wacko:

Ace

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:27 am

Basically, beef up AotP stack as much as you can (if the cp penalty comes up - ignore it that is expected especially if you cannot build divisions from the start until October 61), protect Washington, Alexandria, St Louis, Cairo. If you can snatch Manassas, do it, but do not go for it if CSA main army is sitting there. They are stronger in initial turns, so going strait to the battle will bring defeat as it was the case in history. Build merchant ships and put them to shipping lanes. Build blockade ships and put them to blockade boxes. Use Atlantic fleet (available after few turns) to blockade Richmond. If the CSA marches its weaker army North of Potomac, use your AotP to defeat it, and use the rail to bring AotP back to Alexandria or Washington to defend it from main CSA stack after it.

Difficult to tell it all, there are so many options.

EDIT:

Do not forget to use your financial options:
Raise taxes
Raise bonds
Print money
Use them every chance you get. It will bring you much needed cash.

Cheesehead
Conscript

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks much!

Mickey3D

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:30 pm

I would add : prepare yourself for the time Kentucky will choose its side or CSA invade it. You should try to keep control of Louisville and Lexington and then drive down toward Bowling Green.

Cheesehead
Conscript

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:11 pm

What states should I build units in initially? What type of units?

Ace

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Maryland, Virginia and Missouri are obvious choices.

Return to “Civil War II”