michaelincol
Corporal

How to view unit and element info within division? Or don't you?

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:20 am

Playing with Sibley's NM campaign, I set up Baylor and units with him as division to address CP penalty. Once I start moving and fighting I want to view cohesion and etc. of my division and seems like I only get bland no detail view of units when I position cursor over Baylor but no where else can I see how the units or elements within division are doing like I can for units within a stack. Only thing I get clicking on Baylor is his stats? Or is this the division as a whole stats? I am sure it is working as designed and I am missing something. Any help is appreciated.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 am

When you look over to the far right, does it list out the elements? That's where you're supposed to be able to click on elements.

When you click on his portrait and that division is selected, the far right screen should be showing you a list of elements.

michaelincol
Corporal

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 am

Thank you for taking time on reply. When the cursor is on the nato symbol for Baylor (division commander) I get a box to the left with all the units in it but they show no bars or numbers and you can't click on them. This is just as manual describes. And no, clicking on Baylor only gives Baylor's box.

I just thought I'd need to see the units within a division the way I see units within a stack - if not down to element level at least unit manpower numbers, cohesion, hits, supply? Or I am thinking once units combine into a division there is just maybe a total of all the units given for those measures?

I realize making Baylor a divisional commander and turning this particular stack into a division doesn't help the command. I was just trying to get some understanding of using divisions and it was handy.

I will re-read manual and look thru tutorials again.

Canon
Lieutenant

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:29 am

michaelincol wrote:Thank you for taking time on reply. When the cursor is on the nato symbol for Baylor (division commander) I get a box to the left with all the units in it but they show no bars or numbers and you can't click on them. This is just as manual describes. And no, clicking on Baylor only gives Baylor's box.

I just thought I'd need to see the units within a division the way I see units within a stack - if not down to element level at least unit manpower numbers, cohesion, hits, supply? Or I am thinking once units combine into a division there is just maybe a total of all the units given for those measures?

I realize making Baylor a divisional commander and turning this particular stack into a division doesn't help the command. I was just trying to get some understanding of using divisions and it was handy.

I will re-read manual and look thru tutorials again.

All you have to do is click on the division, and that will bring up the division elements on the right, which can all be individually opened and viewed. If you merely hover, it will only show you the various brigades the division is made up of above the Baylor Division portrait.

Rafiki

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:23 am

To clarify: click on the division, anywhere but on the NATO symbol; clicking that will bring up the division commander's element, i.e. the general himself.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:37 pm

These pictures should help illustrate it a little better. In the first one I have clicked/selected the William Sherman division. In the 2nd screenshot, I have clicked on the NATO symbol of the 73rd Ohio. When you do that, a window comes up showing relevant details about that element. There are 4 tabs of information to choose. I hope this helps!!

aaa-WS.jpg
[ATTACH]24773[/ATTACH]
Attachments
aaa-WSa.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Never mind. Fixed.

michaelincol
Corporal

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Hey, tH Gilmer3, thank you very much for taking all the time to show that clearly.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 am

I was happy to do it. It's about the only question I could answer. Haha.

Return to “Civil War II”