User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:40 pm

@AACW3Plz has done a nice new mod here. Check it out! :)

viewtopic.php?f=340&t=54084

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:05 pm

How's everyone doing out there? Still kickin'? :)

clandini5
Corporal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:02 am

Perhaps more in line with still twitching, but still here.

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:48 pm

clandini5 wrote:Perhaps more in line with still twitching, but still here.


Twitching counts, mate. Only just perhaps, but it still counts ;)

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:46 pm

Has anyone seen that Matrix Games' "Strategic Command: American Civil War" is in the making, and if so what are your thoughts?

User avatar
Stratman
Captain
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:55 pm
Location: S-Petersburg, Russia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:08 pm

Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote:Has anyone seen that Matrix Games' "Strategic Command: American Civil War" is in the making, and if so what are your thoughts?


This is a real-time strategy and а real-time battles at the tactical level as well. Both of these factors are unacceptable to me.
EDIT oops, I got confused with some other game. :bonk:
This one is a hex-based TBS.
Sorry about that.

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:53 am

Stratman wrote:
Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote:Has anyone seen that Matrix Games' "Strategic Command: American Civil War" is in the making, and if so what are your thoughts?


This is a real-time strategy and а real-time battles at the tactical level as well. Both of these factors are unacceptable to me.
EDIT oops, I got confused with some other game. :bonk:
This one is a hex-based TBS.
Sorry about that.


Do you think it'll match up?

User avatar
Stratman
Captain
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:55 pm
Location: S-Petersburg, Russia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:02 pm

Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote:Do you think it'll match up?

In a nutshell - it`s not for me.
OK, I like this huge map, I hope that diplomacy, production, research mechanics will be working well.
However, the battle mechanics are very simple for me. Also it disappoints that there is no possibility of stacking or the combining of similar unit types. And how I really love these features in old AGEod games under Athena engine!

However for players who focus on American Civil War this game may be interesting (IMO)

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:00 pm

Stratman wrote:
Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote:Do you think it'll match up?

In a nutshell - it`s not for me.
OK, I like this huge map, I hope that diplomacy, production, research mechanics will be working well.
However, the battle mechanics are very simple for me. Also it disappoints that there is no possibility of stacking or the combining of similar unit types. And how I really love these features in old AGEod games under Athena engine!

However for players who focus on American Civil War this game may be interesting (IMO)


Ageod set the bar pretty high as far I'm concerned. I still get immense enjoyment out of CWII, which is, what, nearly 10 years old now? I earnestly believe that unless Ageod releases a 3rd version, which sadly appears very unlikely, then all we'll see are pale imitations.

User avatar
Stratman
Captain
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:55 pm
Location: S-Petersburg, Russia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:57 pm

Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote:Ageod set the bar pretty high as far I'm concerned. I still get immense enjoyment out of CWII, which is, what, nearly 10 years old now? I earnestly believe that unless Ageod releases a 3rd version, which sadly appears very unlikely, then all we'll see are pale imitations.

Absolutely agree.
CW2 was released at the end of 2013 . This is one of my favorite game either

User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:37 am
Location: Lyon (France)

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:14 pm

I'll probably play this new Strategic Command opus. Oh but make no mistake, I'll dearly regret there is no stacking, but as a beer and pretzel game on the ACW, I believe I'll enjoy my time with it! And the little sprites are cute :D

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:37 pm

Pocus wrote:I'll probably play this new Strategic Command opus. Oh but make no mistake, I'll dearly regret there is no stacking, but as a beer and pretzel game on the ACW, I believe I'll enjoy my time with it! And the little sprites are cute :D


I feel compelled to be brutally honest here and say that the game just doesn't look or sound appealing at all, and I'm not sure who it's really going to appeal to. I think the old guard players who've been thoroughly spoiled by the majestic work that is Ageod's Civil War II will avoid the Strategic Command game as they will inevitably make the comparison and dismiss it, and I don't see it drawing in new players because as I said it just doesn't look very appealing. I think that such a failure will be disastrous for the future of games centred around the American Civil War as other companies may very well decide it just isn't worth the risk.

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:27 am

Having said all that I do hope the game is a success as it might just make other gaming companies sit up and take notice ;)

User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:37 am
Location: Lyon (France)

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:45 pm

You have to take it as it is. This is not the Civil War game that will end up all Civil War games, but if you want a high-level, relatively quickly played game ... Not everyone can invest 200 hours in a game. I see it as a nice recreation during vacation for example, while being away from home.
I understand it is not what a grognard would need.
It's not all done for CW3, actually, I don't know what will be the game after Kingdoms. Who knows...

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:05 pm

Pocus wrote:It's not all done for CW3, actually, I don't know what will be the game after Kingdoms. Who knows...


Are you giving us hope here? ;)

User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:37 am
Location: Lyon (France)

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Sorry, it is better I don't, probably!

But you can watch this loooong video from XTRG, a new campaign of CW2 unfolding before your eyes ;)
https://youtu.be/1XU6-8i7reE

User avatar
Blood and Thunder Brigade
Colonel
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Civil War III - To be or not to be?

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:28 am

Pocus wrote:Sorry, it is better I don't, probably!

But you can watch this loooong video from XTRG, a new campaign of CW2 unfolding before your eyes ;)
https://youtu.be/1XU6-8i7reE


Even just a little hope is better than none at all ;)

Return to “Civil War II”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests