Pocus

---> Civil War 2 New Beta registration READ THIS <---

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Hello all,

This post is about joining the Civil War 2 beta test and then being added effectively to the beta private forum.

Part 1: If you want to beta test, you need to go to the Slitherine forum and apply there
http://www.slitherine.com/beta_test/cw2_pc

Up to 100 people will be validated every 2 weeks. You don't have to know any AGE engine game to apply. Accepted people will get a mail from Slitherine, see Part 2.

---------------------------------------

Part 2: you got a mail from Slitherine / going to the beta forum at Ageod.

If you got a mail from Slitherine telling you are picked to be a beta, then you can either PM me, if you have enough forum privileges (10 posts and 3 days registered) or send me a mail to

[email="Pocus@ageod.net"]Pocus@ageod.net[/email]

People will be added regularly, but don't shout on me if you wait, as we have a lot of things on the backburner these weeks. If you are accepted, you'll get access to a unique forum if you never played an AGE engine game, so that you can give use your first impressions of the game and interface.

If you ever played significantly an AGE game, not only AACW1, then please say so when you reach me, so you can be added to another forum.

Then every two weeks, each group will be pitted against the other with the weapons of their choices. Only one group will survive the bloodbath.
Obviously the last sentence is not true (poor humour) :blink:

---------------------------------------

Former Ageod Betas, Librarians, Modders and any people who got a title from us:

Please contact me if you are interested in the beta, it might be possible to add you in addition to the fortnight penta-score batch.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

MonsterPapa
Civilian

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Thank you! Sending mail now. :D

Pocus

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 pm

I'll start adding people in around 3 hours, as I need to upload a new version before. Stay tuned.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

chainsaw
Sergeant

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Pocus wrote:Then every two weeks, each group will be pitted against the other with the weapons of their choices. Only one group will survive the bloodbath.

I choose chainsaws at 5 paces. No fuel for the engine...somebody could get hurt!

"Chainsaw"
=========
[SIZE="4"][color="Orange"] Go Hokies![/color][/size]
=========

Caradoc
Corporal

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Chainsaws? Too dangerous lol

Cream buns at 4 paces.
You do not stop playing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop playing.

Patokai
Conscript

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Pocus wrote:I'll start adding people in around 3 hours, as I need to upload a new version before. Stay tuned.

me first *wackawacka* me first :wacko:

planefinder
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Can you clarify what the text is supposed to say specifically?

I have an e-mail from Slitherine thanking me for registering and telling me that I would be contacted when the game was ready to be tested.

I am assuming this is NOT the beta selection e-mail, right? I think that's a safe assumption but it's worth noting to avoid confusion for others.

Pocus

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:02 pm

If there is no serial key, then this is just the general message saying your candidacy has been noted.

Phodder
Civilian

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Email will be sent shortly!!! I am a little disappointed that you rescinded on that last sentence though, I was already pouring through my cache of weapons trying to decide.

planefinder
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:32 am

Pocus wrote:If there is no serial key, then this is just the general message saying your candidacy has been noted.

Thanks for clarifying! I kind of figured, but I'm excited enough about it that I couldn't resist asking.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:07 am

Pocus,

Good to hear about Civil War 2! Any way to join up with the beta team without registering on another forum? Otherwise I'd be happy to consult on historical accuracy etc.

WB
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

charlesonmission

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Is this the same sign up from last week?

Charles

Pocus

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:32 am

yes :)

planefinder
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Any more beta invites today?

Return to “Civil War II”