Japan - Phaelot
Spain - Trueknight
Ottoman Empire - open
China - lynxyonok
Belgium - RabidToucan
The Netherlands - open
Mexico - open
Sweden - open
Last edited by lukasberger on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:46 am

Just to update, Belgium and (apparently) Spain are open at this point in time.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:36 am

They dropped out?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:42 am

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:They dropped out?

Belgium's player did for sure, he had some stuff come up that limited his time for the game.

Spain hasn't submitted a turn in over a year and I asked whether Spain was being played in a email and never heard back...

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:39 am

To update, Spain, Sweden and Mexico are open at this point. If you'd like to join, let us know, we'd love to have you! We're currently in mid 1851.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Re: *List of Current Players and Open Nations

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:15 am

The list has been updated. We're looking for more players as things are (finally) hotting up a bit in 1860! :dada:

RabidToucan
Conscript

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:17 pm

Hey everybody, I've been enjoying this game as a single player experience but want to jump into multiplayer. I'm relatively new to AGEOD games but am eager to learn more. I'm just wondering how quickly turns are expected to get back to the organizer? If the option is still there, and you'll have me, could I take over one of the smaller states? Maybe Belgium?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:30 pm

RabidToucan wrote:Hey everybody, I've been enjoying this game as a single player experience but want to jump into multiplayer. I'm relatively new to AGEOD games but am eager to learn more. I'm just wondering how quickly turns are expected to get back to the organizer? If the option is still there, and you'll have me, could I take over one of the smaller states? Maybe Belgium?

Hey, we'd love to have you. Belgium would be perfectly fine if that's who you want. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an invite to our dropbox.

RabidToucan
Conscript

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Wonderful! Though it seems I am not yet able to send private messages. Would I be able to respond to one should you message me?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:05 pm

FYI, for some unexplained reason the AI running Belgium declared war on Austria and then Russia declared war on Belgium in return. So you will be at war with two countries. However, they will probably be willing to forgive and grant a white peace.

RabidToucan
Conscript

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:09 pm

As long as the entire country isn't in ruins I'll still jump in. Unless there is a state that everyone feels should be filled first?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:36 pm

RabidToucan wrote:As long as the entire country isn't in ruins I'll still jump in. Unless there is a state that everyone feels should be filled first?

Belgium is fine. I don't believe any shots have been exchanged yet. Luckily none of the combatants border each other. Not sure what is going on colonially though.

Matt68046
Corporal

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:28 am

I would like to join.

rochesta
Conscript

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Silly question but how are you able to play some of these nations? New to PoN, forgive my ignorance.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:45 am

Matt68046 wrote:I would like to join.

Please send a PM to myself or bjfagan with your email address and the nation you'd like to play and we'll send you a dropbox invitation.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:47 am

rochesta wrote:Silly question but how are you able to play some of these nations? New to PoN, forgive my ignorance.

You can make any nation playable through the console. Just type switchto ___ (Where ___ is the game's three letter abbreviation for a given nation) and the game will generate turns for that nation.

For most nations you also then have to script in new laws, colonial actions etc. to make them truly playable.

RabidToucan
Conscript

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:59 am

Hey again, I still can't send a PM nor respond to the ones I get. I guess this will change if I'm active on the forums for longer? To make things easier I just put my E-mail in my 'Interests' box in my profile. I'll remove it after things get sorted.

Generalisimo

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:25 pm

RabidToucan wrote:Hey again, I still can't send a PM nor respond to the ones I get. I guess this will change if I'm active on the forums for longer? To make things easier I just put my E-mail in my 'Interests' box in my profile. I'll remove it after things get sorted.

Yes, new users can't do that until they have more than 5 posts, this is to prevent spammers from sending PMs. :gardavou:

RabidToucan
Conscript

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:32 pm

In that case, here's message number five. I'm looking forward to jumping into the game!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:56 pm

RabidToucan wrote:Hey again, I still can't send a PM nor respond to the ones I get. I guess this will change if I'm active on the forums for longer? To make things easier I just put my E-mail in my 'Interests' box in my profile. I'll remove it after things get sorted.

I sent you a dropbox invite.

Let me know if you got it!

Matt68046
Corporal

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:09 pm

I got the dropbox invite. Im not sure what nations are open/playable at this point.
Would really like to utilize a teamspeak or steam to make file transfer and communication faster and simplier.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:15 pm

Matt68046 wrote:I got the dropbox invite. Im not sure what nations are open/playable at this point.
Would really like to utilize a teamspeak or steam to make file transfer and communication faster and simplier.

You can see what nations are open from the list up top. As far as teamspeak etc, I'm open to that, but one of the guys already in the game that has more time/knowledge of the process than I do will probably have to do whatever is needed to set it up.

Matt68046
Corporal

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:29 am

Then i would like USA. What days/times should i be here?

rochesta
Conscript

Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:19 am

lukasberger wrote:
rochesta wrote:Silly question but how are you able to play some of these nations? New to PoN, forgive my ignorance.

You can make any nation playable through the console. Just type switchto ___ (Where ___ is the game's three letter abbreviation for a given nation) and the game will generate turns for that nation.

For most nations you also then have to script in new laws, colonial actions etc. to make them truly playable.

That's pretty cool. Are there scripts on the forums I could hunt down to make some of these nations playable as you say, or do you guys script things in on the fly?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:40 am

rochesta wrote:
lukasberger wrote:

That's pretty cool. Are there scripts on the forums I could hunt down to make some of these nations playable as you say, or do you guys script things in on the fly?

There are quite a few scripts on the forums in old threads in the mod sections, but we've also done some scripting ourselves at times.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:42 am

Matt68046 wrote:Then i would like USA. What days/times should i be here?

We run a turn a day, the deadline is 10pm EST or so. I don't always run the turn 100% on the dot, just as close as I can get.

If you miss a turn or three, it's no big deal, we don't really care, but your nation will get turned over to ai control after a couple missed turns and you'll have to undo whatever the ai did next time you do submit a turn.

Matt68046
Corporal

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:58 am

Only 1 turn a day? Theres no way to get ahold of anyone on steam?
Could we all get together on TS?

Ojodeaguila
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Matt68046 wrote:Only 1 turn a day? Theres no way to get ahold of anyone on steam?
Could we all get together on TS?

We are players from many time zone, more than one turn per day is very difficult.

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”