lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:55 am

Ok, does anyone have any idea how I can revert back to the previous version on steam? I'm completely stumped.

For the meantime, I'd suggest that you all start up again and go on without me for a few days. This has come at a very bad time, as I'm currently simultaneously getting back from vacation and switching to a new job at the same time! So I just don;t have a lot of PON time and the patch screw-up makes that worse.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:49 am

lukasberger wrote:Ok, does anyone have any idea how I can revert back to the previous version on steam? I'm completely stumped.

For the meantime, I'd suggest that you all start up again and go on without me for a few days. This has come at a very bad time, as I'm currently simultaneously getting back from vacation and switching to a new job at the same time! So I just don;t have a lot of PON time and the patch screw-up makes that worse.

I am in no rush. I say we wait a couple days for you to get a new install up and running. Have you been in touch with Pocus or PhilT?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:39 pm

bjfagan wrote:I am in no rush. I say we wait a couple days for you to get a new install up and running. Have you been in touch with Pocus or PhilT?

I sent them a PM, will hopefully hear back soon.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't help btw, since Steam just installs 1.04 on the reinstall anyway.

PhilThib

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:56 am

Got it. Hope Pocus can find a fix for the issue. Are all people in the PBEM using the same version (Steam vs non-Steam)?

Pocus

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:01 am

Please send me a link to the saved game at pocus@ageod.net

The link can point to an archive posted on wetransfer.com or if the archive is not too big (up to 10 MB lets say) you can attach it direct.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Tamas

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:28 am

In the meantime, if you want to revert back to 1.03, we have created a beta branch for that on Steam. Right-click on the game in your Steam Library, select Properties. On the Beta tab, open the drop-down menu and you will se it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Pocus wrote:Please send me a link to the saved game at pocus@ageod.net

The link can point to an archive posted on wetransfer.com or if the archive is not too big (up to 10 MB lets say) you can attach it direct.

Thanks! Sending it now.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Tamas wrote:In the meantime, if you want to revert back to 1.03, we have created a beta branch for that on Steam. Right-click on the game in your Steam Library, select Properties. On the Beta tab, open the drop-down menu and you will se it.

Fantastic! Thanks so much.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:01 pm

PhilThib wrote:Got it. Hope Pocus can find a fix for the issue. Are all people in the PBEM using the same version (Steam vs non-Steam)?

I don't think so, but am not sure. I'm using steam, but I think most everyone else is using the regular version, though I could be wrong about that.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:07 am

PhilThib wrote:Got it. Hope Pocus can find a fix for the issue. Are all people in the PBEM using the same version (Steam vs non-Steam)?

I am using a non-Steam version. I think I downloaded it the day it came out from the Paradox site or Gamersgate.

Trueknight
Corporal

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Good to see the game resume! And now the American Civil War started!

Vezina
Lieutenant

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Agreed. I'm glad that the game did not die during that period. I would very much like to see this game hit the 1920's.

On another note, I would like to help with moving the Franco-Spanish Alliance forward. Lukas, can you tell me what I can add to the script to make it work? I can put in the effort to finish it, but scripting is like Greek to me.

Trueknight
Corporal

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:56 am

I've noticed many countries aren't playing lately..maybe we should consider looking for replacement players...

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Re:

Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:56 am

Trueknight wrote:I've noticed many countries aren't playing lately..maybe we should consider looking for replacement players...

Yes, I'd agree.

I have to apologize since I've been less than actively useful myself.

I've been preoccupied with starting a new job, so haven't done much other than run turns.

But we really do need to look for some new blood and up our excitement and involvement levels.

Trueknight
Corporal

Re: *General Player to Player Comments

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Well, then I believe we should first define how many countries are open and then advertise on the forum. This game is really too good to be played just by a few of us. So, who else is still in besides me, France and Germany?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Trueknight wrote:Well, then I believe we should first define how many countries are open and then advertise on the forum. This game is really too good to be played just by a few of us. So, who else is still in besides me, France and Germany?

I am still in as Great Britain!

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:09 am

bjfagan wrote:
Trueknight wrote:Well, then I believe we should first define how many countries are open and then advertise on the forum. This game is really too good to be played just by a few of us. So, who else is still in besides me, France and Germany?

I am still in as Great Britain!

China is faithfully limping along as well.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Ojodeaguila said he would come back and take over Austria.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:05 pm

bjfagan wrote:Ojodeaguila said he would come back and take over Austria.

Just saw this now, excellent!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Given the possibility of a major European war, I'll be password protecting my turns from here on in unless we can reach an agreement for peace.

So I won't be up to running blank turns for everyone who misses their turn anymore, if you miss a turn, your country will go to ai control, unfortunately.

Ojodeaguila
Lieutenant

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:02 am

Hello I am the new austrian player and need some day to talk to my allies before I can negociate a peace in the italian war, I want to talk with all the players as soon as posible.

Trueknight
Corporal

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi and welcome! :)
If you want, you may contact the Spanish goverment at my email address :)

Vezina
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:52 am

I am working on my turn now. If I could ask Lukas not to run it before France's orders make it in, I would appreciate it!

Edit: It's up now. Thanks!

Vezina
Lieutenant

Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:34 am

As an OOC diplomatic comment:

Austria, please realize that I did not play my last turn. That attack on Savoie was AI-orchestrated and was not my decision whatsoever. I don't want this to be the asp that causes all-out war.

Vezina
Lieutenant

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:47 am

Also, as an update: I have put in my turn for tomorrow's turn, but I will be out of town more than likely on Saturday's turn.

I realize that wars are raging across Europe right now, but I would ask that France please please be given a blank turn for the turn to be processed on November 5th. I trust you guys enough not to look at my turn in this instance. Trying to reorganize from the AI's movements in the middle of a war situation is too hard to regroup should something go south.

Trueknight
Corporal

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:09 am

As a neutral nation with a friendly stance toward France, I volunteer to send in a blank turn on November 5th for them, if everyone else is Ok with that.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Trueknight wrote:As a neutral nation with a friendly stance toward France, I volunteer to send in a blank turn on November 5th for them, if everyone else is Ok with that.

Sure!

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:53 am

To players processing the turn:

Please always recheck Dropbox prior to actually running a turn.

Very Unhappy China.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:07 pm

Lynxyonok wrote:To players processing the turn:

Please always recheck Dropbox prior to actually running a turn.

Very Unhappy China.

Sorry, my bad.

Vezina
Lieutenant

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:48 am

My orders for Early January, 1867 were not processed with the turn. Was there an issue?

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”