Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Sun May 22, 2016 10:07 pm

lukasberger wrote:Hmm, looked like the old file to me. At any rate I just did the same to the file in Game Files\VGN\Events since I hadn't seen your post :)

So not sure if only you and I need the file or if everyone does. Just to be safe, would everyone please download the new CHI Reforms file? Thanks!

Well, whatever you did has certainly helped! China has more options now! Not as many as I'd like but I imagine those extras would actually require some research on my part.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon May 23, 2016 4:29 am

Lynxyonok wrote:Well, whatever you did has certainly helped! China has more options now! Not as many as I'd like but I imagine those extras would actually require some research on my part.

Ok, great!

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:48 am

Next turn coming up. Early January 1856.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:21 pm

I need a few minutes, please!

Vezina
Lieutenant

Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Okay, so I kind of ripped off Tony's event to make the script for the first payment from France to Spain, but I do not know how to test it or make it fire. The amounts should be good (and the easiest part,) but can someone a little more knowledgeable with scripting take a look at this and tell me what I'm missing?

SelectFaction = $CMN
StartEvent = French Payment to Spain - Money + Railroad 1|1|1|Null|Null|Null|NULL

Actions

SelectFaction = $FRA
ChangeResStock = $merMoney;-325
ChangeResStock = $merCapital;-900
ChangeResStock = $merSteel;-50
ChangeResStock = $merGoods;-40
ChangeResStock = $merCoal;-30

SelectFaction = $SPA
ChangeResStock = $merMoney;325
ChangeResStock = $merCapital;900
ChangeResStock = $merSteel;50
ChangeResStock = $merGoods;40
ChangeResStock = $merCoal;30

EndEvent

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:50 pm

Vezina wrote:Okay, so I kind of ripped off Tony's event to make the script for the first payment from France to Spain, but I do not know how to test it or make it fire. The amounts should be good (and the easiest part,) but can someone a little more knowledgeable with scripting take a look at this and tell me what I'm missing?

SelectFaction = $CMN
StartEvent = French Payment to Spain - Money + Railroad 1|1|1|Null|Null|Null|NULL

Actions

SelectFaction = $FRA
ChangeResStock = $merMoney;-325
ChangeResStock = $merCapital;-900
ChangeResStock = $merSteel;-50
ChangeResStock = $merGoods;-40
ChangeResStock = $merCoal;-30

SelectFaction = $SPA
ChangeResStock = $merMoney;325
ChangeResStock = $merCapital;900
ChangeResStock = $merSteel;50
ChangeResStock = $merGoods;40
ChangeResStock = $merCoal;30

EndEvent

Oops, totally missed this. Sorry. I will try to take a look at it soon and figure it out.

Vezina
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Thanks. :) With the exception of money, when you have time to look at this can you double the amounts shown so that two railroad payments are made?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Vezina wrote:Thanks. :) With the exception of money, when you have time to look at this can you double the amounts shown so that two railroad payments are made?

Can do!

Vezina
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:23 am

Early March 1857 is up.

Trueknight
Corporal

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:20 pm

lukasberger wrote:Can do!

Any news about that? We Spanish are eager to discover the new marvels of railroads! :)

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:04 am

Trueknight wrote:Any news about that? We Spanish are eager to discover the new marvels of railroads! :)

No, sorry. Working like crazy this week, have barely had time to run turns. I think I can get to this next week though, it looks a little more free.

nemethand
Colonel

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:53 pm

still need 10 mins to submit

Trueknight
Corporal

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:01 pm

lukasberger wrote:No, sorry. Working like crazy this week, have barely had time to run turns. I think I can get to this next week though, it looks a little more free.

Sorry to be annoying, but don't you have any news about that? The railroads were an important part of my deal with Vezina, and I've not seen anything about that in many ingame years.
I know it isn't nobody's fault, but I'd like to know if there's any way to implement our deal in the near future...
I know for certain there's an ingame event that builds a Railroad in a random provice without any cost or input from the player...it occurred to me twice during the game. Maybe that could help you to help me! :)

Please let me know.

Thanks

Claudio

Vezina
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:31 am

I would actually be okay with just making the entire payment for the railroads when it is enacted. I have saved up to make it possible; so, it will be six times the original numbers other than money.

Capital - 5400
Steel - 300
Goods - 240
Coal - 180

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:12 am

Trueknight wrote:Sorry to be annoying, but don't you have any news about that? The railroads were an important part of my deal with Vezina, and I've not seen anything about that in many ingame years.
I know it isn't nobody's fault, but I'd like to know if there's any way to implement our deal in the near future...
I know for certain there's an ingame event that builds a Railroad in a random provice without any cost or input from the player...it occurred to me twice during the game. Maybe that could help you to help me! :)

Please let me know.

Thanks

Claudio

You're not being annoying, I totally forgot. Thanks for the reminder. I'll do my best to get to this at some point in the next few days.

Trueknight
Corporal

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:04 am

lukasberger wrote:You're not being annoying, I totally forgot. Thanks for the reminder. I'll do my best to get to this at some point in the next few days.

Thanks for your help! I'll be away from the game for the next week, until 15th of August. In case you manage to fire the event, may I ask you to start building the railroads in my place?
I'd like to have them built in this provinces (cities):
- Castilla La Vieja (Burgos)
- Asturias (Oviedo)
- Castilla-Leon (Leon)
- Galicia (La Coruna)
- Levante (Valencia)
- Murcia (Cartagena)

thanks for your help!

nemethand
Colonel

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:02 pm

still need 15 mins for turn pls

Trueknight
Corporal

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:39 pm

On a different matter, but still related to the French-Spanish treay... an historical event about the Spanish-Moroccan war just fired this turn. Needless to say this war is totally whitout sense, given the actual situation; Morocco is now a Protectorate of a friendly European power, and I suppose it cannot govern itself, let alone declare war.
Any way we can correct this according the new context? Maybe we can change this to a war with Beduins, considering I've now colonized Rio de Oro and Mauretania....

Any Idea?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Trueknight wrote:On a different matter, but still related to the French-Spanish treay... an historical event about the Spanish-Moroccan war just fired this turn. Needless to say this war is totally whitout sense, given the actual situation; Morocco is now a Protectorate of a friendly European power, and I suppose it cannot govern itself, let alone declare war.
Any way we can correct this according the new context? Maybe we can change this to a war with Beduins, considering I've now colonized Rio de Oro and Mauretania....

Any Idea?

Pretty sure we could just script an end to the war, along with your RR/treaty related stuff. Sorry not to get to that yet, just been so busy :(

I'll try my best to find the time to sort all this out by the weekend.

Trueknight
Corporal

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:00 pm

lukasberger wrote:Pretty sure we could just script an end to the war, along with your RR/treaty related stuff. Sorry not to get to that yet, just been so busy :(

I'll try my best to find the time to sort all this out by the weekend.

Ok, no problem...in the meantime I'll try my best not to get kicked in the ass by them! ;)

BTW In alternative, maybe France could also declare war on Morocco, and we could see this as an all-out revolt against Europeans in general...

Trueknight
Corporal

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi guys, still me,

sorry to be complaining again but last two times I couldn't sendo orders Spain was reverted to AI Control instead of getting blank orders...this caused all kind of mess as you can imagine. Can this be avoided in future?

Thank you very much for your efforts running the game.

Vezina
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:34 am

I apologize if I had anything to do with that over the last week. I made blank turns for every country that showed up on the "Players" list, but I didn't check the AI list. We may need to update the played countries list in the meantime so that we know which nations need blank turns.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:29 am

Vezina wrote:I apologize if I had anything to do with that over the last week. I made blank turns for every country that showed up on the "Players" list, but I didn't check the AI list. We may need to update the played countries list in the meantime so that we know which nations need blank turns.

I'm back from my time on vacation, so I can try to provide that info.

bjfagan
General of the Army

New Update

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Version 1.04 has been released. When should we all upgrade?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Version 1.04 created a game-breaking bug for me whereby I can't see any of the save file from our last turn to load them in the loading screen. So until I can figure out how to revert or fix the issue, I'll be out of commission as far as running turns goes. Hopefully Brian or Steven or whomever can step in.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with the new patch or is it just me?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:42 pm

lukasberger wrote:Version 1.04 created a game-breaking bug for me whereby I can't see any of the save file from our last turn to load them in the loading screen. So until I can figure out how to revert or fix the issue, I'll be out of commission as far as running turns goes. Hopefully Brian or Steven or whomever can step in.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with the new patch or is it just me?

I upgraded believing you had it working. I have the same problem not seeing the old turns. I will be out of commission for a day or so too.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:44 pm

bjfagan wrote:I upgraded believing you had it working. I have the same problem not seeing the old turns. I will be out of commission for a day or so too.

Yep, my bad. Wish I'd replied to you quicker. I thought I had it working, was just loading the game when I sent the original email and realized 30 seconds later it wasn't working :(

Is everyone ok with taking a break for a couple days until Brian and I can fix our games?

Vezina
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 am

I'm not sure if it's useable, but I posted a turn for Late October, 1859 on Dropbox. It is under the old patch; I have yet to upgrade.

Trueknight
Corporal

Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:00 am

No problem for the wait. I haven't updated yet, please let me know when or if I should update.

Btw, I didn't get any emails about that....can you please check if I was in the mailing list?

thanks

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:17 am

Trueknight wrote:No problem for the wait. I haven't updated yet, please let me know when or if I should update.

Btw, I didn't get any emails about that....can you please check if I was in the mailing list?

thanks

Ok, will do.

Don't update yet, that's for sure. Doing so totally hosed my install.

I'll try to get up and running in a day or two and get the show back on the road.

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”