Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:09 am

Thanks, I'm getting the files now.
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:12 am

Yes, sorry guys I messed up. I was deleting the turn files of the unplayable countries, then got busy on something else before actually copying them over.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:25 am

I think I have defeated Greece. I got their capital and allthough there are still some troops running around they are done. Now my original watgoals was taking Crete and Rhodes (and indeed that is what the AI is offering me already) and give Corfu back to Britain or, at the choice of Britain, put it under Ottoman jurisdiction. That was when Greece was still under human controll. Now I need some opinions. Can I procede with my wargoals and script the corresponding peace or am I restricted to what the AI is offering me now. I would prefer the former, of course but could easily live with the latter, too.
"I am here already.", said the hedgehog to the hare.

Boernes
Sergeant

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:20 am

Again, please turn off AI-takeover when there are no orders in! I'm losing a shitload of ressources and money because the AI decided to frak up every single one of my trade orders

Jim-NC

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Citizen X wrote:I think I have defeated Greece. I got their capital and allthough there are still some troops running around they are done. Now my original watgoals was taking Crete and Rhodes (and indeed that is what the AI is offering me already) and give Corfu back to Britain or, at the choice of Britain, put it under Ottoman jurisdiction. That was when Greece was still under human controll. Now I need some opinions. Can I procede with my wargoals and script the corresponding peace or am I restricted to what the AI is offering me now. I would prefer the former, of course but could easily live with the latter, too.

We could do either. My opinion as a player is that as Greece is AI, we use what the war score will let us do. In this case, you keep Crete and Rhodes. I am open to other people's opinions on this matter. My opinion is -"As I did not join in the fight, I should not get anything." But that is me as a player.

As the moderator, I would prefer that you keep to what your war score allows. Thus for Corfu, as you don't have the warscore, and you probably don't have the objective for it (haven't checked on that), my opinion is that you shouldn't get it, but only Crete and Rhodes. But again this is my opinion, not my decision. Others may chime in with differing opinions.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Jim-NC wrote:We could do either. My opinion as a player is that as Greece is AI, we use what the war score will let us do. In this case, you keep Crete and Rhodes. I am open to other people's opinions on this matter. My opinion is -"As I did not join in the fight, I should not get anything." But that is me as a player.

As the moderator, I would prefer that you keep to what your war score allows. Thus for Corfu, as you don't have the warscore, and you probably don't have the objective for it (haven't checked on that), my opinion is that you shouldn't get it, but only Crete and Rhodes. But again this is my opinion, not my decision. Others may chime in with differing opinions.

I have the warscore like three times for all the islands together, but other than Britain have no claim to Corfu. So this is entirely upon the community to decide.

Sir Garnet

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Citizen X wrote:I have the warscore like three times for all the islands together, but other than Britain have no claim to Corfu. So this is entirely upon the community to decide.

You are saying the engine will let you assign it to Britain, but not to Greece. In which case it is an Ottoman decision of state as to what to do.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Sir Garnet wrote:You are saying the engine will let you assign it to Britain, but not to Greece. In which case it is an Ottoman decision of state as to what to do.

No, it doesn't. Britain could presumablx claim it, were they at war with Greece. It was one of my wargoals when Kensai was still in charge. Now the AI can't be negotiated with, that's why my question is, if it is still a valid wargoal. In that case it needs scripting.

Sir Garnet

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Citizen X wrote:No, it doesn't. Britain could presumablx claim it, were they at war with Greece. It was one of my wargoals when Kensai was still in charge. Now the AI can't be negotiated with, that's why my question is, if it is still a valid wargoal. In that case it needs scripting.

IIRC there may be the option for you to demand liberation of territories. I don't think I understand the situation. If there was a valid Ottoman claim, you should be able to take it.

Jim-NC

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:28 pm

There isn't a game "valid" claim from the Ottomans. If Greece was still human controlled, then Citizen X could easily ask for Corfu. But Greece is AI controlled. And as the Ottomans have no claim, and neither does Britain, do we write a script giving the Ottomans Corfu? That's the question.

To those reading:
Have we decided on a limit on what can be asked of an AI country that loses a war? That is what this comes down to. Do we allow the game engine to rule (Corfu stays Greek), or do we write a script to allow the Ottomans to gain the region?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Boernes wrote:Again, please turn off AI-takeover when there are no orders in! I'm losing a shitload of ressources and money because the AI decided to frak up every single one of my trade orders

I changed the setting back to zero. I guess the option I changed was for the AI running a country that did not have an ord file. That explains why none of the trn files go suppressed. I changed the correct option now, so hopefully we can get rid of all these unplayable country files.

Late October 1879

It worked! We are down to 13 trn files now. I will reset the option back so the game does not takeover countries with missing ord files.

FYI to all, I will be out again tomorrow and cannot process the turn. This will be the case until October, so hopefully someone can handle processing the turn on these days.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Is France willing to give the cereals farm in Giza back to Egypt?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Jim-NC wrote:There isn't a game "valid" claim from the Ottomans. If Greece was still human controlled, then Citizen X could easily ask for Corfu. But Greece is AI controlled. And as the Ottomans have no claim, and neither does Britain, do we write a script giving the Ottomans Corfu? That's the question.

To those reading:
Have we decided on a limit on what can be asked of an AI country that loses a war? That is what this comes down to. Do we allow the game engine to rule (Corfu stays Greek), or do we write a script to allow the Ottomans to gain the region?

That's it.

The question rises here because I issued these wargoals in June 1878

B.) Consequential measures
1. Greece will withdraw all claims on Saloniki, Epirus, Thrace and Thessalia.
2. Greece will return the Islands of Crete and Rhodos to the Ottoman Empire as their just owner.
3. Greece will return the Island of Corfu to Great Britain as its rightfull owner or to the Ottoman Empire as administrtor.

Greece was human controlled back then.

nemethand
Colonel

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Jim-NC wrote:To those reading:

I would vote for the former, to keep it simple; if you have enough warscore, you can ask for it. If we go for scripting, it may create an endless voting procedure.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:30 pm

bjfagan wrote:Is France willing to give the cereals farm in Giza back to Egypt?

The caretaker administration is not authorized to make such decisions, you'll need to wait until De_Spinoza retakes control of France.
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Jonathan Pollard wrote:The caretaker administration is not authorized to make such decisions, you'll need to wait until De_Spinoza retakes control of France.

No problem, forgot he was out.

Boernes
Sergeant

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm

bjfagan wrote:I changed the setting back to zero. I guess the option I changed was for the AI running a country that did not have an ord file. That explains why none of the trn files go suppressed. I changed the correct option now, so hopefully we can get rid of all these unplayable country files.

Late October 1879

It worked! We are down to 13 trn files now. I will reset the option back so the game does not takeover countries with missing ord files.

Thank you! Re-reading it, my message may have sounded more angry than it was actually intended to - sorry

Sir Garnet

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:05 am

bjfagan wrote:I changed the setting back to zero. I guess the option I changed was for the AI running a country that did not have an ord file. That explains why none of the trn files go suppressed. I changed the correct option now, so hopefully we can get rid of all these unplayable country files.

Please advise which of the similar-sounding options was the right one and which was the wrong one?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:15 am

Sir Garnet wrote:Please advise which of the similar-sounding options was the right one and which was the wrong one?

The correct option to stop getting the trn files was the first setting listed, but I had been changing the second earlier.

Code: Select all

rulNoTurnFileForAI   = 0   // 1 supresses trn files for AI (faster but player can't take over)
aiDoTakeOver       = 0   // 1 for the AI to take over nations without orders

This code was in our Z.opt.

Sir Garnet

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:12 am

Thanks, so for manual purposes this is my summary:

(Under PBEM SETTINGS)
In multiplayer games or as an option in singleplayer the game can create TRN files for all playable countries, allowing players to give orders to those countries. Two items that can be put in a Z.opt file in Settings are the following, which control whether the TRN files are created and, if created, what happens if no orders are given - whether the AI gives orders for that turn or no orders are given for that turn. The // precedes comments to each line.

rulNoTurnFileForAI = 0 // 1 suppresses trn files for AI (faster but player can't take over), 0 creates turn files
aiDoTakeOver = 0 // 1 for the AI to take over the turn for nations without orders, 0 processes the turn without orders

The settings above create TRN files and do not have the AI issue orders when no orders have been submitted.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:00 am

Sir Garnet wrote:Thanks, so for manual purposes this is my summary:

(Under PBEM SETTINGS)
In multiplayer games or as an option in singleplayer the game can create TRN files for all playable countries, allowing players to give orders to those countries. Two items that can be put in a Z.opt file in Settings are the following, which control whether the TRN files are created and, if created, what happens if no orders are given - whether the AI gives orders for that turn or no orders are given for that turn. The // precedes comments to each line.

rulNoTurnFileForAI = 0 // 1 suppresses trn files for AI (faster but player can't take over), 0 creates turn files
aiDoTakeOver = 0 // 1 for the AI to take over the turn for nations without orders, 0 processes the turn without orders

The settings above create TRN files and do not have the AI issue orders when no orders have been submitted.

This appears to be the case.

Sir Garnet

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:06 am

Merci. I understand the password issue is unresolved, but will go to press with the above version on special PBEM settings.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:17 pm

The Tripolis script in the repository can be executed. Would be nice if the host could do so one of these turns.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Loyality

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:18 pm

While second-checking the results of my recent scripts I saw that the ChangeRegOwner command amongst other things transforms the percentage of loyality for the former owner into the loyality for the new owner. This may not be wanted. Has this ever been discussed during this game (results ?) ? Should it be discussed?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Citizen X wrote:While second-checking the results of my recent scripts I saw that the ChangeRegOwner command amongst other things transforms the percentage of loyality for the former owner into the loyality for the new owner. This may not be wanted. Has this ever been discussed during this game (results ?) ? Should it be discussed?

Sir Garnet brought this up earlier, but someone needs to explain or indicate what should be written in the script so the loyalty does not transfer owners too.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:39 pm

The scripting would be easy. There is a

ChangeLoyaltyFac (Change loyalty for the selected faction in the selected region or area)

as well as a

SetLoyalty (Set loyalty for the selected faction in the selected region)

There had just been a transfer of a region where I didn't care about loyalty and there are some pending where this might be an issue. I would like a picture of opinions how we should handle
this loyalty issue. And also express a disclaimer. I won't address the issue in the scripts that I am currently writing, so that current transactions won't be blocked.
But later player discussions might lead to a change of loyalty in those regions.

Sorry, that I didn't bring it up earlier. I am new to scripting and didn't think of it.

Savoyard
Private

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Are you guys gonna have any openings?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 pm

We can always change the loyalty to what it should be later. I am not a script writer, so the group needs to indicate what and where to put the language into the script.

Early November 1879

Edit: Well the unplayable country trn files returned. How do we get rid of these, without having to always suppress the trn files in the settings?

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 am

The house rules don't mention any prohibition against exceeding a structural pool limit by paying someone else who still has that structure available in his pool to build that structure in your country and then scripting control of that structure to yourself. If I as China wanted to get an additional silk structure in China despite having no structures left in the pool, would it be legal for me to offer my gold mine in Colombia in exchange for one or more silk structures that a foreign power built in China?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crixdaz
Sergeant

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:09 pm

I'll can't control Japan during this summer and it's a good moment to cede the country. The situation has been stabilized with the peace, although the scripts aren't made yet (I have no skills or time for that). So I leave the game, maybe we'll see you again in september (or later).

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Excuse my bad english, don't doubt to correct me ;)

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”