lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:36 am

If anyone wants Austria feel free to take them. Sadly, I'll be too busy to do them any justice for some time to come.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:07 pm

lukasberger wrote:If anyone wants Austria feel free to take them. Sadly, I'll be too busy to do them any justice for some time to come.

That's sad news. I'd say we keep that open for you for some time.
"I am here already.", said the hedgehog to the hare.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:33 am

Late November 1884\

I guess we need to start doing some recruiting

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:31 am

Early December 1884

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:28 pm

bjfagan wrote:Late November 1884\

I guess we need to start doing some recruiting

There seems to be low potential for the game at the moment to attract new players. I refer that to entire PON. Not many senior players committed to it either to make it attractive. It is even hard to play for those that are regularily there, because the constant popping in and popping out makes it hard to plan the future. There is six people submitting now, three of wich are running minors. I would rather see those that are reliably submit there turn files to be taking over major countries.

On the other hand, let's face it. Communicationwise this game is dead.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Late December 1884...

So, what do the other players want to do?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:15 am

The Ottoman diplo script is ready again.

Jim-NC

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 am

It has become an interactive single player type game.

We don't even have most of the players responding to this discussion (it was really a talk between 2 people).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 am

I can keep processing the turns, but it would be nice to hear back from the players. Do you guys even care if the game continues or not?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 am

bjfagan wrote:I can keep processing the turns, but it would be nice to hear back from the players. Do you guys even care if the game continues or not?

I would prefer to continue and I appreciate that you do the hosting. Maybe nobody reads the forum anymore?

Jim-NC

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:26 am

I also would like to continue. I guess there is a bigger issue of what do we do with the not played nations? It would appear that Austria and France are now AI, and may have to stay there for a long time (if not forever).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nemethand
Colonel

Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Sorry for kind if ignoring the game, to a certain extent at least. Real lofe constraints, as well the "business as usual" flowing of the game indeed decreased my interest.

I would like to continue. For me, however, it means, most likely in the next few months submitting every second-third turns.

BTW, I am going for skiing over the next few weeks, so no turns from me until Tuesday.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Still haven't heard from everyone, but I will start processing the turns again and will send those countries without orders back to AI control.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:17 am

January 1885

Jim-NC

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 am

I would like other player's opinions on the "Panjdeh Incident". It is a red event that fired in early January. The event is the Russian capture of an oasis in Afghanistan. The issue here is that Britain "lost" Afghanistan a war or 2 ago. Thus we have no say/sway/colony in that region now. I don't mind the loss of relations with Russia (-5 from the event), it's the temporary CB that's the problem. If I don't do anything, I lose 10% of my prestige over it. I would like to script in a reversal of the event, including any PP loss that may happen due to my temporary CB.

However, I want other player's opinions on the matter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Jim-NC wrote:I would like other player's opinions on the "Panjdeh Incident". It is a red event that fired in early January. The event is the Russian capture of an oasis in Afghanistan. The issue here is that Britain "lost" Afghanistan a war or 2 ago. Thus we have no say/sway/colony in that region now. I don't mind the loss of relations with Russia (-5 from the event), it's the temporary CB that's the problem. If I don't do anything, I lose 10% of my prestige over it. I would like to script in a reversal of the event, including any PP loss that may happen due to my temporary CB.

If you don't possess Afghanistan then you can't lose prestige by that incident I think.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:54 am

Jim-NC wrote:I would like other player's opinions on the "Panjdeh Incident". It is a red event that fired in early January. The event is the Russian capture of an oasis in Afghanistan. The issue here is that Britain "lost" Afghanistan a war or 2 ago. Thus we have no say/sway/colony in that region now. I don't mind the loss of relations with Russia (-5 from the event), it's the temporary CB that's the problem. If I don't do anything, I lose 10% of my prestige over it. I would like to script in a reversal of the event, including any PP loss that may happen due to my temporary CB.

I have no problem with reversing the PP loss. Maybe this is a great opportunity for Britain to regain Afghanistan anyways.

Late January 1885

nemethand
Colonel

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Fine with me.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Sorry for the delay, been busy...

Early February 1885

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:15 am

Now that it seems that Austria will be AI for some time I need to settle some stuff with help of the moderator. We had quite some treaty, ready to be published and executed, mainly of economical nature. Of course I now I put it to sleep not to burden a possible new player too much.

One thing I would still get through as it touches the interests of Italy. I would like to have this done and then have Italy put to AI. It also settles the issue of the "split" colony of Lybia. Lukasberger and I had originally planned to seek approval of the moderator for a purchase of the colony by Austria. Austria would give license of coalmines to Italy which it desperatly needs, much more than it needs Lybia and would have a good deal here. We had thought of either of the following scenarios:

1. Austria purchases entire Lybia for itself. The Ottman Empire would stand back from any rights it still posseses in Lybia (Benghazi). Italy gets license for seven coalmines in Austria.
2. Austria purchases entire Lybia for the Ottman Empire. Austria gets the sole right to exploit any and all sources of rawmaterials now present and prospected in the future. Italy gets license for seven coalmines in Austria.

If the moderator approves of it I would script and execute either scenario and then give Italy back to AI.

Jim-NC

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:58 am

My thoughts would be for scenario 1 (Austria gets Libya for itself). I can't see Austria allowing the Ottoman Empire to have all of Libya, and get nothing in return. But, will this make Libya 1 colony again? It needs to be 1 colony if we can manage it (so much easier on the game engine). If giving it back to the Ottoman Empire makes it whole, then that has more merit.

I would like to hear other's opinions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:54 am

I believe the Austrians would want the entire colony for themselves.

Sir Garnet

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:59 am

In general, I'd expect Austria to pursue its interest in Libya and Italy to nurse an irredentist bias mollified by coal mines.

I thought I had posted briefly 2 weeks ago but I'm not seeing it. I plead exigent circumstances. Will see if things improve in January for me with more freedom for steady blocks of time - but the AI can do its work for now. The diplomatic situation long ago put a blanket on active disputes.

Brazil should continue to have lots of money and capital and ample everything else for its needs (except coal).

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks for your opinions. It is scenario 1 then. Although, as I reread it, now the Ottomans don't get anything out of it. But that would be ok by me, as long as I can give back my ward Italy as a fully functional country. As I said, it is a part of a bigger treaty, where the Ottomans got something out. It seemed an elegant way of setting the Lybian situation straight with benefits to everybody.

With your leave I am proceding as lukasberger and I planned for the Italian/Lybian complex and as was described above in scenario 1.

Jim-NC

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:41 pm

That would be for the best.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I will run the turn in a little while...

Late February 1885

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Early March 1885

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Late March 1885

bob.
General

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Fellow Statesmen,
I will play Sweden from now on.

Excited to see how your world looks right now! Austrian Libya? :neener:

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 pm

bob. wrote:Fellow Statesmen,
I will play Sweden from now on.

Excited to see how your world looks right now! Austrian Libya? :neener:

Unfortunately, Sweden was one of the countries we dropped when we changed to the "Redux" version. France, Austria, USA and Japan are available. Will you take one of these?

Early April 1885

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”