Jonathan Pollard
Major

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Savoyard wrote:Are you guys gonna have any openings?

Looks like there's an opening for Japan right now.
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Jonathan Pollard wrote:The house rules don't mention any prohibition against exceeding a structural pool limit by paying someone else who still has that structure available in his pool to build that structure in your country and then scripting control of that structure to yourself. If I as China wanted to get an additional silk structure in China despite having no structures left in the pool, would it be legal for me to offer my gold mine in Colombia in exchange for one or more silk structures that a foreign power built in China?

Kensai opposed heavily against it in CiE 1 and (without wanting to duplicate the whole thing here again, no really not) I say he was right there. Allthough I would limit a strict veto in that matter to crucial commodities like coal. I still recoomend not messing around with the limits of buildpools.
However, if everybody feels that in this particular case it is ok, I'm surely not blocking it.
"I am here already.", said the hedgehog to the hare.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Crixdaz wrote:I'll can't control Japan during this summer and it's a good moment to cede the country. The situation has been stabilized with the peace, although the scripts aren't made yet (I have no skills or time for that). So I leave the game, maybe we'll see you again in september (or later).

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Did you not see this problem a week ago?

Late November 1879

Crixdaz
Sergeant

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 am

bjfagan wrote:Did you not see this problem a week ago?

Late November 1879

To be honest I expected some help for this (I posted in the thread scripts asking about that) and the last week I had not much more time then (and worst this week). But there is no problem about that as the peace it's signed and the next player will finish the script in the first place.
Excuse my bad english, don't doubt to correct me ;)

Ojodeaguila
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Sorry guys, I have to leave the game I have no time to manage the nation properly

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Early December 1879... letting Japan and Spain go to the AI.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:22 am

The naval unit that was being built in Shanghai has completed its construction and been given orders to move away, so it should be safe now to run a script to transfer the control of Shanghai to the USA for its 10-year lease.
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coolbean
Major

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:32 am

Jonathan Pollard wrote:The naval unit that was being built in Shanghai has completed its construction and been given orders to move away, so it should be safe now to run a script to transfer the control of Shanghai to the USA for its 10-year lease.

Thanks.

Whoever is good at scripts and is willing to make it, the colony of Somoa needs to be transferred to Germany. Also, a coal mine in Northern Japan needs to be transferred to the USA. The USA made the peace agreement to Japan based on the assumption that Japan would be human controlled. For example, as per the treaty, a coal mine in Japan needs to be transferred to the USA; if Japan doesn't do it or nationalizes the mine in the future does it breach the treaty and give the USA a CB?

Sir Garnet

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:53 am

I wonder if the remaining Brazilian units there will be affected. Should not be if there are passage/supply rights.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks.

I think that it should be possible for a script to evaluate Coal Mine status and the count of mines in the region and automatically replace one each time it reverts. But that is two levels above my skill.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:47 pm

If the host approves, I would like to have the Sarajevo Conference script be executed next turn.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Citizen X wrote:Thanks.

I think that it should be possible for a script to evaluate Coal Mine status and the count of mines in the region and automatically replace one each time it reverts. But that is two levels above my skill.

Scratches head. ;) Garnet edited my post instead of responding to it. Carnival in Brazil?

Sir Garnet

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Citizen X wrote:Scratches head. ;) Garnet edited my post instead of responding to it. Carnival in Brazil?

Wrong button in wrong post window and lack of sleep. Sorry. Carnival would be nice, but that's far in the future.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Late December 1879... will wait on the script to give everyone a chance to review it.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 pm

bjfagan wrote:Late December 1879... will wait on the script to give everyone a chance to review it.

Hehe, sure. Sometimes I forget about the time difference. Please run the diplomats script, too, then.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm back and taking over control of France again. Many thanks to Pollard for subbing for me!

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Early January 1880. Adding the Sarajevo Conference script.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Late January 1880.

Someone will need to take over the processing on Sundays. Bueller.... Bueller.... Bueller....

Jim-NC

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:55 pm

I am back as well. So are Japan and Spain both AI now? I saw where Savoyard was looking for a country.

Anything that needs mediating?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:37 am

Samoan colony transfer is in the scripts repository. Works on my machine, but as always, check results.

With the coalmine transfer between the US and Japan I am not so happy. Not if the US has no more coalmines in their build pool, that is. I think we should restricz ourselves to the buildpool limitations. Allthough there can be exceptions every now and then, there are some commodities that should not have exceptions: coal, oil, steel, MFGs, mechanical parts, electrical parts.
Either I wouldn't want to overcome the game engine by scripting to excessively, like preventing the defection of buildings under the influence of negative relations.

Still a peace agreement can contain the redirection of a buildings output for some time. In this case maybe 60% of the mines output can go to the US for 10 years, while 40% get lost. This would reflect that the US trusts controll the mine, but the miners won't work as hard for foreigners as they would for their own.

Speaking of game engine limitations. There's one thing I never had to deal with in single player. I have conquered Sofia, Bulgaria's only province, my obfective. All Bulgarian forces are annihilated. Now, how do I annex them? Is there a game mechanic I haven't discovered? Do I have to wait it out? Any suggestions?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:38 am

Can I have my diplomats, please? Script is altered for January 1880.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:04 pm

I was delayed, so I can crank out the turn for today.

Early February 1880.

coolbean
Major

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Gentlemen, I'll be out of reach of personal internet this week, although I should still have e-mail. Sir Garnet has been kind enough to take over the USA for the week, to reply to in-game diplomatic actions and such.

If you need to contact me or the USA, please feel free to e-mail me at the address in the details file. Many thanks to Sir Garnet for taking his time to help me out!

Citizen X, I wish you would have expressed your concerns a while ago when peace was being made between the USA and Japan. Essentially, the USA peace offer with Japan was based on the assumption that Japan was going to be playable, so now it is completely irrelevant anyway. Honestly, my first thought when I heard Japan was going to the AI was to ask for a scripted resumption of war, in order to make a new peace in line with warscore and the in game peace menu. Oh well, I will be away for a week so we'll see what happens.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 pm

coolbean wrote:Citizen X, I wish you would have expressed your concerns a while ago when peace was being made between the USA and Japan. Essentially, the USA peace offer with Japan was based on the assumption that Japan was going to be playable, so now it is completely irrelevant anyway. Honestly, my first thought when I heard Japan was going to the AI was to ask for a scripted resumption of war, in order to make a new peace in line with warscore and the in game peace menu. Oh well, I will be away for a week so we'll see what happens.

Yeah, right, I didn't check. :) I was too busy at that time to thouroughly read everything. Cya next week, have a nice time.

coolbean
Major

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 am

I have placed a script in the repository for the transfer of Shanghai to the USA.

I haven't had a chance to test it, because I don't know how. How does one test scripts? I have some time tonight before I leave tomorrow morning.

Jim-NC

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:08 am

To test a script, you add the script to your local game file. You need to add the script to the events folder (either as a separate file, or added to an already existing file - like the "USA Events.sct"). After adding, you need to crunch a turn (please use an older turn).

The easiest way to test is to add to an already existing file. Go into the "USA Events.sct" file, and paste you script to the end of the file, and then save, and load the game, then crunch the turn. If you get control of Shanghai, then everything is good, if not, then there is an error somewhere.

It's harder to add a new file (you have to type the new name into the "1850 GC.sct" file.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:26 pm

I was told a long time ago to just add the script to the "Plugin_1850GC" file in the Events folder of the game.

Savoyard
Private

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:38 pm

I guess I'll take Spain!

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Late February 1880

bjfagan
General of the Army

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Early March 1880