Respenus

Contentment problems

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:38 pm

I am currently playing an 1850 MP campaign on another wargaming forum and some of the countries have found themselves in a downward contentment spiral. It originally started as part of an international food shortage due to unfamiliarity with the game, however that has now been (mostly) corrected. Unfortunately, the numerous strikes/riots/rebellions that occurred as a result have not disappeared and general discontent seems to be spreading across Europe.

We first tried fixing the problem by boosting everyone's contentment by 50 via a script, but that does not appear to have worked. If the situation does not improve shortly, we will script some extra goods (especially luxury) to each country to try to fight the problem at its roots, but if even that will not work, I would like to know if there are any script commands that reset/remove low contentment effects? I checked the wiki, but the only thing I could find was the ChgPopContentEx, but as mentioned above, increased contentment did not remove the negative effects.

Thanks for the assistance.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:39 pm

given that you already face this problem you might be better to use the ChgPopMilitancy function.

Its been a while since I did this but if I recall contentment leads to militancy and that raising it will slowly (plus the other things you are doing) remove militancy. But its not an immediate shift. The PopMilitancy command should remove existing unrest.

In effect, high contentment will reduce militancy slowly. Low contentment will act as a trigger to dropping militancy. But once your population are in a state of unrest its hard to shift them just by contentment - hope this makes some sense.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Respenus

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks for the assist Loki, we will try this next.

I do have to mention, however, that the country experiencing the biggest unrest problems (Austria) is also the country with the lowest militancy rates; in many regions it is at or slightly above 0. But since we are mostly playing for fun and role-playing, I do not think anyone will have a problem with resetting contentment and militancy to their optimal levels.

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”