Veghist
Conscript

All country colours are green

Sun May 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi, strange thing happened: During the AI turn all national colours turned into various shades of greens and cyans... Now it is quite hard to tell friend from foe, as not only city colours turned green, but all unit backgrounds too. Is there any way to get the national colours back?

HerrDan

Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 am

Veghist wrote:Hi, strange thing happened: During the AI turn all national colours turned into various shades of greens and cyans... Now it is quite hard to tell friend from foe, as not only city colours turned green, but all unit backgrounds too. Is there any way to get the national colours back?

That seems very strange indeed, can you show us a screenshot? I guess I won't be able to help here, but it could help the others to help you if we have a screenshot. :)

Veghist
Conscript

Mon May 26, 2014 1:17 am

[ATTACH]28232[/ATTACH]
HerrDan wrote:That seems very strange indeed, can you show us a screenshot? I guess I won't be able to help here, but it could help the others to help you if we have a screenshot. :)

Here you are
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-05-26 00.44.16.jpg

Jim-NC

Mon May 26, 2014 1:53 am

That is really weird. I would think that it's a corrupt installation or something. Try shutting down the game and restarting it (if that doesn't do it, you may have to go back a turn to see if it is the turn or the installation).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon May 26, 2014 10:25 am

Is your computer screen behaving normally with others games, because all the game seems tinted somehow.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Veghist
Conscript

Mon May 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Pocus wrote:Is your computer screen behaving normally with others games, because all the game seems tinted somehow.

No, there is nothing wrong with it. Besides, I actually seen the city and unit backgrounds turn green during the AI turn; nothing else changed, only these colours turned green, apart from that there is no greenish tint. It seems like as if the red part on unit and city backgrounds was missing or something. Restarting did not fix it (though I strongly believed in it.)

HerrDan

Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 am

Veghist wrote:No, there is nothing wrong with it. Besides, I actually seen the city and unit backgrounds turn green during the AI turn; nothing else changed, only these colours turned green, apart from that there is no greenish tint. It seems like as if the red part on unit and city backgrounds was missing or something. Restarting did not fix it (though I strongly believed in it.)

I think it might be something with your computer and not with the game...

Veghist
Conscript

Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 am

HerrDan wrote:I think it might be something with your computer and not with the game...

Believe, my system is perfectly fine. I saw the colour change. it must be something with the renderer, as apart from these backgroungs the colours of the map and the interface are perfectly sound.

Pocus

Tue May 27, 2014 9:23 am

For me the interface has definitively a red tint on your screenshot. I would not know how to do that as a developer, or at least I could not do that without doing some search on DirectX functions :)

Lets not take things personally, I prefer to say there is a problem with the game and the video driver used. can you check if Windows updated anything lately or did you update your video driver or change a settings on it? Many video cards come with some kind of 'managers' where people can tweak a lot of stuff.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Veghist
Conscript

Tue May 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Pocus wrote:For me the interface has definitively a red tint on your screenshot. I would not know how to do that as a developer, or at least I could not do that without doing some search on DirectX functions :)

Lets not take things personally, I prefer to say there is a problem with the game and the video driver used. can you check if Windows updated anything lately or did you update your video driver or change a settings on it? Many video cards come with some kind of 'managers' where people can tweak a lot of stuff.

Nevermind. I reinstalled it and it is fine now.

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”