joe
Lieutenant

Grand Campaign crashes during AI nations processing

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:45 pm

I recently tried to play on my laptop. I had been playing on my desktop without this error.
During the AI processing of the first nation I get this critical error: Profiler.Dlog Error accessing file. Then when I click ok I get this next error message: exception eiout error dans le modak Pon.exe dans 000f0391.Erreur E/S 32.

I have given the game administrator rights and still get these error messages. This just happens on the Grand campaign and not the smaller scenarios.

Thanks

Pocus

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 am

Perhaps too much logging at the same time. Try editing the file Settings\general.opt, you should see 'logbatch = xxx'. Change xxx to 100 for starter. Also be sure to not have installed PON in C:\Program Files

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

joe
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Thanks Pocus. That worked, changed from 10 to 100. I am really enjoying this game.

Thebes
Conscript

Help

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Pocus wrote:Perhaps too much logging at the same time. Try editing the file Settings\general.opt, you should see 'logbatch = xxx'. Change xxx to 100 for starter. Also be sure to not have installed PON in C:\Program Files

Where do I find this? Mine does the same thing. I have even downloaded the patch that was supposed to fix this.

Jim-NC

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:15 am

Hello and welcome to the forums Thebes :wavey: . The files can be found in your game directory. You want to look at something like C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\Civil War II\Civil War 2\settings. The xxx\xxx\xxx is the directories to find Civil War II. I don't know where you placed your game, and thus can't say exactly where yours is. My game has 2 directors that say Civil War 2, so find the one that has the general.opt. Make sure you make a copy before changing (just in case). It will open in notepad (you may have to tell your system to open using notepad). You can then change the values.

A WORD OF CAUTION - ONLY CHANGE THE SETTING AS STATED BY POCUS - YOU GAME MAY NOT WORK IF YOU CHANGE SOMETHING ELSE. This holds several pieces of key information to help the game run. You will need to leave most of the rest alone.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”