Crixdaz
Sergeant

Problems with the shipyard

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 pm

I've found this problem in the middle 60's playing with the ottomans in the 1.03e patch:

After some technology (I think that was something about reinforced concrete, but I'm not sure) this building needs something than cannot be made: electronic parts and It's completely useless.
Excuse my bad english, don't doubt to correct me ;)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 am

unfortunately that can happen with a generation of upgrades. Electrical goods have not been discovered so no one is producing them - or they have yet to build a plant.

You're stuck as you can't go back to the earlier version. Ideally there should be a warning that you are upgrading to a version that can't be operated. Only solution would be to script in a reversion to the earlier type and repay yourself the goods you spent on the upgrade.

If you're not sure how, happy to set up a script for you.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Christophe.Barot

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:23 am

other solution, a script providing you with a limited amount of electric parts, till a reasonable date when they became available

problem known and recorded, I had the same with luxury goods upgrading, one is told that a patch took care of it, and your factory doesn't seem to close, but actually it stops producing :(
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Crixdaz
Sergeant

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:59 am

There's no real problem for me, at this stage i'm building industries and infraestructures than I don't need. Because that my needs are already satisfied and I've got a surplus of capital.

I just wanted to make it public to find a permanent solution and help to fix the game ;)
Excuse my bad english, don't doubt to correct me ;)

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”