Byblos
Conscript

Turn resolution blocked ! (Japan GC 1896)

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello to everybody!

Here I am very sad!

I thus began a GC with Japan: the patience with this country is needed, but it is very interesting because nobody annoys you, and you can build patiently your power!

I decide by 1895 (as historically) to attack China to try to seize Korea...

Towards the end of the war, while I have several armies and body in war , I notice that for some turns , the game bug !

Explanation: 15 days are normally resolved, then the IA gets ready to get back to me. The icon of mouse shows at first 2 notched wheels working , then a block notes whith the black pencil working , then return in the notched working wheels (To there everything goes well)... But logically at this moment the icon has to become the "famous" cable of connection colliding a screen of computer provoking a small spark and the IA then has to get back the hand to me by indicating me the result of the turn but there in fact 2 notched wheels continue to mash desperately and I do not get back the hand

( I can wait for 10/15 minutes nothing can be done, while usually it's over in a few minutes)

Then well, I stop the game relaunching and there I got out of it by modifying the given orders, notemment by limiting or by cancelling the movements of my armies or ships: it was boring , but good at least I could continue the campaign...

The Peace comes, and there I have to reorganize my troops and fleets , and there one more time the same bug returns regularly, that I solve in the same way (Shitting but etc.)

Where that becomes more disturbing, it is that after a while, no more movements of armed forces, but bug all the same: I realized that by cancelling an order of construction of coal mine that passed...

But there now: turn without orders, and bug all the same! How I can cancel nothing / to modify because no orders! I am downright cornered!!!

I am really disappointed because it is a game very interesting!!!

Someone would know how to help me!?

EDIT : Oh ! The scripts shows no errors , and i know that turn resolution of PoN could be very long but how long !? Ten or 15 minutes !? Maybe i must wait more time !?

Christophe.Barot

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:56 am

Hi

a) can be 15 minutes for me

b) why don't you begin again at turn just before the bug appears, sometimes it is sufficient, you got this bug once, but by "rewinding", it may not occur now (just hope you kept the saves then)

bo sure result, but worth trying
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”