unclejoe
Lieutenant

Can I run PON thru my mother board only (without using my graphics card)?

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:16 am

When I try to do so.....PON won't run and I get Direct3d initialization error.

(why do I want to ....because I screwed up and somehow cannot use my monitor with the graphics card.....only my TV set/via hdmi..... ) ....and the TV set picture will run PON but it is not nearly as enjoyable.

(when trying to hook up the HDMI, some page suggested hitting Start p and the projector or something and that led to No Picture on my monitor.....unless I unattach the graphics card.)

Jim-NC

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:19 pm

What type computer are you using (lap top or desk top)? And what keys did you press to have it appear on your TV only?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Jim-NC wrote:What type computer are you using (lap top or desk top)? And what keys did you press to have it appear on your TV only?

Hi Jim. Desktop. I pressed the key between Cntrl and Alt ....2nd from bottom left (says Start on my keyboard). And the 'p' key.
(page suggested and I tried it with the result.....no pic on my computer monitor... It starts up okay...... with Windows icon swirling, then goes to No Signal rather than desktop.) (the Start and P keys brought up 4 icons.... one of which had been suggested.....don't hit it! :bonk:

using Windows 7..... HD 7850 Radeon graphics card.

any help appreciated.

Jim-NC

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 pm

From what I am seeing on the net, you changed your presentation method. It sounds like that when you click the "start" button + P, you get 4 options for displays. I guess that 1 option is monitor only, 1 option is projector only, 1 option is both the same, and 1 option is "extended view". The extended view means that your screen gets bigger to show both (your monitor is on the right, and the projector is on the left side or vice versa). Without seeing the icons, I can not tell you which is which.

Looking online, it appears that you can cycle through the options by pressing the p button repeatedly.

I searched "presentation shortcut windows 7", and looked for images. You will need to look there to find the correct image you need.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks Jim. Checked that out......for some reason it doesn't change things back.....so I don't know what to do with it exactly, but....No Worries.....I found settings on TV hdmi to play alright...... etc. aloha joe t.

Jim-NC

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm glad it worked out for you (in a fashion).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”