Asher413
Corporal

Unable to offer peace

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 pm

Hello again and sorry for returning so soon with another error/bug!

I am at war with China, and for the first part of the war, offer peace was available on the F9 screen. In the last 4-6 turns (not sure exactly where it happened, I wasn't checking on a regular basis for my warscore), the option to offer peace has vanished. I have no treaties to reply, and when I choose treaty available when selecting China, the list is blank. If I try to scroll down with the down arrow, it takes me to the treaties in effect list, item #2, and trying to scroll up has no effect. To the best of what I've checked (not comprehensive, just a few countries) I can offer normal diplomatic actions to other nations.

This has continued for at least two turns, as I thought maybe it was a slip up in an offered treaty for peace from China.

Any and all assistance would be appreciated

[ATTACH]23047[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]23048[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]23049[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]23050[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]23051[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Herewego~RUS trn.zip
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
Herewego~RUS ord.zip
(166.35 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Herewego.zip
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 145 times
Logs.zip
(3.37 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
CHIDataDumps.zip
(476.5 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Asher413
Corporal

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 am

Sorry to be persistent... but I'm trying to see if this save file is going to be a dead end, or if this issue has a solution. Thanks again.

Sir Garnet

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Are you patched up to date?

I don't know what the problem is. I imagine it may have to do with China having few to no diplomats at times in the game. If you know warscore and what terms it can buy, you can get help here or in the other PON forum on a simple peace script to implement peace and those transfers, which would include some relations boost to the extent you don't use warscore. Several hundred warscore unused can make them like you a lot for your mercifulness.

Asher413
Corporal

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:17 pm

I have installed patch 1.03e, with the models fix for the heavy HQs. I cannot recall which version the game was started on- I bought the game around late May and did not patch it until 1.03e, but that was about 8 game years prior to this most recent war with China (and the previous war allowed me the option to offer peace).

The real problem with trying to script peace is that I can't even see what my warscore is to know what a 'fair' peace is, and I really don't want to cheat when deciding what a fair peace is. I know it was ~2100 for Manchuria, ~500 for Fromosa and the colony northeast of Tibet together, and that I had at least 800, but at that point I put my head down and decided to take over all of China to see if Manchuria was even realistic to go for. I also seem to have lacked any offers from China to peace (which may speak to their diplomat shortage) to have an idea what they see as acceptable.

I really wish I had more information, but as I said, I just put my head down with the goal of taking over all of China, so I wasn't watching the details too closely until it appears to have been too late.

wolfclan
Civilian

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Did you ever get a resolution? I'm having the same problem--just started a couple of turns ago. My war score against China is 1219, according to the cross thunderbolts button for "number of nations at war with".

Asher413
Corporal

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:41 pm

wolfclan- I did not get a resolution, I ended up scripting the peace to get out of it.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Is it possible for a war that starts out as a regular war turn into a "full" war? I as China can't offer peace to the Taipings even though I killed all of their units, and I think the reason for that is because it's a "full" war.
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wolfclan
Civilian

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:01 pm

What is a "full" war?

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:26 pm

On P. 157 of the manual it says "Note that a "Full War" means peace other than by event or total victory is almost impossible (e.g., American Civil War, Taiping rebellion, or Third Carlist War).
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wolfclan
Civilian

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Jonathan Pollard wrote:On P. 157 of the manual it says "Note that a "Full War" means peace other than by event or total victory is almost impossible (e.g., American Civil War, Taiping rebellion, or Third Carlist War).

We must be at different editions of the manual. I searched and my manual doesn't use the term "Full War". P. 157 of my manual discusses different types of regions: National interest, colonial, subdued, and de jure. The time stamp on my manual is April 2013 and the cover page says for v. 1.02.

I am enjoying this game, but it does have some rough edges. It seems that the player is expected to write scripts to smooth play. Since this is only my first game in PON, I'm hesitant to attempt to modify the game with new scripts because of a concern about unintended consequences.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:26 pm

According to Pocus the latest manual is supposed to be located at http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/PON_ENG_Manual.zip

That link gives a manual that's 1.02 rev Nov 24.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”