stephenfjones
Conscript

Colonies Collapse in1880 DLC

Fri May 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Playing as Ger in Scramble for Africa. What causes the colony infrastructure to collapse and the colony structures disappear with the messages "insufficiently colonized". I get you need people to work the ports and RR, etc. but this happens even when I add no more structures and am adding Immigrants. Your support is great, BTW. Thanks.

Jim-NC

Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:19 am

Can you be a bit more specific? Which colonies/regions, which year? From you post, it is hard to tell what is happening.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stephenfjones
Conscript

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:30 am

Sure. I am playing GER in Scramble for Africa DLC. Namib was the first region I colonized and the first to experience a collapse of structures and I get that because that region has little population and it requires people to run railroads whatever. Masseyna was also another region with little to no population but I built the minimum structures but it collapsed and I understood. The collapse also causes the region name to change from Greman colony to Non-National region and I cannot do any actions in the region so far after that. I have also had Lae and Rabul do the same thing but they had some population, I was not adding any structures for years, and was adding Immigrants. So, I did not really understand why those Full colonies did the same collapse. There seems to be no recovery and I just want to understand what the cause is. Thanks Jim from NC.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 am

non-national means it has ceased to be a colony (hence the loss of your colonial buildings and that you cannot build any more). In my game, I've found this happens when the population becomes dominated by my national group (usually as a result of sending migrants on a regular basis). But its non-national as it is not connected to Germany.

since you say in the first post you sent immigrants, I guess that is the reason. Its not all bad news, you can use 'domestic' cards such as the telegraph one to build up infrastructure (maybe the roads and wetlands one too) and can build a few other buildings
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Jim-NC

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Since patch 1.03c (I believe), if you have 100% control, and a certain amount of nationalilty (depends on which patch you are using), then a region that used to be a colony can become either national or non-national territory. It becomes national if linked by land to your capital, and non national if not (in game terms, only Russian and America can have new national territory this way). Once the region changes to national/non national territory, then the colonial buildings are destroyed, and the region changes. There are plusses and minusses to this action.

Below are some of them
Plus - More expansion (you can build higher levels of industry). The region is now yours, and normally can't be traded away in a war.
Minus - You are no longer gaining PP for the colony. Also, a one time loss of PP for all colonial buildings built in the colony. The region is now yours, and normally can't be traded away in a war.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”