epaminondas
Colonel

Them old Bavarian blues.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:40 am

Just coming to grips with PoN and I've encountered what I take to be a bug. I'm playing 1.03 (Patch_PON_latest) Grand Campaign as Austria in 'warmonger' mode and I'm trying to cancel the start-up Defensive Treaty I have with Saxony. I say 'trying' because when I click to cancel it the effect is cancellation of the treaty I have with Bavaria - with the Saxon arrangement left intact. I've tried it several times so I'm confident I'm not just making an entry error.

I'd be certain it was a bug if not for the fact that when playing in standard mode I'm able to cancel without difficulty. Has someone just scripted an incorrect ID here or is there an undisclosed web of secret treaties waiting to catch the unwary? I half hope it's the latter but when have designers ever been that devious.

Jim-NC

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 am

Depends on how many treaties you have. Originally, the game didn't scroll through treaties (that was a later addition from a patch). When it was added, it had the unintended side effect of causing treaties to go out of order/move the cancel button. Unfortunately, you will have to probably cancel several treaties until you get the correct one. The good news is that you can cancel the canceling of the treaties you canceled to get rid of the Bavaria treaty (that sentence didn't really come out easily read).

Let me try again:
You may have to cancel several treaties to get the Bavarian treaty to cancel. If that is the case, you can uncancel the other treaties by clicking on them on the treaties sent screen.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

epaminondas
Colonel

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 am

Thanks Jim. I think I understand the procedure. What I'd be doing is making room at the top of the list so that the Saxony treaty could slide back up to its normal place, then cancelling the cancellations so that everything else remains right with the world. I'll give it a shot. It might take me a little while to get back on this, though, since I've deleted that particular game in order to fry other fish.

Much appreciate the help.

epaminondas
Colonel

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 pm

You're bang on the money, Jim. There is a mis-phrased message that can give you pause on the way through, though. When you cancel a treaty the message box tells you that the treaty has "already" been cancelled. I'm guessing it's simply a translation issue but it did confuse a bear of little brain.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim-NC

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:28 pm

your welcome. That's why were here.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”