Should I force the an end to the war between Great Britain and USA through script?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:21 am

Yes, it's ahistorical and compromises the campaign's realism.
22%
No, let's see where it leads.
22%
Give them more time, but end it if it goes on for a long time.
56%

Total votes: 9
HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:18 am

Kensai wrote:I remember I used to butt heads with the guys of an old PBEM game regarding the idiocy of having the NM drop so slowly... seems that I have been right after all. :-/
With this NM of yours (174) there is literally no challenge anywhere. Not your fault, obviously. But it is something that has to be fixed in a future iteration of the game.

Now, wondering if you can manage to subdue South Africa as well! :w00t:

Yeah, but it works against us as well, when I declared war on Russia they had just defeated the chinese and their morale was more than 180, but even so I managed, with time of course, to defeat them. But I agree with you, I at the time thought it was too high and was afraid of losing the war when I decided to invade Russia in such a moment, I think it should drop much faster, specially when the war is over, when both sides are at war I think it's ok for it to drop slowly, as the winning side usually after getting many victories gets the feeling of being "invincible" as we can see many examples in real history, but I agree completelly with regards to post war.
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:24 am

Hindenburg was finally called for service and has already showed great success in the Second Battle of Endinburgh, the british have somehow managed to recapture the city with reinforcements that arrive from the sea (it's hard to keep a complete blockade in PON, and I think it's good like this), but then I sent a corps commanded by Hindenburg and he showed what he came for, crushing the british without mercy!

[ATTACH]28888[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]28889[/ATTACH]

The british are reinforcing many positions in the british isles and it's getting difficult to deal with all the regions at once, after so much time of war I think we should consider getting into the peace table.
Attachments
2014-06-24 02_22_06-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-24 02_19_58-Greenshot.jpg

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:10 am

those British partisans are incredibly well dressed ... but then I guess it was in Edinburgh so what would one expect?

I think PoN does a great job of modelling the implications of trying for a long term occupation, in the end the constant revolts mean you accept that your army is completely bogged down or you have to make peace in order to do something else
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Kensai

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:14 am

Seeing the elements appearing in Edinburgh (partisans, militia, fortress models), I am almost certain they have NOT arrived by the sea, but spawned there as resistance (revolt) troops. It works quite nicely, I think! It should be exceedingly hard, if not upright impossible, to maintain occupation of a major country for long without going crazy.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:16 am

The Battle for Dublin is harder than we thought it would be, and to make things worse there's a full revolt in Wales with the arrival of british reinforcements from the sea. The was also an attempt to kill our commander von Der Goltz in Ireland, I think that from now on no mercy shall be given to the british people, I think that no more mercy shall be given to the british, they shall pay for their cowards attacks on our commanders!

[ATTACH]28890[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]28891[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]28892[/ATTACH]

On the international stage the americans have declared war on Spain once again, and this time I think the spanish won't be able to defeat the yankees that have their morale boosted from their recent victory over the british. Austria settled a peace treaty with Rumania, but I think the rumanians will harbour some resentment against us from now on...
Attachments
2014-06-24 03_13_49-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-24 03_09_01-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-24 03_07_15-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:22 am

loki100 wrote:those British partisans are incredibly well dressed ... but then I guess it was in Edinburgh so what would one expect?

I think PoN does a great job of modelling the implications of trying for a long term occupation, in the end the constant revolts mean you accept that your army is completely bogged down or you have to make peace in order to do something else

Haha remarkable comment about their stylish clothes ;) , and yes I think PON emulates it quite well, I have to keep a huge amount of forces tied in Great Britain to keep the country in control, that's one of the reasons I said that India is out of reach.

Seeing the elements appearing in Edinburgh (partisans, militia, fortress models), I am almost certain they have NOT arrived by the sea, but spawned there as resistance (revolt) troops. It works quite nicely, I think! It should be exceedingly hard, if not upright impossible, to maintain occupation of a major country for long without going crazy.

I'm almost sure they got by sea as I saw the elements coming on the sea, I mean the portraits of their leaders on the sea moving towards britain, I don't think they came there swimming, but then again I could be wrong... :niark:

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 am

The americans preparing the invasion of Cuba already! This yankees have learned quickly how to make "amphibious" attacks, they're probably studying our operation Jormungandr (Codename for the invasion of Great Britain, named after the giant serpent in the norse mythology, very feeting for the british empire haha...) created by our former war minister Bronsart von Schellendorff in cooperation with Admiral Tirpitz and mainly executed by the brilhant Helmuth von Moltke the younger that seem to have inherited the uncle's gifted talent for military strategy and climbed the rank of our generals really quickly with his amazing success over the british and now is counted as the likely sucessor of Alfred von Waldersee as the new Chief of the General Staff. I wanted to watch it closely! I think I'll send an officer to watch this war closely and report back to me.

[ATTACH]28893[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-24 03_55_36-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:41 am

We Finally conquered Dublin! Now only Belfast stands on the way to completelly control Ireland!

[ATTACH]28894[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-24 04_40_16-Greenshot.jpg

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:36 am

HerrDan wrote: that's one of the reasons I said that India is out of reach.

I think that is where, by accident, I got the phasing of my war with the British right (I say by accident because at the start I had no plans to actually invade the UK and was planning for an essentially colonial struggle). India, being colonial, doesn't tend to generate many revolts so I could strip my forces down to a couple of field armies and redeploy the rest back to Europe. It does seem that if you start at the heart of darkness, ok you run up Warscore quickly, but you also become locked into a cycle of revolts and small scale operations?

HerrDan wrote:[I]The americans preparing the invasion of Cuba already! This yankees have learned quickly how to make "amphibious" attacks,

they also, looking at that stack, have some pretty wierd units to hand ... good to see the world famous US 4th Peasant Rebels on the march
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:50 am

loki100 wrote:I think that is where, by accident, I got the phasing of my war with the British right (I say by accident because at the start I had no plans to actually invade the UK and was planning for an essentially colonial struggle). India, being colonial, doesn't tend to generate many revolts so I could strip my forces down to a couple of field armies and redeploy the rest back to Europe. It does seem that if you start at the heart of darkness, ok you run up Warscore quickly, but you also become locked into a cycle of revolts and small scale operations?

they also, looking at that stack, have some pretty wierd units to hand ... good to see the world famous US 4th Peasant Rebels on the march

Well, it's some of the unadvantages of attacking their "heart", an attack that I was very hesitant at start, but worked out well, although it's such a headache to keep the "Serpent" under control, the warscore runs up rather quickly. At first I didn't even think such a venture would've been possible at all, but I decided to try, so like the old saying "Fortune favors the bold" I ended up dealing themmuch more damage that I had done before in the colonial war, in which I was clearly losing, there are always ups and downs when it comes to choose a strategy, but I think that in the end I'm in a much better position now to get to the peace table than if I had kept with the colonial war, my warscore is already impressive and I just keep fighting because it's still not enough to get all of my objectives in this war, but it's close..

Ah ha I didn't notice that 4th Peasant Rebel unit in their transport, oh my the americans are much less prepared than I thought! And you have a very good vision by the way! These rebels must be cubans trained in the USA so that explains everything ;)

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:53 am

By the way, a question, is it hard enough as it should be to defeat the british as Italy?

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 am

I think this proves that the british reinforcements are coming by sea, as they can't build colonial troops in Great Britain itself, see that Indian brigade there at Cardiff.

[ATTACH]28895[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]28896[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-24 05_57_13-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-24 05_58_27-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Kensai could you take a look at this and see that I was right? ;)

HerrDan

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:03 am

This saxon prince really surprised (or pehraps disapointed) me, I've sent him to africa some time ago to a hard (if not suicidal, but let keep this secret) mission in Africa, to retake Lome with the help of a small force composed mainly of african natives, I did this as a "punishment" for his disastrous performance in our war against Russia, so I chose "to either make a good general out of him or let him die in Africa", but he surprisingly defeated the british force occupying our colony of Lome and is now on the way to the British Gold Coast. Well, all I can say is that he's by himself now, I wouldn't feel pity if he ended up killed in one of these battles in Africa, but if he's successful, then the better for us...

[ATTACH]28939[/ATTACH]

We're still deciding on who shall command the attack on the british final position in Ireland, I'm completelly in favor of leting von Bülow lead the attack, as I'm much more fond of him than the others, besides he's a very capable commander...

[ATTACH]28940[/ATTACH]

In a very bold plan our general staff decided to launch an assault on the british forces holding OUR territory of Qingdao, the venture was mainly an idea to please prince Leopold von Bayern who was a little upset about Hindenburg being promoted before him, so such a battle shall please his pride and as well test the limits of our naval operational reach.

[ATTACH]28941[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-24 19_59_42-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-24 19_57_22-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-24 19_50_00-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:38 am

Another tremendous victory of Hindenburg, this general is a master tactician, The General Staff was right in promiting him instead of Prince Leopold...

[ATTACH]28942[/ATTACH]

Talking about the prince...well this is a sad day for the nation as our landing in Qingdao was a complete disaster and the worst defeat our army suffered this war, I've heard our prince is among the casualties of the battle along with the other generals that were with him. The German Reich mourn this day, as it'll forever be remembered as one of our greatest tragedies...I think this showed us "the limits of our reach..."

[ATTACH]28943[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-24 20_34_23-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-24 20_32_07-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:39 am

We are trying now to establish a colony in Kenya, where there are already many germans settlers and some military presence to guarantee the security of the german colonists. I guess no one's going to context our right to do so, as we've been investing in this region for a long time already. By the way our clever commander Adolf von Götzen is already making some incursions into Uganda, maybe our next target...

[ATTACH]28944[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-24 21_34_30-Greenshot.jpg

Kensai

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:55 am

HerrDan wrote:Kensai could you take a look at this and see that I was right? ;)

Not necessarily. :)
The Indian troops might have been there long ago before you think. The AI is kind of agnostic of where the troops come and go. In earlier times I had seen a Zulu King (a GBR General) command armies in the Middle East. Indian troops in Europe is not so strange.

And don't be so certain about what you see on the map plotted in the process phase. Sometimes it shows strange movements that might be artifacts. Now, I don't want to completely exclude what happened beforehand in Scotland, but those troops (partisans, militia, fortress elements) could have perfectly spawned there for the local defenses.

Anyway, blockades work quite well, but you need to:

1. make sure you have enough ships as the regional sea tooltip requires
  2. have ships with high patrol values
  3. set ships to attack mode and attack adjacent sea tiles

This will rise the probability of hitting enemy transport ships sneaking in troops considerably. Technically a blockade is only the inability of a "besieged" enemy region/port to get supplies, but practically you need to make sure these are not coming through map-showed ships. You may think you blockade a port (its supplies diminish) but then a rival brings in a transport ship full of supply carts and feeds his own troops just under your nose! ;)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

HerrDan

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:16 am

Kensai wrote:Not necessarily. :)
The Indian troops might have been there long ago before you think. The AI is kind of agnostic of where the troops come and go. In earlier times I had seen a Zulu King (a GBR General) command armies in the Middle East. Indian troops in Europe is not so strange.

And don't be so certain about what you see on the map plotted in the process phase. Sometimes it shows strange movements that might be artifacts. Now, I don't want to completely exclude what happened beforehand in Scotland, but those troops (partisans, militia, fortress elements) could have perfectly spawned there for the local defenses.

3. set ships to attack mode and attack adjacent sea tiles

This will rise the probability of hitting enemy transport ships sneaking in troops considerably. Technically a blockade is only the inability of a "besieged" enemy region/port to get supplies, but practically you need to make sure these are not coming through map-showed ships. You may think you blockade a port (its supplies diminish) but then a rival brings in a transport ship full of supply carts and feeds his own troops just under your nose! ;)

Well thank you for such a comprehensive response, but I said that because the unit wasn't there before, Wales was conquered, but it revolted an an army spawned (without the indian brigade as I was controlling what forces the enemy was garrisoning there) and then later on the brigade came to reinforce the defenses of Wales, by the way I speak so assured of these things because I'm playing with "focus on move" turned on, so I saw in the message board during the pass turn phase many messages of transports coming and going from some regions, it seems the british have a right of passage in Iceland as many transports came and go from there.

I didn't ensure the blockade in the northern parts of Great Britain, so there's an unblocked way from there to them, of course I could be wrong here, but I suppose those messages of transports coming and going were "true", so it makes me belive that they are reinforfing their positions from overseas. I didn't pay attention to complete blockade them because I think they stand no chance anymore, even if they afforded to land a strong army, my generals are very competents, it's just a headache to have so many troops tied up to control rebels and partisans, but at the same time it serves to train my generals.

I'm delighted with how the engine emulates the difficult in handling the ocupation of a great power such as Great Britain, they have decreed another partial mobilization and that's why I think so many units are appearing "out of nowhere", like the strong garrison in Scotland, but after the crushing defeat at Qingdao, where I lost many of my best generals, including Prince Leopold himself, I think I'm going to finally sit at the peace table and demand my terms for their crushing defeat that makes my German Empire the uncontested super power of the era, what is good, but also brings many responsibilities as I showed weakness when I tried to intervene in far east... (I'm concerned with your "alternate great war", I hope it happens after the rRusso-Japanese war, indeed I'm VERY curious about this chain of events you're gonna create, I hope you're paying enough attention to what's happened in the last years to make something realistic according to the situation outlined after the last conflicts (American-British war, German-British war and last, but not least the Austrian-Rumanian war and now the renewed Spanish-American war and the growing of the USA as a world power, besides the diplomatic relations among the powers, in any case just ask me and I'll post the apropriate screenshot or answer here in text).

Cheers :)

HerrDan

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Kensai? :p ouet:

HerrDan

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:25 am

I need help here, all of a sudden the colonies in f8 disapeared and I lost soi everywhere, now everywhere gives me -10 prestige per turn, all of this started when the british invaded Windhoek that was strangely considered "non-national" territory instead of colony, and then it became british "non-national" territory giving them 101% of colonial penetration out of nowhere, and it didn't change after I retook it from the british it still displayed as britisn "non-national" territory with 101% colonial penetration, this pattern seems to repeat in other places as well

[ATTACH]28954[/ATTACH]

Even weirder is that Qingdao (Shandong, see the screenshot above) is now "National territory" instead of "non-national" as it should be...

[ATTACH]28955[/ATTACH]

Please someone help me as this bug may cause me to give up playing as I'm already very upset with these many bugs :(
Attachments
2014-06-25 23_23_59-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-25 23_18_10-Greenshot.jpg

Christophe.Barot

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:16 pm

HerrDan wrote:I need help here, all of a sudden the colonies in f8 disapeared and I lost soi everywhere, now everywhere gives me -10 prestige per turn, all of this started when the british invaded Windhoek that was strangely considered "non-national" territory instead of colony, and then it became british "non-national" territory giving them 101% of colonial penetration out of nowhere, and it didn't change after I retook it from the british it still displayed as britisn "non-national" territory with 101% colonial penetration, this pattern seems to repeat in other places as well

Even weirder is that Qingdao (Shandong, see the screenshot above) is now "National territory" instead of "non-national" as it should be...

Please someone help me as this bug may cause me to give up playing as I'm already very upset with these many bugs :(

about the F8 problem I had sort of the same trying to set up a SOI for Egypt and changing the persian one by script (those are considered independant nations, which they were "on the paper" - with some interruption for Egypt a short time, but in reality they had more the status of a Protectorate in the field, withy control of finances by foreign powers
... (sounds familiar - as well as unpleasant - to a greek fellow around those days ? :neener :)

- french-british ministers , "caisse of debt" in Egypt, British-Russian takeover of persia - control of customs, finances, diplomacy, occupation and so, on ... so imho should be trated rather in the Morocco-Tunisia way !

at first I set a SOI for egypt and the same F8 mess happened to me (never could set a SOI for egypt at start), then I changed the SOI and it worked BUT still Egypt (ande persia still appeared as indepenfdant states without their values being present as positive SOI in F8 for britain (nor, for persia, Russia)

there is probably an overflow or something of the sort - perhaps an AGEOD coder could have a look at this bug

hope it helped a bit, alas, coding is beyond my capabilities ...

for Windhoek at 101%, it happened to me, can come from an already high colonial investment, then an event comes and increase penetration - at 101% a colony becomes non national territory. could invasion of a colonial area, which became partly non national territory, provoke a chain bug ? ....
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Christophe.Barot

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Kensai wrote:

3. [color="#FF0000"]set ships to attack mode and attack adjacent sea tiles[/color]

you confirm there is an inversion and you actually have to NOT press the button to have your fleet in attack mode ?
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

[/color]

Christophe.Barot

btw, test on belgium

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:45 pm

btw I didn't make an AAR but tested the german game, and presently trying to create a huge "mittelafrika"

this drove me to play in a very unBismarckian way - anticipating Wilhelmian weltpolitik, isolation and bravado from 10 years

was necessitated first by bug about transfer of cities in owned colonies not happening (Nigeria),

and now am trying a strong departure from historical German strategy (consensus and playing it safe and low), that is getting Kongo for myself (how can I connect tanganyka , cameroon, and I hope one day rhodesia, else...),

which, with historical events happening (Berlin conference, blegian Congo), means ....attacking belgium to strip them from Congo (the ahistorical forged casus belli is in basic system and allows that, Bismarck high characteristics allow a false pretext ("our colonial grenz guards and explorers were shot by evil belgian indigenous auxiliaries on the Congo river - savages -, our german national honour has to be washed ..") it works well (3d try) , and well, we need to boost Powers reaction (provided we can improve British fleet management and building)

so, lesson learned is that Belgium army is initially astonishingly solid in defence (actually did gave me more trouble that French one did) - while not very realistic (I guess strong army comes from solid belgian economy), effects on game balance are good, as it makes violating Belgium neutrality costly

also especially with a very strong garrison in flanders, effects of coastal batteries and forts on warships making coastal bombardment is lethal, something to remember

just for info

[/color]

HerrDan

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:09 pm

Christophe.Barot wrote:about the F8 problem I had sort of the same trying to set up a SOI for Egypt and changing the persian one by script (those are considered independant nations, which they were "on the paper" - with some interruption for Egypt a short time, but in reality they had more the status of a Protectorate in the field, withy control of finances by foreign powers
... (sounds familiar - as well as unpleasant - to a greek fellow around those days ? :neener :)

- french-british ministers , "caisse of debt" in Egypt, British-Russian takeover of persia - control of customs, finances, diplomacy, occupation and so, on ... so imho should be trated rather in the Morocco-Tunisia way !

at first I set a SOI for egypt and the same F8 mess happened to me (never could set a SOI for egypt at start), then I changed the SOI and it worked BUT still Egypt (ande persia still appeared as indepenfdant states without their values being present as positive SOI in F8 for britain (nor, for persia, Russia)

there is probably an overflow or something of the sort - perhaps an AGEOD coder could have a look at this bug

hope it helped a bit, alas, coding is beyond my capabilities ...

for Windhoek at 101%, it happened to me, can come from an already high colonial investment, then an event comes and increase penetration - at 101% a colony becomes non national territory. could invasion of a colonial area, which became partly non national territory, provoke a chain bug ? ....

So did you continue playing after your f8 screen became that weird? I think yes, that it's clear that invading a "non-national" territory of another power creates a chain of bugs. I can correct the SOI problem by myself, but the bug on the f8 screen I cannot and I don't really understand the bug of Qindgao being considered NATIONAL territory instead of "non-national" as it doesn't share a border with my territorry. So all of a sudden everything became weird in my game...

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:31 pm

HerrDan, I'm sorry you are having issues with bugs. On a lighter note, you changed your avatar.

HerrDan

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:00 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:HerrDan, I'm sorry you are having issues with bugs. On a lighter note, you changed your avatar.

Thank you for the support, you're very kind. :)
I belive I'm going to solve it within some minutes now...

HerrDan

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:26 am

Amen. I fixed the bug myself, later I'll resume playing normaly, because in the last turns I've been testing many scripts so I didn't plan attacks, moves etc, and some battles ocurred and I didn't post the screenshots because I was focuging all my attention to fix the bug and just passing the turns quickly until I managed to fix it.

So here are some screenshots of the fixed situation:

My F8 screen restored:

[ATTACH]28981[/ATTACH]

I removed the british weird penetration in Windhoek:
[ATTACH]28982[/ATTACH]

And the russian and british penetration in my Qingdao:

[ATTACH]28983[/ATTACH]

So this was VERY Exhaustive and only later I'm going to resume the AAR, at least this process of fixing this bug made me understand the game mechanics much better. :)

Cheers.
Attachments
2014-06-26 22_21_03-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-26 22_21_19-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-26 22_20_36-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:35 am

In South Africa our forces commanded by Gusvad von Kessel continued advancing forcing the british forces to retreat and now we have reached Por Elizabeth where a british army led by Sir Arthur Palmer is entrenched, we're facing many supply problems in our march through South Africa and the british forces are now in a good defensive position, I think that von Kessel must encircle and destroy this strong british army, but a direct assault could be suicidal, so maybe he'll have to wait for the right time to attack, perhaps he should bring more reinforcements for the battle, as general Gottlieb von Haeseler is resupplying his forces in Kaapstad and his forces could prove essential for the successful encirclement of the british army, this war is lasting too long, we need to finish the british hopes of defeating us in Africa and only this victory could assure this. Meanwhile in Ireland our campaign was concluded with the defeat of the last british forces opposing us in Dublin and in Great Britain the brutish have once more managed to gather an army to fight against us, but their defeat could mean the end of the british hope of saving Great Britain.

Meanwhile in the diplomatic field I'm trying to convince the french that we do not have any intention of agression against them and that they would do well to remain neutral in this war, the french involvement in the war is the last hope of the british, but their pride makes them think that defeating us in Africa is still possible and would rally the other european powers to help them. The recent strong display of strenght of the Austria army against Rumania is also one of the things that keeps the french out of the war I think, they know that the russians are still recovering from their defeat and couldn't stand against us in time to help the french in case a war erupted. The situation is tense, but I belive that this war is ending before Autumn.

Our forces in South Africa are besieging the british in Port Elizabeth

[ATTACH]28985[/ATTACH]

General Gottlieb Graf von Haeseler is resupplying his forces in order to be able to help von Kessel's army attack on the entrenched british forces, the good railway system of South Africa also helps our forces to move from the rear to the front in little time, we're counting on this to defeat Palmer's army.

[ATTACH]28986[/ATTACH]

The Battle of Dublin and the surrender of the irish forces.
[ATTACH]28987[/ATTACH]

The british rallied another army only to be crushed under Hindenburg's feet. The war in Great Britain turned into a war of guerrilla and our soldiers are already tired of this endless conflict, the militancy at home is growing and I think this last offensive in South Africa is going to be the last in the war.

[ATTACH]28988[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-27 01_08_13-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-27 01_07_46-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-27 01_16_23-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-27 01_05_41-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:12 am

Just to let people know, this AAR is not dead, I'm just not having enough time to play PoN lately, but soon I'm going to resume this AAR and play until 1920.

Thanks for all my readers and supporters, you really made writing this AAR worth it.

Cheers. :)

Kensai

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Good to know! I have not abandoned you either! :D
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “PON AARs”