Should I force the an end to the war between Great Britain and USA through script?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:21 am

Yes, it's ahistorical and compromises the campaign's realism.
22%
No, let's see where it leads.
22%
Give them more time, but end it if it goes on for a long time.
56%

Total votes: 9
havi
Colonel

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Uber alles!? :bonk:

HerrDan

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:35 pm

havi wrote:Uber alles!? :bonk:

Haha super! :king:

HerrDan

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 pm

We now have a diplomatic meeting with the austrian diplomats, they want support in their war with Rumania, I've heard of the many atrocities commited by them against our austrian brothers, we shall give the austrians a free hand there in Rumania, and I shall make it clear that the other powers must remain neutral in this conflict otherwise Germany is going to mobilize its army against the offender.

[ATTACH]28777[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-19 15_24_18-Greenshot.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:51 am

Kensai wrote:True, all the above. But I tend to suggest the most "realistic" offer always, cause there are literally too many gamey ways to cheat the AI. Generally though, it is a shame that money does not play a role after mid game or so. If ever a Gold version came up, there should be a normalizing algorithm that kicks your inflation to the top (or outright consumes money/capital) if a nation hoards resources of any kind. I have never seen a single game where a nation is not able to finance any kind of project by the later stages, including all current F7 R&D.

Takes part of the challenge away. :(

Oh, nice. Oops sorry. I meant to quote the post saying you would script new units to make England and others be a little tougher.

HerrDan

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:10 am

Great Britain tries to react with a massive counter offensive in Birmingham, the battle was maybe the bloodiest this war has seen, but in the end we were able to hold the front, both sides suffered heavy casualties but the germans got the upper hand and the british army was forced to retreat to its initial positions in Carlisle.

[ATTACH]28788[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]28789[/ATTACH]

As expected by outside observers the Austrian forces are steamrolling the poorly trained, but still numerous, Rumanian army. The Rumanian capital of Bucharest is already besieged by the austrian 4th army and the Rumanian army is retreating in disorder throughout the country.

[ATTACH]28790[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-19 20_59_53-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-19 21_01_35-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-19 20_58_52-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:40 am

The Front in West Africa is stable now as we have pushed the british forces from Duala to Nola.

[ATTACH]28791[/ATTACH]

In South-West Africa we have landed a powerful army commanded by Max von Hausen in Walvis, the army is composed of more than 90.000 Soldiers, 16.000 horses and 772 guns (cannons), with this army we intend to push the british out of our Südwestafrika and then advance into the British South Africa, capturing one of the most important british colonies. What makes us even more optmistics is that the Boers will surely stand by our side! It won't be an easy task though, so we must trust in our great general Max von Hausen to be able to crush the strong british presence in the region.

[ATTACH]28792[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28793[/ATTACH]

The austrian army in an unprecedented performance have already conquered the whole country of Rumania and defeated its army. It took them less than a season to defeat the rumanians! It's always great to know that I can count on my allies good performance in case of a war, that might come in the future I'm sure, as the perfidious french and the russians are always plotting against our nations, but when the time comes, we shall be ready!

[ATTACH]28794[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-19 22_34_40-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-19 22_33_40-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-19 22_25_20-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-19 22_21_47-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

The Final Offensive against Great Britain begins

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Our 8th army coordinated with the 6th and 7th armies have started this early July the Final Summer Offensive against the british forces in Scotland, our forces showed again superior tactical skills combined with superiority in numbers, specially in artillery, the british were soundly defeated and their soldiers retreated in disorder. The willingness to fight of the british soldiers was greatly affected by these last defeats and they are surrendering en masse, it seems now that the war is finally coming to an end, and the German Army is once again victorious over the enemy.

The Battle of Carlisle
[ATTACH]28804[/ATTACH]

The Battle of Glasgow
[ATTACH]28805[/ATTACH]

In Südwestafrika our attacks are forcing the british to retreat and we have gained a lot of ground already, despite having facing supply problems, the 2nd army commanded by Max von Hausen is performing well.

[ATTACH]28806[/ATTACH]

Back in Germany we have emitted new state bonds to finance our Navy Expansion program that is underway and is draining a lot of state funds and surely the economic crisis doesn't help it.

[ATTACH]28807[/ATTACH]

The Austrians and the rumanians haven't reached an agreement yet, even though the entire territory of Rumania is now in austrian hands, they havent surrendered yet. Back to economics, the americans have surpassed the british industrial production and the italian economy, in spite of the economic crisis, is expanding greatly.
Attachments
2014-06-20 11_29_30-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-20 11_25_42-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-20 11_16_57-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-20 11_15_17-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 am

Our armies encircled and defeated the rest of the british forces fighting in Scotland, masses of british soldiers now surrender to our forces in the isles, the british will to fight is broken and we have opened the peace talks. As the british themselves were the agressors, and given the current situation of their forces, they have no choice but to agree to our demands, I never quite understood the reasons behind this hatred the british feel against the germans, but I shall be magnanimous as I've always been, our demands won't be harsh as I'm sure the british would be if they ever had a chance to defeat us in a war. But one condition I shall made clear to them, when the british come to sign the peace treaty, they must kneel before the imperial standard, for this is a victory of monarchy over democracy.

The final destruction of the british fighting force

[ATTACH]28821[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]28822[/ATTACH]

I'm also here to annouce that our new prime minister Prinz Bernhard von Büllow took office in the German Reich. He shall help me leading our empire to a new age. We have finally conquered for ourselves a place in the sun. It will now be my task to see to it that this place in the sun shall remain our undisputed possession, in order that the sun's rays may fall fruitfully upon our activity and trade in foreign parts, that our industry and agriculture may develop within the state and our sailing sports upon the water, for our future lies upon the water.

[ATTACH]28823[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-21 04_34_03-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-21 04_19_13-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-21 04_19_05-Greenshot.jpg
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

HerrDan

Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh yeah von Büllow, his sexuality isn't that important to the Kaiser as long as he does a good job...

[ATTACH]28840[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-21 05_00_44-Greenshot.jpg

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Kensai

Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:27 pm

All going great. :)
Is Edinburgh already fallen?
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

HerrDan

Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Kensai wrote:All going great. :)
Is Edinburgh already fallen?

Yes, this is the picture of the situation on the Scotish front, we have completelly defeated the british army in the british isles, now they only have a small portion northern Scotland under their control and only a small army left to guard it, their situation is really hopeless, but we're already planning ahead the invasion of Ireland and South Africa, as Max Hausen army has basically defeated the main british forces that invaded our Südwestafrika, so now we cut their african troops in half by isolating south Africa from south-west Africa with our 2nd army and invade Kaapstad to begin the conquering of South Africa.

The Battle of Abeerden
[ATTACH]28841[/ATTACH]

Scotish front now with the british isolated in the northern Highlands with only a small army left to defend it.
[ATTACH]28842[/ATTACH]

Our counter-offensive in Südwestafrika.
[ATTACH]28843[/ATTACH]

Invasion of Kaapstad underway
[ATTACH]28844[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-21 15_40_02-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-21 15_39_53-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-21 15_33_49-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-21 15_33_32-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:29 am

We have begun the construction of our first Nassau class Battleship, as expected it's much superior than the famous british Dreadnought as our metallurgy is clearly superior to ANY other in the world, we shall dominate the seas as it's our duty from now on (now that it's clear that the british are broken) to act as arbiters in the world international politiks. We shall use our power to protect people from the terror of the revolutionaries that threatens the world peace and from the nations which have sold their souls and values in exchange for more money and new markets.
Our values stand firm and we shall defend justice in every corner of the world, with the help of our navy and God above!

[ATTACH]28851[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-21 20_14_28-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 am

Max von Hausen, in spite of the supply problems involved in leading a large army in the harsh african weather and all the difficult in properly supplying his forces, have achieved a decisive victory over the british in the South-West african front, the defeat have put an end to the british plan to conquer the region. At the same time Gustav von Kessel army have started the landing in Kaapstad with tremendous success, the british lost their chance to check the landing in its beginning by retreating to the interior in cowardice. Their morale is so low that they're avoiding facing us in almost every front. The end is soon my brave soldiers! You all shall return home in time for celebrating Christmas with your families! We just need to push a little further.

[ATTACH]28853[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]28854[/ATTACH]

The landing in Kaapstad.
[ATTACH]28855[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-21 21_16_50-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-21 21_14_23-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-21 21_11_15-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:35 am

The operation Hringhorni (codename for the invasion of Ireland, named after Baldr's ship in the Norse Mythology), shall start withing in 10 days, our forces are going to land in Munster and from there advance to Dublin. We expect to end the operation in early December as the british can't offer much resistance to us now. After this operation the british will have no choice, but to agree to all of all terms.

[ATTACH]28856[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-21 21_27_49-Greenshot.jpg

Kensai

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:50 am

Wow, that old Saxon General is really nice in game! The Southwest Africa will be yours soon. British morale should be crumbling everywhere. I don't recall, what minor ethnicity are those purple-colored elements of yours? Green should be Saxon, but purple?

Again, outstanding pace! Could you post an image of the entire British Isles on revolt-risk filter? You could postpone this until you have completely overwhelmed (as expected!) Ireland as well. I want to see if you can manage to have a low risk on their occupation, cause diluting your forces to the many regions will undoubtedly leave some with a significant risk for trouble and insurrection.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:35 am

you really are reducing the British Empire to a small rump.

Have you considered adding either India or the Caribbean Islands to your rampage?
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

HerrDan

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Kensai wrote:Wow, that old Saxon General is really nice in game! The Southwest Africa will be yours soon. British morale should be crumbling everywhere. I don't recall, what minor ethnicity are those purple-colored elements of yours? Green should be Saxon, but purple?

Again, outstanding pace! Could you post an image of the entire British Isles on revolt-risk filter? You could postpone this until you have completely overwhelmed (as expected!) Ireland as well. I want to see if you can manage to have a low risk on their occupation, cause diluting your forces to the many regions will undoubtedly leave some with a significant risk for trouble and insurrection.

Hey Kensai, I'm still anxiously waiting for the pluggin ;) (btw Rumania changed wouldn't stand for the central powers anymore I think as I have supported the austrian invasion of their country, but the Ottomans are getting closer and closer...) , and yes von Hausen is superb, although a bit slow I have to say haha, as I play with activation rules, he's many times inactive and that makes my plans work rather slowly sometimes. The purple elements are generaly from Württemberg, although I might be wrong here. I'll post the map for you when Ireland falls, but I can already tell you that they're revolting en masse since London fell, I'm fighting partisans all over the Island.

you really are reducing the British Empire to a small rump.

Have you considered adding either India or the Caribbean Islands to your rampage?

Hi Loki, well the Caribbean islands I'm still considering (that would maybe create problems with the americans, what is super! haha), but India is out of my plans, they're too far and my supply lines are already VERY stretched fighting in Africa, India I think is (still) beyond my reach.

HerrDan

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 pm

By the political changes that came into play after the victory of the americans over the british, I think that I'm going to script a declaration of war of the United States against Spain, as it makes historical sense to have the americans more active in the international stage after such a victory and that they have interests in the spanish colonies in america and the pacific. What's your opinion dear readers?

HerrDan

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:11 am

I wait for the opinion of my readers, as I don't like to feel "in full control" of the situation in my game, that's why I freed Finland in my war with Russia and why I let the war between USA and Great Britain goes on til the british defeat in Canada. By the way Kensai and Loki, your opinions are highly regarded by me as always, but any other reader opinion is also taken into consideration as was the case with the war for Finland independence. and any suggestion for some turn of events would be always appreciated. And I'm still waiting for your plugin for the Great War Kensai ;)

Cheers.

Kensai

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 am

I will have set you up in the weekend. To keep the deadline (before July) I will keep the events small and straightforward, so you can adjust to what you want. They should be giving a red message in the news box (but no pop up).
Großdeutschland Mod

HerrDan

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:24 am

Kensai wrote:I will have set you up in the weekend. To keep the deadline (before July) I will keep the events small and straightforward, so you can adjust to what you want. They should be giving a red message in the news box (but no pop up).

Thank you very much Kensai :)

But what do you think about another USA-Spain war to "resolve unfinished questions" now that the USA has proven to be a great power?

Kensai

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 am

Well, if the USA-GBR war is over, it could happen. But I don't think the USA would have dared a war with two major powers of the era. Spain should be still pretty strong, albeit decreasingly, as a colonial empire. I wonder what the AI will choose for targets. Thus as I say, you could script this war, but the USA should be fighting one power at a time.
Großdeutschland Mod

HerrDan

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:58 am

Kensai wrote:Well, if the USA-GBR war is over, it could happen. But I don't think the USA would have dared a war with two major powers of the era. Spain should be still pretty strong, albeit decreasingly, as a colonial empire. I wonder what the AI will choose for targets. Thus as I say, you could script this war, but the USA should be fighting one power at a time.

They have finished their war with the british already, that's why I think they should consider a "revanche" with Spain.

Kensai

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 am

Then they should grab the opportunity indeed. Their morale should be really boosted and since all other nations have been "occupied" (or should I say... "preoccupied") by Germany, they will fight this war alone after all. If Spain has no issues with France and Portugal, it could dedicate to fight the Americans again.
Großdeutschland Mod

HerrDan

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:56 am

Kensai wrote:Then they should grab the opportunity indeed. Their morale should be really boosted and since all other nations have been "occupied" (or should I say... "preoccupied") by Germany, they will fight this war alone after all. If Spain has no issues with France and Portugal, it could dedicate to fight the Americans again.

Good, I needed a second opinion. By the way what did you think of the recent austrian display of power against Rumania? They basically won the war in less than a season and occupied the entire country of Rumania!

HerrDan

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Talking about this war, this was one of the few ocasions when the AI acted agressively in my game, as Christophe says the AI tends to be rather passive, in my game there was until now only 4 wars initiated with the AI declaring war on another (without events that force a war, like the american-spanish war or the second Boer war). The cases were, Russia declaring war on China, USA declaring war on Great Britain (started by a crisis) and now Austria declaring war on Rumania (that also started with a crisis between the nations) and Great Britain declaring war on me, also through the crisis system (but that caught me completelly off-guard as I was already streched by the war with Russia).

So the AI surprises us sometimes, but it's good that it isn't very agressively as it would lead to an unrealistic game experience like the one we have in V2, where the AI declares war randomly against anyone.

HerrDan

Victory in SüdwestAfrika

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:20 am

The german forces under the saxon commander Max von Hausen have finally defeated the british invading force in South-West Africa, with only a feel localized british resistance in Nugouse where some british forces are isolated from the rest of their army and it's only a matter of time until they surrender there. Max von Hausen has been congratulated by the Kaiser for his actions that led to the complete defeat of the british invading force in SüdwestAfrika, where he had to face many supply problems to lead his large army and specially because of his timing in landing in Walvis, at the moment of his landing, Walvis was the last portion of South-west Africa still in german hands, but the saxon tenacity led the armies to complete defeat the strong british forces present in the region and opened the way to the landing of Gustav von Kessel forces in South-Africa as the german strategy basically cut the british forces in half, not allowing them to help each other.

[ATTACH]28884[/ATTACH]

The german forces led by Gustav von Kessel in control of Kaapstad plans the invasion of the interior of South Africa.

[ATTACH]28885[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-23 21_18_20-Greenshot.jpg
2014-06-23 21_07_56-Greenshot.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:54 am

Still beating on ole Uncle Bertie.

HerrDan

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:49 am

Kensai I remember you asked to see the map of Great Britain with the revolt risk filter, as I stated before the british are revolting MANY times and I have to keep a strong force there because of that, besides it serves as a traiing ground for my generals ;)

[ATTACH]28887[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-06-23 23_45_34-Greenshot.jpg

Kensai

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:50 am

I remember I used to butt heads with the guys of an old PBEM game regarding the idiocy of having the NM drop so slowly... seems that I have been right after all. :-/
With this NM of yours (174) there is literally no challenge anywhere. Not your fault, obviously. But it is something that has to be fixed in a future iteration of the game.

Now, wondering if you can manage to subdue South Africa as well! :w00t:
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “PON AARs”