Kensai

Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:55 pm

Sorry for the late response (Sunday!), but thankfully this actually did not distract you from your "work" in the Italian peninsula.

Code: Select all

Line 155497:  Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_AustrianEmpire1867
Line 155497:  Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 1   <<Active>>
Line 155501:  SelectFaction, selected: Österreich
Line 155502:  EvalIsAtWarWith: Evaluating against Preußen
Line 155502:  EvalIsAtWarWith: Österreich is at war with Preußen Result: True
Line 155503:  Min date evaluated: 1865/01/01 converted to turn  2761 current turn 2827  True
Line 155504:  Max date evaluated: 1875/03/10 converted to turn  3006 current turn 2827 True
Line 155505:  Probability evaluated: Probability 100 rolled 40 True
Line 155506:  EvalEvent evaluated: Checking evt_nam_AUS_Sachsen_UnificationOK 1 equal to 1 True
Line 155507:  EvalEvent evaluated: Checking evt_nam_AUS_Hessen-Kassel_UnificationOK 1 equal to 1 True
[B][color="#FF0000"]Line 155508:  EvalEvent evaluated: evt_nam_AUS_Hannover_UnificationOK is unknown (or not referenced yet), Conditions set to False[/color][/B]
Line 155512:  SelectFaction, selected: Preußen
Line 155518:  Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_AustrianEmpire1867

Now this is a very strange code, as lower in your script log I see that this has actually run.

Line 155459:  SelectFaction, selected: Österreich
Line 155461:  Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_Hannover_UnificationCheck
Line 155461:  Event already referenced, current occurences 1 Max allowed: 1   >>Sleeping<<
Line 155463:  Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_Hannover_UnificationCheck further processing aborted.
Line 155475:  Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_Hannover_UnificationCheck

I do not know why this is happening in your game. But if you have reached more than 60% in Hanover already you may want to strike out that condition (or strike them out all for that matter) and let the final event of the Empire run.

Of course you could also role-play it like a champ and say that Hanover was stalling as Queen Victoria was secretly influencing it and add these final lines in the actions of the event. :p

SelectFaction = $GBR
ChgFacRelationships = AUS;-50
AddDiploItem = AUS;$diWar;CURRENT
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Kensai

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Francesco II di Borbone has been recycled as a (unified) Italy leader. Cool. But this mixed army as you see from the colors might not have been that efficient.

Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

February 1867

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 pm

The Emperor finally recieved the ambassadors of Vittorio Emanuele II and gracefully agreed to a peace treaty. The Italian king has to cede Torino, the last major city north of the Po.

In Ivory Coast, an outpost has been built and a small expeditionary detatchment sent to man it - upon their arrival, they find the region once again controlled by Great Britain, with a grotesquely large force sitting in the (Austrian built) depot there - alas, the depot is empty of supplies and the British force's rations are nearly used up. What their plans might be, we neither know nor can even guess. We are debating whether to call back this force, leave them there to keep an eye on things, or massively reinforce it. More iron clad frigates are built in our shipyards so the Empire might even take on any British challenge.

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Well, Hannover checked quite early, when they were at about 54%. I have a defensive treaty with them and reltions 100. But with Saxony it was just the same, also with a defensive treaty in effect and 100. So, no idea what went wrong. Anyways, I will of course rise to the bait... ahm.. I mean challenge and add those lines. At the very end of AUS unification events, yes? Just have to make sure my expeditionary forces get out. I really hate sending men off to die not for a good cause but due to bad planning. Oh well, it'd be realistic though, and who knows, they might prevail?

Many thanks to you for taking your time on a Sunday to fix this! I have been playing on and off this rainy afternoon and will do 2 or 3 more turns. I will at least post a picture of Germany united and Torino flying black-red-gold.

Kensai

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:56 pm

You should add it to the Actions of this event: evt_nam_AUS_AustrianEmpire1867
(beginning or end, as long as you don't interrupt the other actions)

Q-Kee wrote:Many thanks to you for taking your time on a Sunday to fix this! I have been playing on and off this rainy afternoon and will do 2 or 3 more turns. I will at least post a picture of Germany united and Torino flying black-red-gold.

No problem, I am totally enjoying your campaign so far and it is an inspiration to make your life hell if you repeat yourself in the v2 of my mod that will come in a few days. :p

Regarding the black-red-gold, as we discussed in our PMs, this for some might not seem an ideal flag, but I wanted to abstract this alternate reality as I imagined it: that Austria by winning first the Catholic German States and then the war against Prussia, it eventually returned to the status quo, ie being the first nation of the German Confederation!

Essentially, with the alternate reality defeat of Prussia Austria is unchallenged as the premium nation of the Confederation and the de facto leader of the entire German idea. This does not mean that the rest of German States becomes Austria, but that the entire German Confederation evolves in a "tighter" military-political alliance, led by Austria.

I am really curious which of the 4 choices of unification you will choose! :w00t:
Großdeutschland Mod

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Oh, I have done it already and the turn is processing now. Well, no war with the queen then :) As for which of the 4 options I choose, not knowing any specifics I have actually made my choice and you know which one it is. Sure, Franz Joseph would never even think about abandoning half of his former realm, however quarrelsome the Hungarians might be. Excluding Prussia, thus creating a not-really-German, small Prussian state in the east has a certain appeal as puffer state, but I would not want that, everybody is welcome in my new multi-ethnic Empire. Oh, and I am a bit of a megalomaniac in PC games so I cannot forego the chance to be the top dog ;)

BTW I am prestiege rank 3 now, even before creating Großdeutschland. For whatever reason I seem to have lost 500 PP last turn though, only occurred to me when I started processing so could not check why. Maybe by making peace and "returning" Rome? Military rank is 1, ofc.

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Ahm, do I have to restart PON to make the script change work? No unification still. Will try tomorrow with restarted game.
Attachments
ScriptReport2838.zip
(299.16 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

March 1867

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:36 pm

[ATTACH]27281[/ATTACH]
Attachments
North Italy.png

Kensai

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:03 pm

I read your log. I don't know why these events fail in your setup.

Line 155508:  EvalEvent evaluated: evt_nam_AUS_Holstein_UnificationOK is unknown (or not referenced yet), Conditions set to False

Delete all conditions for the unification. After all, you've done it.
Großdeutschland Mod

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Kensai wrote:Delete all conditions for the unification. After all, you've done it.

I delete the conditions, or the whole conditions section?

Kensai

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Well, technically you should only delete the condition about Holstein which is the one that stalls the process. But you can always delete the whole conditions for THAT event (only). An event that has not been referenced and is ready to fire (without conditions) will be enforced the turn after.
Großdeutschland Mod

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:49 pm

I deleted all the conditions about the minors and their checks and left only "is at war" and "has capital" - it worked! I have made the decision and hope to be able to post a picture of a united German with the next post.

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

April 1868 - rebirth of an Empire!

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:10 pm

His Apostolic Majesty, Franz Joseph I of Habsburg-Lothringen, was proclaimed Emperor of Germany in the palace of Potsdam. He thereby took his rightful place as primus inter pares among the German lords, as his forefathers have done for centuries. A humble servant of god and his peoples, the Emperor in the 20th year of his blessed reign will protect and foster those lands, so they may rise to greater glory.

When the British ambassador delivered, instead of congratulations as is usual among them monarchs of Europe, a declaration of war from his queen, the Emperor bestowed an understanding smile upon him and accepted the declaration as a mountain accepts a passing raindrop.

Although festivities in all the lands of the Holiest Empire are grand, duty calls on Admiral Tegetthoff - his battle fleet, laden with marine forces, is en route to the Ivory Coast already in anticipation of hostilities.

[ATTACH]27293[/ATTACH]
Attachments
HRE.jpg

r_rolo1
Private

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Nice ;)

Now , are you going to create some kind of Alsace-Lorraine situation ? It would probably be justifiable, especially in your game where France seems to have some ...issues :D .But again, you probably have more to do in this moment with the GB war ...

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:19 pm

that is indeed an impressive redrawing of the map of Central Europe ... now to deal with Perfidious Albion
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 pm

A war with France is inevitable, it is even scheduled :) I don't see yet where the war with GB would really pose a threat except to my trade ships, but I will try to gain at least some war score to grab another colony. I think I should also take Malta, too, they shot at my ships if you can believe it! Biggest thing I have to do now is tidy up that mess, reorganise my forces into proper armies, and get contentment from 0 to somewhere I can live with in those minor German states I am now responsible for :) But that will all have to be tomorrow, or some time this week.

Kensai

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Wonderful! Well, it would be content for v2.0 of my mod, but I could probably send you some sketch trigger events in case you want to annex the last "German-speaking" territories: Switzerland, Alsace, Lorraine, and Luxemburg. This should complete the cycle.

Nonetheless, you done extremely well. A huge multiethnic nation has formed. I wonder what could happen now if you continued playing. My guess is that you will be winning way before 1920 anyway, as your Prestige must be sky-high now that you unified the German-speaking lands, including Prussia.

PS. Actually, if you enable extensive claims even temporarily in the options you would be able to ask for contiguous regions.
Großdeutschland Mod

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 am

I will continue all the way to 1920, when I said I'll play v2 I didn't mean immediately :) I am prestige rank 2 now (was 3 before, after the wars on Prussia and Italy), other ranks same as before.

I have extensive claims already, and am planning on taking Alsace and Lorraine some day. After all, Franz Joseph is the rightful heir of Lorraine!

Switzerland - yes, it occurred to me that it would make the big white form a bit "more round"... Although I remember the early Habsburgs' lessons (those they had such a hard time with to learn), I have waged a short war out of a diplo crisis on Switzerland in my previous test game, and prevailed even without mountain troops so I might take on them as well - Switzerland is a nice invasion route into France!

Say, GER events will apply to me now, right? Meaning there will be the war with France in 1871?

Kensai

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:15 pm

No, GER events won't apply anymore. The GER tag has been absorbed by AUS and its old events (scripted in historical detail) would not make sense now. Other events might not make sense either in the future, you need to understand that the more you diverge from the historical outcome, the more the situation and scripted events will seem outlandish (or even plainly wrong).

I am pretty sure that if you are as successful as you have been now the game will end for you (win by Prestige: major victory) before 1920. You don't need to be first in Prestige, but achieve 100% of prestige goals, which is a metric according to the difficulties of each nation.
Großdeutschland Mod

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:19 pm

So I will have to start the war myself - no problem, I am used to it :) In all the time since 1850 I have only had one crisis yet, which was with a minor state (Hesse-Darmstadt I think), even though I have bad relations with so many states minor and major. Any way to provoke a crisis with France, except later in game about colonies (of which I do not plan to acquire many more actually, just enough to get my sugar and so)? I tried "deteriorate relations" already in my test game but never had a crisis emerge from it.

I will play until 1920 (means until game events go) even if the game is won, since I play not so much for "final victory" than for the joy of playing and the many small victories that can be achieved. I will continue this AAR, after the recent war with GB has ended it will only be from time to time, when there is a major war or something in conncetion to the after effects of unification. By trying to take most/all German speaking lands plus a few more colonies I will go even more ahistoric though.

Kensai

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Crises have other triggers as well. If I recall correctly, parking a huge military force in the borders with a nation with bad relations is a good potential firestarter. I also think high tariffs (but everyone will hate you then) can spark crises.
Großdeutschland Mod

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

December 1868

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Germany is settling down, content in the former minor states is rising slowly, strikes are fewer although quite some people are demonstrating in the streets - the Emperor's government is internationally rated 1st in social reforms, but some just cannot get enough or are so preoccupied with their discontent that they do not even realise they are now living in a realm guided by a wise ruler who cares for his peoples.

[ATTACH]27345[/ATTACH]

The war with Great Britain started as a colonial war in Ivory Coast where the British Expedition met a very fatal fate. That favor was returned though to a German expedition in which Friedrich Karl von Preußen led some mobilised troops to besiege Malta - only to find an army of regulars stationed there who did not care the least for such visitors. To bring this war to a satisfying end, the Emperor has decreed that London itself must fall, if the Empire is to gain glory (and colonies) from it. And so the hero of the Austro-Prussian war, the Freiherr von Gablenz, sets forth with his army of veterans but also with troops from the German states led by their own officers, thus using the chance to cement comradeship and loyalty between the old hands and the new members of the greater Germany. Gablenz meets the British Home army at London, just before winter sets in:

[ATTACH]27346[/ATTACH]
Attachments
London 1.png
F6.png

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Q-Kee wrote:Germany is settling down, content in the former minor states is rising slowly, strikes are fewer although quite some people are demonstrating in the streets - the Emperor's government is internationally rated 1st in social reforms, but some just cannot get enough or are so preoccupied with their discontent that they do not even realise they are now living in a realm guided by a wise ruler who cares for his peoples.

aye, I remember this post Italy unification, feeling very frustrated that they weren't all happy at the outcome.

That battle at London was grim, the lack of lost elements means that both armies were pretty well rested, so resolving this is going to take some time (and a lot of losses)
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

May 1869

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 am

loki100 wrote:That battle at London was grim, the lack of lost elements means that both armies were pretty well rested, so resolving this is going to take some time (and a lot of losses)

We had to stop for the winter since our troops are not asked to fight in the snow, but the first sunny day we quickly dealt with them. Now the problem is to make a sensible peace offer - we recieve offer after offer but never the one we truly seek.

[ATTACH]27354[/ATTACH]

The Ivory Coast is quite under control, but we do not yet have the option to make it a protectorate. Nonetheless works on a gold mine have started, and the railway is being extended into the back country. Zanzibar, as a stepping stone on the way to our new colony on the Arabian peninsular, has been made our protectorate already.
Attachments
Portsmouth.png

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Later in 1869

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 pm

A peace has finally been agreed on, giving us not only British Guyane but also the Falklands, and some out of the way town between India and China, and a territory in South West Africa - all of which we did not ask for. The Falklands might be useful as a resting place for ships, should they ever need to travel around the world - the Novara comes to mind.

Soon thereafter, Great Britain and Russia settled their dispute and ended their war which has already lasted for more than 10 years in the Paris Congress. As a result, Russia cancelled their defensive alliance with us, although we know of no reason for doing so. We have strenghtened the fortress garrisons in East Prussia but there is no obvious threat from Russia yet. Our primary armies (Gablenz, John, Ramming) are deployed on the western frontier against France, but the Empire's extensive railway network allows for redeployment of 2 armies at once in case of emergency. The Imperial Navy is said to be the greatest naval power in Europe at the moment, at least with the British Navy's ships stationed all over the world. At least ours seems to be the first navy which is composed of mostly ironclads.

Kensai

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:24 am

Too powerful. :)
Did this cancellation with Russia happen by the AI or you scripted it? Cause in my humble opinion, you will need more challenge in this game.
Großdeutschland Mod

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Isn't it challenge enough to lead all of Germany through 50 years? ;) No, it happened by itself, in the same turn of the Paris Congress which was like 15 years too late. It didn't say "Russia cancelled" but only "this agreement is no longer valid" - maybe it was cancelled by event, because I was not at war wih GB, like the game checks if Austria stands by Russia in the Crimean War and if not (if it is not at war with GB, F and Ottomans) the treaty is seen as invalidated.
I might go to war again, maybe even against Russia just for the challenge, we will see.

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Anyone got an idea why I cannot make tzhe Ivory Coast a protectorate? There are no hidden enemy troops within its boundaries, there are no undiscovered regions part of it, I have a minimum of 40% CP and 100% MC, and there is only 1 region with 35% CP by the British which I top by 10%. Could it be that you can only have a limited number of protectorates at once, like 2? I am at war with Ivory Coast, had to do that to gain the MC, must I make peace? I did not want to do that since I fear I would then be expelled and my buildings destroyed by the peace treaty.

[ATTACH]27392[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Ivory Coast 1870.png

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

No major news in 1870. We are already producing gold and coffee in the Ivory Coast*, and a factory for supplies will soon open its gates in Kumasi. Since we are in the area anyways, we have started to extend our claims to neighbouring Gold Coast, Togo and Nigeria as well, and an expedition has just arrived in Qatar which we plan to make our colony too, along with Kuwait, for the gems and oil to be found there. Our other colonies are coming along quite well, we even have our own tea now, thanks to the small patch of arable land the British gave away in the peace treaty last year. We are for the first time producing the same quantity of tropical fruit as is sold on our domestic market, sugar is nearly on this level - since our people have always been spoiled by huge overseas purchases of this commodity the demand is higher than need be actually. With new technologies we are self sufficient with wine and have even started to export some.

All is peaceful, we know of no wars in the whole world. This will change in 1871 since we plan to move against either France or Russia as preemptive strike, also Denmark is on our list of targets to free Holstein.

Our engineers have started to explore the possibilities of steel ships and torpedo boats for the navy and a multitude of improvements for the army so we are ahead in the arms race. Russia as the second best nation has about 35% of our military power at the moment. The only thing we lack is leaders on the corps level for independent commands.

*His Majesty was absolutely not amused when a keen young officer on the staff reviewed the maps of the colonial areas and found out that the military personnel on site have always mistaken the colonial area for the Ashante tribal area - the project of the Ivory Coast protectorate will need much more work than was planned since it is much more extensive than was reported for the last 2 years, but at least it is now known that more mapping and colonial projects will be necessary to finally make it a protectorate.

Kensai

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Do you get resistance by the local tribes or other colonial nations so far?
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “PON AARs”