numahr
Sergeant

1-post report on Spartacus game

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 am

I just won my first game as Spartacus and decided to report about it considering the strange conditions.

I headed South as the game strongly suggests and created my little kingdom there, trying to negotiate with the pirates. I did not cross into Sicilia, as this would have spread my forces more than I was comfortable with. As I had the feeling that sieging forts level 2+ would take ages, I did not start any such siege.

I also lunched a limited scale offensive northward with one of Spartacus' lieutenant. I left a few units in the province of Rome to make a token siege and attacked cities with level 1 fort until my Northern force was too depleted.

The AI, once it assembled an army, disputed control of Corfu, Rhegium and fought major engagements with my main army led by Spartacus 2 or 3 times. Every time was a Roman "victory", but had both of us knocked down for 1 or 2 months, really, before we could start operations again.

Here was the state of affairs when I was told that Rome had surrendered! I had almost forgotten my appr. 100-power sieging force there. But the AI also forgot about it! To the point that starving Roman citizens, notables and Senators gave the key to the small slave mob assembled in the hills around. in a desperate act to be given bread. Ans so while there were several legions were inflicting one more defeat to Spartacus in the South!

So this game seems to reflect a wrong definition of priorities by the AI. Obviously at some point some forces should have cleaned up the Roma region from petty besiegers.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm

You don't get it: the caesar let Roma invaded :siffle: , to better take it back from the slave newly masters and be the good invader :innocent: and be at last the new ruler of Roma, instead of the bad starving one :king: .

Return to “AJE: Alea Jacta Est AARs”