Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:42 pm

For what it might be worth I have been using HARDE with AJE for some time now and am quite pleased with the added difficulty that it imposes on the Player. I have it installed using the Generic Mod Enabler and so can roll the game back to stock for updates. I have used it so far for the Third Samnite War and Crassus scenarios with no significant issues noted. So far I am finding that it forces me to look to my lines of communications and logistics more than previously and extended operations deep in hostile or looted areas becomes far more difficult, all of which seems reasonable.

I have not yet attempted any of the Second Punic War scenarios as yet and so cannot comment on the 219 scenario mod.

This is a well thought out mod that often seems to give more reasonable results than the Stock game; thanks and congratulations to Numahr and anyone else involved and I'm very much looking forward to any future developments.

-C

numahr
Sergeant

Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi

I am glad this mod contributed to the enjoyment of fellow players :)

On the single player and AI issue, I think the AI can handle it OK as long as the scenario parameters give the AI a rather defensive role with a good logistical system. In the case of the 3rd Samnite war, supply is never far away, especially for the Romans, so it can work OK. Still, be aware that your AI may under-perform; this will be compensated by the fact that you also need to be more careful on certain parameters.

I have slightly tweaked the values since the latest release and I will update accordingly the first page. The Scenario adaptation for the 2nd Punic War, based on HARDE, is developed by rominet with many interesting mechanics so I will let him explain and publish it.

rominet
Sergeant

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi

this is the first release of the mod for HAN -219 scenario, an adaption for HARDE mod of Numahr.

You need a AJE HAN installation with the 1.01 RC patch or 1.01 patch.

Next, copy past the HAN file in your "Hannibal Terror of Rome" installation.
When it asks to erase, say "yes".

This is the 03 version: (3rd edition)
The attachment HAN.rar is no longer available

This mod contains:
* the last version of HARDE mod (0.4)
* the STORM mod (0.2) See here for more informations: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37910-STORM-mod&p=332415&viewfull=1#post332415
* the HARDE adapted -219 scenario.

I can not explain all modifications it contains (it is up to you to discover them) but there are many.
However, i have to shortly explain some things you have to know before playing. Some are critical.

I) First, you have to know that there is no need to pay for replacements in order to repair damaged elements in units.
That's a characteristic of HARDE. Normal replacements are totaly free.
See here for definition of "Normal replacement" and "Replacement of destroyed elements": http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37642-HARDE-Harsher-Attrition-Realism-and-Decisive-Engagements&p=331099&viewfull=1#post331099
What you need to receive replacements for your damaged elements is to fill the restricted conditions already explained (extra supply and so on ...).

Be aware that there is a compensation as now, cost of unkeep of yours troops is much higher than in vanilla. Don't build too big army or navy if you don't need them.

II) Second, when you lose some elements (cohorts in legion for example), as already explained, you need at least a level 1 depot to receive new elements but sometimes, it is not enough.
Indeed, some units need you pay (in F2 screen) to retrieve elements, some others units retrieve their elements without any cost.

For example, legions usually retrieve their elements (cohorts) without any cost: at the rate of 1 per turn where there is a depot, not more.
But for Alae, it is the opposite, you usually have to pay. (For example, if your Alae has lost its Socii Extraordinares elements, you have to click once on "Socii line infantry" in F2 screen).

An other example with Carthage: quinqueremis usually receive free new quinquerem squadron.
For triremis, you have to pay to get new trireme squadron.

It is up to you to discover which elements need to be paid or not.

III) Pay great attention to RGD cards; there are new of them and most have totaly different effets than in vanilla.

IV) Don't hesitate to make EP reserve; most diplomatic and military decisions are very expensive in EP and you also often need EP to use RGD cards.

V) Loyalty is a very important parameter now.
If your loyalty goes down 75%, you undergo a 50% supply penalty (HARDE modification) which can have great consequence on your replacement capability in province.
Moreover, loyalty can have great effect in siege; see especially Traitor card, Surrender card, Punish card.

VI) Take care when you make a Requisition or a Slave RGD, a far more great revolt (compared to vanilla's one) could occur.

Now, i have to give my own point of wiew:
this mod is especially made for PBEM game.
Of course, you can play against AI if you wish but AI is unable to understand the new replacement system of HARDE so give AI big bonus if you want a challenge.

I also suggest to use 2 house rules for more realism:
don't make loyalty attack on the 2 capitals (Carthage, Rome)
don't send warships in ship merchants box.

Occasionaly, i will update the mod (as it is still a work in progress). All previous saves will be compatible with.

Don't hesite to ask questions about the mod and the HARDE system, it is not easy to understand how everything is working at first stage.
Attachments
HAN.rar
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 305 times

numahr
Sergeant

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Mod updated to 0.5 on first page (Rominet's package includes this version, in fact)

Franciscus

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi

Just to remember that official 1.01 patch for HAN is already out. There are some diferences vs the RC patch.

Cheers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

numahr
Sergeant

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Hi Fransiscus - thanks for the reminder.
In fact the main files modified by HARDE are not impacted by the 1.01 patch (GameRules.opt and GameLogic.opt), so the mod remains valid as is.

rominet
Sergeant

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:23 am

Franciscus wrote:Hi

Just to remember that official 1.01 patch for HAN is already out. There are some diferences vs the RC patch.

Cheers

Thanks for information, i hadn't seen a new patch was released 3 days ago.
I confirm that the mod has been made with 1.01 RC patch.
However, except for minor points in events files, it should be perfectly compatible with the new 1.01 patch.
You only have to patch your installation before installation of the mod.

The mod has been edited a first time!

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:48 pm

rominet wrote:Are you talking about the HARDE mod only or the adapted scenario HAN -219 or both?

I say that because the available scenario on this thread is totaly obsolete now; if you want the update, tell me.

HI

May I have the update please

thank you

Mark

numahr
Sergeant

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:07 am

My mod is updated on the original post

Rominet's complementary mod is there, a few posts above, and also linked in my original post for ease of reference.

You can't get lost! ;)

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 am

Hi

Numahr - really appreciate the update

regards

Mark

rominet
Sergeant

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi

i have discovered a mistake concerning the Traitor RGD, the loyalty should be between 75% and 95%, not between 75% and 100%.
And also a small text mistake concerning the -214 Legion/Alae event (it is 4 Legions/Alae, not 2).

So, or you unload, unzip and copy-paste the 2-Traitor file in HAN\GameData\RgnDecisions and LocalStrings_AJE in HAN\Settings of your installation

or you simply unload again the complete mod HAN in your installation. See here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37642-HARDE-Harsher-Attrition-Realism-and-Decisive-Engagements&p=339903&viewfull=1#post339903

The mod has just been updated and all saves are compatible with these small changes.

[ATTACH]32831[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]32832[/ATTACH]
Attachments
LocalStrings_AJE.rar
(1013.86 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
2-Traitor .rar
(593 Bytes) Downloaded 286 times

rominet
Sergeant

Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:55 am

The third edition of the mod has been updated.

See here for download: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37642-HARDE-Harsher-Attrition-Realism-and-Decisive-Engagements&p=339903&viewfull=1#post339903

All previous saves are compatible with.

1) RGD "Enslave" and "Scorched earth" needs a legion (or equivalent) now.
2) A possible bug concerning the "Insubra revolt" (who was happening too slowly) has been fixed.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Excellent, Thank You! I have installed them into my AJE installation using the Generic Mod Enabler and everything seems to work as intended in AJE, BOR and HAN scenarios so far. Very nice additions to the AJE franchise.

-C

Franciscus

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 pm

rominet wrote:The third edition of the mod has been updated.

See here for download: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37642-HARDE-Harsher-Attrition-Realism-and-Decisive-Engagements&p=339903&viewfull=1#post339903

All previous saves are compatible with.

1) RGD "Enslave" and "Scorched earth" needs a legion (or equivalent) now.
2) A bug concerning the "Insubra revolt" (who was not happening) has been fixed.

Hi, rominet.

Thank you for your AJE modding, much appreciated

I want to ask you what bug did you fix in the Insubrian revolt, because in HAN 1.01 a fix was made to the NM requirements and I am sure the event fired ok on my testing.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HanBarca
Corporal

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:12 pm

rominet wrote:Ok!!

//Replacements

rulRecoverHit = 1 // <--- Modded by Numahr (credit to RSR Mod by HanBarca to identify this change) / 1 in Primus Pilus Edition, 2 in Vanilla

I'm glad to see my little mod has been incorporated in a bigger project :)
It's been a long time since I tested those values, but I think I can confirm that rulRecoverHit is one of the most important values regarding replacement, and that the 2 value doesn't seem to work as expected.

ifailmore
Sergeant

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:37 am

is this mod updated?? as for Franciscus post above anyone tested it or has it been fix for this mod???

numahr
Sergeant

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:09 am

Thanks for interest
- The core mod by myself remains perfectly up-to-date. Its code is minimalist so it will likely remain up to date for ever...
- The Hannibal scenario module by Rominet is a re-balance module. In a way re-balance is never really finished. But it is pretty well complete.
Hope it clarifies :)

ifailmore
Sergeant

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:27 am

when it say give bonus to ai due to the replenishment changes do I just give them harder AI setting or detection, activation bonus? im assuming that the replenishment setting being paid that the ai will run out of money how do i give that extra resources to the ai? what setting do i change

Doe this work for AJE+PON+PW as well as HAn on seperate install?

numahr
Sergeant

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:37 pm

- bonus is whatever you may think of.
- HARDE makes replenishment less expensive BUT logistically more complicated (need to be in a depot and need to "consume" supply points). Thus the AI does not risk to run out of funds but risks to miss the conditions to replenish its armies, as the programmers did not program the AI to handle HARDE constraints.
- For this reason HARDE is more suitable to multi-player, or single players where your side is somehow a challenge already.

Return to “AJE Mods”