ajarnlance
General of the Army

CSV splitter for AJE??

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Does the CSV splitter program work for AJE/BOR games??
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Pocus

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Yes it does!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

anjou
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Good to know!

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Pocus wrote:Yes it does!

Thanks Pocus!!
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Starsky
Private

Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi all

I would potentially be very interested by modding out a small new scenario for BOR/HAN (nothing over ambitious, I am too new on this). As I am discovering the database / CSV Splitter and the amount of information to digest is quite huge, I would like to know if there is any plan to give access to the Excel files in the future, like for ROP. It would certainly help me out! I imagine it would only be when the planned expansions are all done.

Thanks again for the great work and your disponibility.

PhilThib

Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Just send an email to pthibaut@ageod.net and we'll send it to you

Starsky
Private

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:09 am

Hi felllow modders!

So I have been working on my own little scenario those last few weeks and the Excel files start to look like something. Thanks again to Thibault for the databases who helped me a lot and allowed me to get a little bit more ambitious (creation of subfactions, some interesting new events / options, etc). It is indeed a big task but quite fun. I just hope that it is not too buggy (well, I just hope first that it is gonna work, hehe)... To see the script working would be a nice experience.

I have a few technical difiiculties, thought. Among those, I am trying to understand how the unit geographic system works. I would like to create new units and if the Unit / model excel files are quite clear, I can't find the precise zone of recruitement. To be clear, if I see the region (italy, africa, etc...) and the type of location (cities / port, etc), how can I elect the different precise locations of recruitement? (like, for example, how can I see why the carthaginian forces can only be recruited in Carthage city and not somewhere else in the african punic territory?).
The final idea is to distribute units in subfaction zones.

Thanks in advance for your help

Bohémond

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:18 am

Hello,

In the Unit DB file, Area column defines where unit are buildable.
This Cell must be filled with a valid Area Alias.
The Area aliases can be found in AJE/Aliases/Areas_Aliases.ini and MetaAreas_Aliases.ini.
Areas definition can be found in AJE/Gamedata/Areas.ini.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Starsky
Private

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:27 am

Wow, that was fast. I will check the Area Alias tonight then. Thanks a lot!

Starsky
Private

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:37 am

I found them. I created new areas by modifying directly the in files (both listing and definition). Thanks for the tip
Regarding the units, do I have to alos modify the unit alias files as well or the unit excel database is enough (I am only using existing models to make it easier)?

Bohémond

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:11 am

I not fully understand what you want t odo with ',unit''.

Do you want to create a new one or modify a existing one ?

Regards

Starsky
Private

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:43 am

Sorry about the confusion. I want to create new ones, by using existing models (I simply change the faction, the colors, and the area). I already created them in the Unit excel file, and they match with the ones integrated in my scenario script. Should it be enough to launch the csv splitter, or should I also modify the Unit alias ini file with the new units?

Bohémond

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:06 pm

The csv splitter will generate a new alias file uni_Alias.ini when you will export your csv file with it.

This file must replace the existing one in AJE/Aliases.

Regards

Starsky
Private

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:40 am

Once again thanks for the tips (and sorry for the delay)

So I created my new units (quite a few), established all the city controls, almost completed the scenario set-up, created all the new options with their stringes. I also almost finished the events.

Again, I have some questions. After checking the mercenary buying options, I can't find where to modify the buying limits (3 for balearic, 8 for gallics, etc...). Is it in the unit database or directly in the option script? I can't really find out. It is not really essential, but it is to limit super stacks (I always have trouble when we have >80000 soldiers armies...)

Hopefully, everything would be ready to test in a few weeks.

Bohémond

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 am

What options are you using, the ones from BOR scenario ?

Starsky
Private

Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Yes I used the BOR ones

Bohémond

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:02 am

If you got the excell files, please take a look at Options file, Mil Options Tab.

Each Option has a regen event.

The Occurrences value ot this event will set ''buying limits''.

Is this the information you are looking for ?

Regards

Starsky
Private

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:16 am

When you say occurrences, you main the "StartEvent" of the regen event in the Excel files?
(for ex, StartEvent=5 would mean that the event can occur 5 more times, for a total of 6)

That is weird because in the Excel files, the strings are not consistent with th StartEvent entries ("1 received, then up to 6 in total", when StartEvent=999). Maybe the probability rate of regen makes the difference?

Bohémond

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:13 pm

It should.

You can have a look at ScriptReport to knwon what are the values for Current Occurrence and Maximun Occurrence

Regards

Franciscus

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi, Starsky

Maybe an exemple will help.

In the FPW scenario, Carthage has the option to recruit Celtic Mercenaries, and this option can regenerate.

The relevant section of the script is this:

SelectFaction = $CAR
StartEvent = evt_nam_CAR_Hire_CelticMercenaries_Regen|5|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = -264/01/01
TurnIndex = 1;3
Probability = 15
ActorDisabled = $gmaOptionMil;CAR_Hire_CelticMercenaries

EvalRgnOwned = $Gades
EvalEngagementPts = >=;5
EvalMoney = >=;100
EvalVP = >=;5

Actions
GenTextMsg = opt_notify_CAR_Hire_CelticMercenaries_Regen;1;NULL;NULL;NULL
ChangeActorPool = $gmaOptionMil;MaxUse;1;ImageID;Event-Img_Mercenary03.png;Money;100;EP;5;VP;5;Title;opt_title_CAR_Hire_CelticMercenaries;MsgString;opt_desc_CAR_Hire_CelticMercenaries;ToolString;opt_hint_CAR_Hire_CelticMercenaries;SubType;CAR_Hire_CelticMercenaries;

EndEvent
NULL = NULL

So, this regen event can happen 5 times, starting from -264/01/01, only on turns 1 or 3 (turn zero is January), with a very low probability of firing (15%), if the option is not active, and only if Gades is owned and resources are available.

The relevant string text in this case is:

The option will allow you to recruit Celtic mercenaries, at the cost of some money, EP and VP, and can be reissued up to 5 times in the game. Use them wisely…

Hope this helps

Regards. Looking forward to hear more about your scenario :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Starsky
Private

Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 am

Hi... and happy new year!

Thanks for the tip, I followyour remarks and updated the events in consequence.

Ok, so I think I advanced enough to go on testing. I have now modified / created different files:

the scenario file (with set up, events and cities)
the option file (with mil, dip and gov options)
the subfactions file
the winter quarters file (as the exisitng ones didn't integrate one of my factions)
the modified uni-alias, areas and meta area files (new areas of recruitment)
the modified model file (new models added)
the modified uni file (new unit added)

All of this (except the alias / areas files, that I simply modified) are in Excel for now. All of them have strings (even some are empty for now. I will update everything later, I just want to see if my events work)

I have some questions regaridng the csv splitter proper: how can I intregrate / generate the model/ uni / subfactions scripts? I can see that the tool can deal with the events / cities and se tup, but what about the rest (including strings)?

Bohémond

Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:39 pm

Happy new year to you too.

For data exports , open CSV Splitter, go to Convert Data Tab, chose your output extension and then select the columns for file name and alias.

Regards

Starsky
Private

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks again for the help.

So I managed for the unit and model files. Looks ok. I also created the setup / event / cities files. The same (well,I will only know when launched...) But I still have some problems:

how do you integrate the strings? (if the event / setup extracts only the csv files, how can the strings be included? Looks weird)
how do you generate the winter quarters / options files? It lookslike you need to generate INC files, but what element of the splitter should I use? I cheated for the subfactions as I integrated them directly in the set up, but I am not sure you can reasonably do it for the rest.

Bohémond

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Strings are integrated in LocalStrings file. The source file is a .xls, the exported file is .csv located in AJE/Settings.

.inc Files are generated using the Setup/Events Tab of the CSV Splitter. The name of the .inc file is in the .xls source file (usually Line 3/Colum D) just after ScriptName Command. Do you have the source files for WinterQuarters ?

Regards

Starsky
Private

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:19 pm

Following your comment, I checked the localstrings file in the settings directory. It is a unique file: how can I include all my strings / texts from all the different files I created?
Also, I saw that the option files exist in 2 versions: sct files in events directory, and INC files in scripts files. Should I convert the csv file in both versions and include them in the appropriate directories?

I have the sourcefiles for winter quarters (excel / csv). I took one excel file from an existing scenario and just copied / updated it.

Bohémond

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:23 pm

You need the LocalStrings .xls source file to include your strings in it.

OptionT0 in Includes folder and Option in Events folder come from two differents .xls source file.

Regards

Starsky
Private

Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Ok, I found it. I am gonna have some data transfer to do, apparently.
I also got the OptionTO file. I need to investigate more about this one, as I have no idea how it is organised for now.

Thanks again.

Starsky
Private

Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:42 pm

One quick qestion: do all the options (even the one not yet available at turn 0) have to be listed in the OptionTO file? Or just putting the ones available from the start is enough?

Bohémond

Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Only the Options that you want be to be ON at start must be listed in OptionT0 file.

Regards

Return to “AJE Mods”