Ardashir
Conscript

Subfaction unit colors

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 pm

I wanted to ask how to acheive the different background colors for separate subfactions.
I tried editing the subfaction files in the includes folder, as well as designate units specific to that subfaction in the script file.

Despite my efforts, the subfaction units remain with a color background of the main faction instead of having their specific subfaction color.
Example: Seleucids are a main faction, Aetolians and Cappadocians are subfactions of the Seleucid faction. However Cappadocian and Aetolian units added still have the default brown Seleucid color, instead of their own nation colors (Green for Aetolia etc).

Bohémond

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Ardashir wrote:I wanted to ask how to acheive the different background colors for separate subfactions.
I tried editing the subfaction files in the includes folder, as well as designate units specific to that subfaction in the script file.

Despite my efforts, the subfaction units remain with a color background of the main faction instead of having their specific subfaction color.
Example: Seleucids are a main faction, Aetolians and Cappadocians are subfactions of the Seleucid faction. However Cappadocian and Aetolian units added still have the default brown Seleucid color, instead of their own nation colors (Green for Aetolia etc).

Wich Scenario are playing ?

To display it's own color Background a subfaction must be part of the NativeTag of the main Faction (GameData/Factions).

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Ardashir
Conscript

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks for teh speedy and very helpfull reply :D

I bought Birth of Rome and really enjoying it, but thought it could use more scenarios. Thus I decided to see if I'm able to write my own scenario based on the Roman-Seleucid war of 191 BC. So far it seems I'm doing good, though still need to get a grasp of how to add new commanders.

I tried testing it by using some of the "Future Use" slots to make the Aetolian commander Thoas. I edited the .uni file in the units folder (whith proper alias etc), then the corresponding .mdl file in the models folder (again with the alias etc plus using one of the existing leader graphics portraits) and last the mdl_Alias.ini and uni_Alias.ini.
However the game still displays a question mark on the unit, and seems not to recogniz ethe new unit as a commander at all. Is there any other file that neads tweaking here?

Bohémond

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Do not forget to delete the .cached files (GameData/Models and GameData/Units) after each DB Modification.

The engine will regenerate them with your modifications.

Do not hesitate to ask if you need something.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Ardashir
Conscript

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Bohémond wrote:Do not forget to delete the .cached files (GameData/Models and GameData/Units) after each DB Modification.

The engine will regenerate them with your modifications.

Do not hesitate to ask if you need something.

Regards

Thanks, that did the trick. :D

Return to “AJE Mods”