bob.
General

How to make a faction playable?

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 am

Can anyone tell me how to do it? I don't want to make any other changes, simply being able to play a faction that is usually only playable by the AI!

If it is possible by console, that's fine with me too! But the problem is, I can't even manage to open the console in the first place :bonk: (German keyboard problem maybe?)

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:13 pm

You could try contacting Laruku, as he made a mod enabling the Didians as a player faction.

Leibst

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 pm

i can tell you bob that it is not simple. You have to change many things starting with the scenary excel file.
Read the scenary excel and try to understand what it does. That is the first step i think.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

bob.
General

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Oh, that is a bit disappointing :(
I thought it was maybe like in PON, where I found this thread: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?22738-PON-PAN-Playing-Any-Nation

Can you tell me where I can find the excel files for AJE/BOR?

Franciscus

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:08 am

bob. wrote:Can you tell me where I can find the excel files for AJE/BOR?

They are not yet available to the general public, sorry

Bohémond

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 am

There are several ways to make a faction playable ;

From Excel files ;
From .scn files (AJE/scens)
From .ini files (AJE/scripts)
Using the console.

Let me know wich faction/scenario you want to make playable and I will do a kind a Template step by step that could be reuse for others factions/scenarios.

2 points ;

The main difference between non playable and playable factions is hundreds of hours of work. So there is a risk that factions that are designed not to be playable would be quite boring to play.
These ''mods'' will never been official.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

bob.
General

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Yes Bohemond, I realise. I would not expect that, just want to take a look at their troops and leaders etc and maybe try to play them myself to see how good they really are!

So could you show me how to make the Hispanian tribes playable in the Marius vs Sulla scenario? Thanks a lot in advance :coeurs:

Hobbes

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Removing the SetFacUnselect command in the excel file allows me to at least look at other factions as long as there are not more than three other factions in play (more than this and I think there will be an error).

Cheers,
Chris

Bohémond

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 am

Step by step ;

1 ; Open ScriptMS87.ini (AJE/Scripts) with Notepad.

2 ; Ctrl+F for CreateFaction = $LUS
3 : lines below you will find SetFacUnselect = 1
4 ; Delete SetFacUnselect = 1
5 ; Save your file as Script.ini
6 ; Launch the Editor

Run the game. As soon as you see the message about loading textures (10%...), strike on the F9 key.
You will noticed on the top right-hand side of the loading screen the mention “Editor Mode”.
Wait until you see the game map and your scenario units magically appears in front of you…
If they don’t, you’ll either get an error message or nothing (more exactly you get the load menu)…in which case you did something wrong in the previous steps!
7 ; – Check and Save

Once the scenario appears on the screen, you can have a look around it as you wish.
Then click on the save button.
Your scenario is now saved.

The new scn file should overwrite the existing MS87 one (1-MariusSulla87.scn in AJE/scens). You can do a backup of it before going through the step by step process for safety purpose.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Return to “AJE Mods”