HanBarca
Corporal

AJE RSR - Road, Supply and Replacement

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:55 pm

This mod changes only a few settings regarding supply, movement and replacement:

Lower supply / ammo generation
With the standard settings, I never or rarely had any problem with supply - always at full or almost full. The new settings tone down the supply generation, forcing to plan more to stay in full supply.

Slower movement on roads
With the standard settings, Sulla could march from Dyracchium to Thebes in 4 days - Definitely too fast. The new settings give IMO a more realistic road movement.

Less causalties replacement
With the standard settings, even in hard attrition, armies in full supply replace almost all their losses even when moving at full speed.
The new settings force an army to be in a depot area to receive replacements. This eliminates the "resurrection" effect, as when an army beaten hardly in battle is practically back at full strength in a single turn.
Attachments
AJE_RSR.rar
(11.8 KiB) Downloaded 441 times

PhilThib

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks

Hobbes

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Sounds good!

Yarpen
Private

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Is this mod compatible with 1.02? Or maybe some of these changes were implemented in the newest patch?

numahr
Sergeant

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Using Notepad++, I found and inserted the game changes brought by RSR into the latest public patch, ie as of 2 february. Updated file is available there.

Note: I have no link with the mod creator and share these files as he did not reply for some time.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks for this. I activated the mod using Jon Scone's Generic Mod Enabler available below, rather than overwriting stock files. One advantage of JSGME is that you just deactivate the mod(s) when game patches are installed and then re-enable them after updating and taking a new snapshot of the stock game.

JSGME

After installing JSGME into the AJE directory and creating the snapshot of stock AJE as per instruction I just renamed the mods' AJE folder to RSR and dropped it into the newly created MODS folder. Once activated the mod seems to work as intended (and in doing so makes fighting the Cantabarians that much more difficult; cool!).

I use JSGME exclusively to mod WW1G but this is my first crack at installing mods with it in mainstream AGEOD games.

Thanks again.

HanBarca
Corporal

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Sorry guys, didn't notice the new replies on the thread.

Here's the 1.02 compatible RSR mod; I've also added an advantage for biesieged force during sieges as the bieseger losses were IMO too low.
Attachments
AJE_RSR_102.rar
(11.74 KiB) Downloaded 435 times

Chai Chai
Conscript

Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:06 am

I have noticed the same things, armies are currently too resilient and battles seem to have very little long term effects. I would like to give this a try, does it work with the BOR beta .02?

HanBarca
Corporal

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 am

Nope (I don't have BOR....yet), but here's the list of the value I've changed:

gamelogic.opt
terPercCostClearMajorRoad
Coefficent or real terrain cost paid to move along major road
Old value = 025
New Value = 050
sieExtraModifier
Extra modifiier during sieges (positive helps the besieger)
Old value = 0
New Value = -3
supLowLoyaltyThreshold
Loyalty value below which the supLowLoyaltyCoeff variable is used to determine the supply production
Old value = –1 (inactive)
New Value = 75
supLowLoyaltyCoeff
Coefficent used to determine supply generated by a region if its loyalty is below supLowLoyaltyThreshold value
Old value = commented
New value = 50

gamerules.opt
rulRecoverHit
Rule used by a force to recover hits
Old value = 2
New value = 1

1-Fort.str
Supply
Old value = 1
New value = 0
FillAmmo
Old value = 1
New value = 0

4-Village.str
Supply
Old value = 2
New Value = 1
FillAmmo
Old Value = 1
New Value = 0

5-Settlement.str
Supply
Old value = 2
New value = 0
FillAmmo
Old value = 1
New value = 0

8-Castrum.str
Supply
Old value = 2
New value = 1

wryun
Sergeant

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:03 am

Thanks for doing this, think I'll try it out. I'm surprised there's no change - at least - to the sieExtraModifier in the official version. Assaults really are overpowered.

Ech Heftag
Sergeant

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Interesting! Any news regarding compatibility with BoR?

HanBarca
Corporal

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 am

Nope......but in this thread you can find a complete list of the files I've modded; it's quite simple and helps in experimenting a little.
BTW, The "Parthian Wars" expansion already includes my value for the terPercCostClearMajorRoad parameter.

Return to “AJE Mods”