Laruku
General of the Army

Pirates of the Mediterranean Sea

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:17 pm

I have released the Pirates from the scenario "The Great Mithridatic War". You may play any of the four factions, included the pirates. So far this mod is quite limited, because:

-you can't build new units, but you can buy reinforcements
-you don't have regional or political options. You don't need them, anyway. Remember, you are a pirate!

You will earn money every new year, starting on Mars. You are free to destroy the Roman trade, conquer Roman cities or roaming about, free as the wind. That's up to you.

I have made this scenario "light" on purpose. Just two files: the pirates.scn and the new frise. So no need to backup anything.

No name in the scenario list, just a number, because I haven't used a modified LocalStrings file. This is made on purpose. But you'll see the pirate flag to pick it.

I will consider making a real scenario according to public wishes. Just tell ne what you want. I was thinking to add more target cities, a new leader and maybe some events.

Download link:

https://www.box.com/s/d61snugl5kg7dbu1bqel

To install it:

Unrar the files inside your AJE folder. You don't need to backup anything. This is a clean install.

Some pictures:

Sir Garnet

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Interesting. Do new pirates spawn in game that join the faction?

Laruku
General of the Army

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm

No. The pirates are the same as the beginning. They can recover after being injured, but no new units are created. Furthermore, I have noticed that they are not able to totally conquest a city with a fort: you kill all the people inside, gain moral and victory points, but the structure still belongs to Rome, and if you try to raze it, new Roman garrisons spawn.

I think this is something to do with these entries:

SelectFaction = $PIR
RulSuddenDeath = 0
RulPettyWar = 1
AutoRaiseON = 0
SetScorchEarthInfos = 80;95;10;10;10;x;x;x;x
SetFacMaxEntrench = 0

Compare to the Roman faction:

SelectFaction = $ROM
RulSuddenDeath = 1
RulPettyWar = 0
AutoRaiseON = 0

SetScorchEarthInfos = 5;10;10;10;0;x;x;x;x
SetFacMaxEntrench = 4

Something I should investigate further.

Playing with them I was able to conquer cities without a fort and to destroy ALL the Roman trade. I guess this must hurt a lot :)

By the way, no penalties when adding pirates in a stack. You can make a megastack with all your pirates lead by Zenicetus if you please. The same with the ships, led by the other guy.

I think there are other scenarios where pirates are able to play a role. Let's investigate that.

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:07 am

As an outsider (I haven't bought the game yet), I suggest making a diplomatic options of allying your Pirate kingdom with Pontus and Sertorius against Rome, or with Rome against Pontus. This might add a new flavor and transform you from a band of Pirates into an empire of mercenaries(!).

Narwhal

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:30 pm

What would be outstanding is if you could make a playable faction out of the Spaniards in the Marius vs Sulla scenario. They are powerful enough to be played.

I am afraid the Pirates don't have much for themselves, unfortunately.

PhilThib

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Narwhal wrote:What would be outstanding is if you could make a playable faction out of the Spaniards in the Marius vs Sulla scenario. They are powerful enough to be played..

It will be the case when someone makes the Pompeius vs Pirates campaign :thumbsup:

Return to “AJE Mods”