wijse

wijse's AJE graphic modifications

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Here are some of my work in process and work nearly done.

In this thread i will post stuff i have made/altered for my own pleasure and maybe some stuff i have made for other people.

[CENTER]Roman Units[/CENTER]

Official file name ROM_Praetorian3 made by PANGI

Image made by PANGI

Image modified by me

I colored the pteruges leather brownish, gave him golden scale armor and made his chain mail armor cover his arms and gave him the same helmet just with different colors. Trousers and shirts covering the arms were already starting to be common among legionaries during Marcus Aurelius.

I might redo this one completely. I have only done the UNIT version of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legionary in the age of Septimus Severus

This is a picture of a legionary and cavalryman during the severan period from 193 to 235. The legionary wears a brass Imperial-Italic H helmet.

Image made by PANGI

Compare the art above with this unit done by PANGI. Unfortunately there isn't any mid late roman cavalry in the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official file name ROM_Mid_Empire_Legion9 made by PANGI
Image made by PANGI

Image modified by me

Severan Legionary. The only stuff i did with this was giving the pteruges a leather brown color. I thought the red colored pteruges was making it difficult to distinguish the clothing from the pteruges.

[ATTACH]20040[/ATTACH] <-- 70% Portrait and Unit versions done the only thing missing is the army version.
Attachments
ROM_Mid_Empire_Legion9.rar
(28.9 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

Hobbes

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Very nice wijse! :thumbsup:

I'm looking for units for AD270 - but if I use units from this later period at least they will be closer to the time period of my Aurelain scenario.

Cheers,
Chris

wijse

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Hobbes wrote:Very nice wijse! :thumbsup:

I'm looking for units for AD270 - but if I use units from this later period at least they will be closer to the time period of my Aurelain scenario.

Cheers,
Chris

You mean 170AD?

Hobbes

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm

No - 270

wijse

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Hobbes wrote:No - 270

Ok you got me confused there. I will try to make something useful for this period as well.

Are you looking into creating a scenario about the Palmyrene Empire?

We might be looking at something like this, except these are Preatorians.

(Click to enlarge)
The wounding of Gallienus during the siege of Postumus (265 AD)

I've read at the roman army talk forum that around 215 AD and onwards Cavalry helmets became popular among infantry.

Heddenheim Helmet.

http://romanrecruit.weebly.com/arms--armour.html

Hobbes

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Yes - Palmyrene Empire to the east and the Gallic Empire to the west (Barbarians to the north)
Any graphics you make will certainly be included in the scenario wijse - I can add new models to the scenario so there is no problem getting in as many as you choose to make.

Thanks,
Chris
P.S. also it seems that Aurelain may have been planning an attack against the Sassanids when he was murdered so I would like to add a what-if possibility to the scenario as well.

wijse

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Updated the main thread.

Also Hobbes, i have looked at Osprey books about the Sassanids and all of the Parthian infantry in the game are based on Osprey Sassanids, only the Parthian cavalry in the game is based on Osprey Parthian art.

Hobbes

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm

wijse wrote:Updated the main thread.

Also Hobbes, i have looked at Osprey books about the Sassanids and all of the Parthian infantry in the game are based on Osprey Sassanids, only the Parthian cavalry in the game is based on Osprey Parthian art.

Thanks for the info

Ahenobarbus
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:17 pm

C'est bien fait. It is beautiful. Bon travail. :)
[CENTER]@@@ :D Belge et fier de l'être !!!@@@[/CENTER]
Je joue à [color="#cc0033"]Alea Jacta Est (AJE)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Birth of Rome (BOR)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Revolution Under Siege (RUS)[/color]
AAR's : Bellum Samniticum Tertium (BOR) - Un fauteuil pour deux (AJE)

Return to “AJE Mods”