Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

SPW Syracusae loyalty bug

Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:31 am

Hi,

In a recent game I have encountered an oddity where the region of Syracusae has no loyalty to anyone. I am not sure how this happened, I did not notice until the game was finished. It could have been like this for a while. My opponent did use the option to assassinate Hieronymos, perhaps that is the culprit. Having no loyalty in the region prevents any Syracusae units from being built in the region.
[ATTACH]34390[/ATTACH]

Here is the saved game. Sorry, no logs.
[ATTACH]34391[/ATTACH]
Attachments
PunicApe-vs-RomanArrow.zip
(300.3 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
syracusea.png

Franciscus

Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:14 am

Hi

Yes, should be fixed in next patch

Sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:24 am

No worries. That game is over. The Roman senate decided to kill themselves rather than face the humiliation of rowing my elephants back to Carthage in small dingies.

Another couple things I noticed that seemed odd:

When Syphax declares war on Carthage in 213 the event lists that is should remove the unit/s of Numidian calvary (Merc. Equites Mae.). It did not seem to remove any of the hired mercenaries.

When Syracusae switches sides, the Mercenarii units are not removed from Roman control. This could be intentional since they are mercenaries. However, after the switch they were left alone in the Syracusae region and immediately engaged in battle to be destroyed and unlocked the entire Syracusae force. Maybe they should be moved somewhere?

Also, the hotkeys for building a depot and changing to defensive posture are the same, shift+d.

Franciscus

Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi

Syracusae issue should be fixed for next patch, IIRC

Syphax issue: There maybe a problem, because the event removes the unit Merc. Equites Mae.. This will not do anything if no such unit has been recruited via a military option of Carthage. But as this option may regenerate (although very rarely), if more than one such unit exists this may not work properly...(not sure)

Hotkeys: indeed, tooltip is erroneous and it's not exclusive to AJE (RUS is the same). shift-D changes to defensive posture. I do not know if any shortcut exists for building depots (I do not use shortcut keys, in fact...)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:27 am

Franciscus wrote:Merc. Equites Mae.[/I]. This will not do anything if no such unit has been recruited via a military option of Carthage. But as this option may regenerate (although very rarely), if more than one such unit exists this may not work properly...(not sure)

I had at least three of the units from the option. None were removed.

Return to “Help to improve AJE”