vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Hannibal is now somewhat scary, thanks to the beta patch!

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:05 pm

I have started a new game of the 218 scenario, with the beta patch, and it greatly improves the game. Hannibal has maintained a viable army, kept it supplied, and made several attempts to invade southern Italy. He even won some battles against larger Roman armies, though he also had some minor defeats. The AI is more active and much better.

The major problem at this point is that Hannibal still seems unable to destroy a large Roman Army, something he pulled off three times historically. But the game is much more challenging and accurate now.

TC271
Sergeant

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:46 am

vaalen wrote:I have started a new game of the 218 scenario, with the beta patch, and it greatly improves the game. Hannibal has maintained a viable army, kept it supplied, and made several attempts to invade southern Italy. He even won some battles against larger Roman armies, though he also had some minor defeats. The AI is more active and much better.

The major problem at this point is that Hannibal still seems unable to destroy a large Roman Army, something he pulled off three times historically. But the game is much more challenging and accurate now.

I think the problem is that the game is not setup to model decisive battles like the kind we saw in the ancient world - coupled with how easy it is to replenish depleted elements makes battles less significant.

Franciscus

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 am

Hi

In the official patch Hannibal's abilities will be further tweaked.
Hopefully with a better "modeling" of his apparent "demi-god status" at least in the First half of the War...

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rominet
Sergeant

Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hi

In the official patch Hannibal's abilities will be further tweaked.
Hopefully with a better "modeling" of his apparent "demi-god status" at least in the First half of the War...

Regards

When will the next patch be available, just to have an idea and will saves be compatible with?

Thanks.

Franciscus

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:19 am

Like the saying goes, the patch will be available when ready... :)

Jokes aside, I can't say for sure... I would say that more than 95% of my intended work is done. Ongoing "inside" testing must be done. And then Matrix guys will have to wrap the patches.
The team is very small and we have at the same time the EAW patch that takes top priority as far as Ageod guys are concerned, which is obvious.

It will be save compatible, but some changes will not apply to ongoing games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve AJE”