Franciscus

HAN 1.01 public beta patch - OUTDATED, CLOSED

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Hello

HAN Public beta patch 1.01 is now available. :thumbsup:

This patch is, in principle, compatible with games started with version 1.00 (release version), although some changes will not apply to an ongoing game.

It comes in zip format. Simply unzip it anywhere you want and run the enclosed EXE file, making sure it is "pointing" to your installation folder (default is C:\Games\Hannibal Terror of Rome)

This patch is "Public beta", meaning that is still undergoing testing. We do not expect major problems with it, but cannot guarantee that they do not exist. If you do not feel comfortable testing this patch, you can simply wait for the official version.

Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

EDIT: DELETED

[color="#FF8C00"]>> Changelog of main fixes:[/color]

List of HAN patch changes

HAN patch 1.01

NEW EXE (date 17/07/14)
- Several improvements of AI code, namely, buy not restricted to, siege and supply handling.

UI
- Added a extended detail panel for units with more than 13 elements

SCENARIOS AND DB FIXES

SPW scenarios
- Fix to the Venetii and Cenomanii auxiliaries and allliance with Rome events
- Mutina now has a level 1 depot
- Small improvements to AI scripts

SPW219 and SPW218
- Remove NM conditions for Insubrian revolt (it will occur much more frequently now)

SPW219 scenario
- several small tweaks to the Illyrian war chain of events and to Roman AI interest in Pharos
- Fix to consequences of Roman failure to win the Illyrian war

Gaesates scenario
- Taurasia now is a city level 3 and has a level 2 depot

All scenarios:
- Fix of a DB error that caused too short build times for some militia units

----------
(Note: If you own Alea Jacta Est (with or without Parthian Wars) and/or Birth of Rome, you can select and play all the scenarios of those games from the Hannibal menu, updated to latest patch. All changes included in AJE/BOR public beta patches 1.04 - and a few more - are included in this patch)

-----------

We encourage you to try it and give feedback; we will always try to correct and improve any issues found.
Nevertheless, due to several reasons (vacations :) , the imminent release of EAW, etc), we may not be very responsive during the next 2 or 3 weeks. But all reports and suggestions will be looked at eventually.

Enjoy! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

burroughs
Private

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Cannot download the patch , the link is dead. Indeed, building Iberic militia unit to garrison Saguntum in my 219 BC PBEM is supposed to take only 3 ( three ) days.

Franciscus

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:20 am

Hi

I informed Tamas from Slitherine, he will for sure fix the link, I hope

Sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tamas

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:21 am

The link has been fixed and now works again, sorry for the inconvenience.

burroughs
Private

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Yes, indeed, thanks a lot. Is there hope for a PBEM game of the full 219 BC scenario when the patch gets applied after around 30 turns? It's late 217 BC now and it's a challenge just to secure a firm base in beyond Pyrenees and support among the Gauls.

Franciscus

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 pm

It should be save compatible, yes, although not all changes may apply.

Also, both of you should be on the same game version.

Regards

(Hint: forget Gallia. It is just a (tough) road to Italy ;) )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FroBodine
Corporal

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:50 pm

When will this patch be officially released, and not a beta patch? It has been available for over a month now.

How much longer, please?

Franciscus

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Soon...(hopefully September)
But the official patch will be very similar to the beta, with a few Minor corrections

It has been somewhat delayed due to various factors: relatively few feedback of the beta patch :( , team holidays, and the release of EAW that occupied 200% of Ageod's time :)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Augustus
Conscript

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:32 pm

I have repeatedly seen that when AI enters a city due to exhaustion, the army stays in there for many many months.

It is therefore very easy to besiege the city, and without any loss starve a huge army to death.

Searry
Colonel

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:45 pm

In the 216 scenario of the Second Punic War, Scipio Africanus suddenly resurrected as a Consul. He had been dead for a while in his proconsuliar life. :bonk:
Happened in March 205 BC.

Franciscus

Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi Searry

Do you have a save game with the ressurrection of Scipio ?

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Franciscus

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi

The issue described by Searry can happen in anyone of the SPW scenarios if Proconsul Scipio is killed. this should be very rare and I am not sure there Is a 100% fix...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Searry
Colonel

Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:50 am

Franciscus wrote:Hi Searry

Do you have a save game with the ressurrection of Scipio ?

Regards

Do you still need it?

EDIT:

Franciscus wrote:Hi

The issue described by Searry can happen in anyone of the SPW scenarios if Proconsul Scipio is killed. this should be very rare and I am not sure there Is a 100% fix...

There is one certain fix: Do not actually make Africanus a consul for any year he was elected for the role.

Franciscus

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Yes, the save would be useful, if you still have it.

Our historians/designers are completely obsess...I mean, very keen on the historicity of our game...and Scipio was consul in 205 and then again Proconsul in 204... :bonk:
One solution I would like to try with your save is prolonging for one year the consulship of the 206 consul (Philo) if Scipio is dead by 205 - but don't tell ElNino :mdr:

So please post your save if you still have it

Thanks for reporting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Searry
Colonel

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Franciscus wrote:Yes, the save would be useful, if you still have it.

Our historians/designers are completely obsess...I mean, very keen on the historicity of our game...and Scipio was consul in 205 and then again Proconsul in 204... :bonk:
One solution I would like to try with your save is prolonging for one year the consulship of the 206 consul (Philo) if Scipio is dead by 205 - but don't tell ElNino :mdr:

So please post your save if you still have it

Thanks for reporting

[ATTACH]31873[/ATTACH]

Here it is. This is a double hosted game so I only have 6 months/year if you need more turns.
Attachments
scipioreincarnated.zip
(2.89 MiB) Downloaded 247 times

Franciscus

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:56 pm

EDIT:

This is now fixed for 1.01 official patch.

In the unlikely event of Scipio Africanus being killed while Proconsul, he will not be ressurected as Consul in -205. Instead, the first Consul of -207, Nero, will be elected again for the -205 consulship.

Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve AJE”